Wiki Posts
Search

what happened to the Tulsa tracks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default what happened to the Tulsa tracks?

Is there any racing going on in Tulsa
Old 09-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't know if there's any off road left right now(though I've heard about a private track or two in the area), but there is a carpet on road track getting along pretty well, at Urban RC in Jenks. Lately, for electric off road, some of us have been going down to OKC to race(at 405 RC Raceway, it's Gary O'Brien's place, he started it just over a year ago)...
Old 09-08-2016, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

FSR Raceway in Ponca City outdoor offroad, OKC there is a new indoor offroad being built at Oklahoma Hobbies and the 405 is indoor offroad.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What happened to Adams Creek?
Old 09-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
What happened to Adams Creek?
Well, best way to explain that is politics. Things got reduced to running in one building, & they tried to make off-road & dirt oval guys run on the same dirt. Problem is, both camps want the exact opposite kind of dirt, & anymore, there's almost no way to make both happy. Eventually, they ticked off ALL the off road guys, & were left with nothing to depend on but the dirt oval guys who never seem to be happy(& like to go to other ovals a lot, so ACR wouldn't get them consistently enough to make a regular profit). It had to end at some point, you chase customers away, & you won't survive for much longer. but at least we DO have an increasing number of alternatives, like Battleground in Muskogee(oval), The RC Ranch near Glenpool(off road), Urban RC in Jenks(carpet on road), 405 RC Raceway in OKC(indoor off road) FSR Speedway in Ponca City(I think outdoor off road) I believe Oklahoma RC(the new one under construction in OKC, also off road) & I believe Shaw's RC(indoor off road), which I think is not far from Lawton. There are possibly some more, so if I missed one, I apologize to them....