Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen clutch set up in a Losi 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Losi clutch w/ Dynamite clutch shoes equate to nearly maintenance free. You'll be changing bearings once in a while, but the clutch shoes require zero attention. Even with the Dynamite clutch shoes you can play with different spring weights as a tuning option.

how long have you got ou t of your shoes so far and what springs do you use ?

Also are the losi long ware shoes anygood ?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIG RE
I can't believe how many times I am having to ask this question, hopefully this time I will get an answer. Is there a 3 shoe clutch system that works without having to buy the optional motor mount?
I use a mugen flywheel with the hobao shoes as they are awesome and last for ever...almost as dont have a long spring that covers the front of the shoe so you can run them down a lot lot further and dont burr out like others either...great shoe.
I use the losi clutchbell as I like the larger inner bearing that lasts longer than a std small bearing and I run the aftermarket Losi 1x peice mount in the std position so it doesnt put to much angle on the motor carby and all you need to do is shim the clutch bell out to the outer edge of the mugen flywheel so the clutch bell is close to centre of spur....so I guess you could run the std. engine mounts like this
Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

imaxx21, that's what I needed to hear, a clear answer. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BIG RE
imaxx21, that's what I needed to hear, a clear answer. Thank you.

You CAN run a 3 shoe off the standard mount...but you have to be skilled in the shimming dept.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OK, thanks integra, I will see what I can do, I tore everything out of my kyosho last night, and I'm picking up my 8T 2.0 in a little while, If I can get it to fit, I will let everybody know how I did it.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

like i said it can be done....but imo its not the right way...buy a new mount and you'll soon forget about the crappy stock mounts all together.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRIPC
I was at my LHS shop yesterday talking to the guy about my clutch set up. I am running the Losi 4 shoe 2 alum-2 comp. And I think it works pretty good. Im always open to new ideas tho. He said the Mugen 3 shoe set up was alot better and easier to work on. My question is what Mugen clutch is it and where can I get more info on it??

Thanks
Ive run both in my losi, the mugen clutch and my losi clutch, i like the losi better, I always run the dynamite maxlife shoes, they are a great blend of grab and longevity, to use the mugen clutch, buy the losi adjustable motor mount, and it allows you to use the losi clutch, or the mounts flip around and you can use a mugen stlye clutch

Last edited by jabroni racing; 04-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

If you wanna try the mugen cheaply i got a mugen flywheel,shoes,springs,and bell. PM me if interested.