Search
Like Tree28Likes

Big C's Prayer Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The crew was gripped with fear as the ship was tossed about by the wind and waves. For fourteen days they had been battered and driven before this storm. Finally some of the sailors decided they would escape using a life boat, but Paul told them that if they did not stay on the ship, they would all die. They cut away the boat and they all made it to safety on the island of Malta, where God used Paul to perform many miracles.

Sometimes you need to stay the course that God has put you on and cut loose the things that are dragging you back. Let it go. Let them go. They would have never fulfilled God's plan in their life if they had not cut the ropes and let go of the boat. They would have died while holding onto it. If something is holding you back, and you feel God is wanting you to get rid of it, cut it loose and let it go. Trust Him to take care of you.

When they don't want to be around you, there are those waiting that do. You are a child of God, not a door mat. When the door closes to a job, there is a better door getting ready to open. When you feel all alone, you are not, for He is right there with you. If you only knew how much He loved you, your life would never be the same.

Is your past chasing you? Cut it loose and let it go. Today is the first day of the rest of your life and God is interested in your future, not your past. It is not too late. You can do this and He will be with you through it. Sometimes we have to brace ourselves and head right into the storm in order to get where we need to go.

Prayer: Father, strengthen me today and help me make the right decisions. I want to do the right thing. Forgive me of my past mistakes and guide me into Your perfect will. With You by my side, I can face anything. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray.
hunternaf likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Default United In Prayer

Praying together manifests the glory of Jesus in ways that we can’t experience in our one-on-one time with God. When this glory manifests in power, it brings divine intervention and breakthrough in the lives of everyone participating. Corporate prayer is important because it creates unity and is a key aspect of believers’ encouraging one another. That is why at Praise Center, we have a weekly corporate fast praying for the unity and salvation of our families, as well as altar call during our services. During these times, we are in prayer not only for ourselves but for those that we know, and while in church service, for those at the altar. Hearing our names and those of our loved ones being lifted up before the Lord can be great encouragement, and builds concern for others as we intercede for them. It also keeps us humble in our prayers in aligning with God’s will rather than our own selfish desires.

There are also many examples in the scriptures of the practice and benefits of corporate prayer. For instance, in 2 Chronicles 20:14-30, it tells the story of King Jehoshaphat whose army for battle seemed to be little match for the strong enemies they were facing. However, Jehoshaphat turned to God, fasted and called on his subjects for prayerful support. When the people of Judah began to pray through praise and worship, God presented a solution through a trusted prophet. The King listened and followed the instruction. The result was that his people were saved by the advancing armies turning against each other and destroying themselves.

In the Book of Acts alone there are several instances where people came together to pray. In Acts 1:14 it says: They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. This shows that during this period, praying together was a lifestyle habit and routine. Later in Acts is the story of Pentecost and how the Apostles were in a room praying together and the Holy Ghost fell down on them endowing them with great power (Acts 2:1-4). In those early days, praying together was a lifestyle routine and it was corporate prayer that brought about God’s power for miracles, signs and wonders.

The body of Christ depends on cooperation. The more we pray together, the more our hearts and minds unite. Next time someone asks you to pray for them, or if you’re in church while others are at the altar receiving prayer, think about the tremendous impact the prayers are making in the lives of those around you. Our corporate walk together as believers reflects upon how the world perceives the power and the glory of God. There is power in numbers and just as in the early church, we too can be abundantly blessed through collectively seeking God’s face on behalf of His people.
hunternaf likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Awsome words Mr C.
"Position yourself, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you" Chr 20:17
We must have read the same Book this morning.
"Whom they set before the apostles; and when "they" had prayed, "they" laid hands on them",
"Then the word of God spread, and the number of deciples multiplied greatly". Act 6:6-7.
We see that in times of great victory there are also times of whole communitys in prayer and fasting.
How do we position ourselves, please re-read the above 2 posts.

Dear Lord may your hand be upon me, may you strengthen me, may you enlarge the place of my tent, and may you deliver me from harm. Today I choose to cut myself free from me, just as Jesus said we are to pick up our cross daily, so too do I die to the things that are not of you and I ask that you fill me with your love, your gentleness and your kindness, I pray for the brothers and sisters that have the storms of life coming upon them that you give them strength, that you give them peace and that you give them rest.
In the Almighty, the All Powerful, the All Healing name that is our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
hunternaf likes this.

Last edited by jagman1; 10-18-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jagman1
Awsome words Mr C.
"Position yourself, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you" Chr 20:17
We must have read the same Book this morning.
"Whom they set before the apostles; and when "they" had prayed, "they" laid hands on them",
"Then the word of God spread, and the number of deciples multiplied greatly". Act 6:6-7.
We see that in times of great victory there are also times of whole communitys in prayer and fasting.
How do we position ourselves, please re-read the above 2 posts.

Dear Lord may your hand be upon me, may you strengthen me, may you enlarge the place of my tent, and may you deliver me from harm. Today I choose to cut myself free from me, just as Jesus said we are to pick up our cross daily, so too do I die to the things that are not of you and I ask that you fill me with your love, your gentleness and your kindness, I pray for the brothers and sisters that have the storms of life coming upon them that you give them strength, that you give them peace and that you give them rest.
In the Almighty, the All Powerful, the All Healing name that is our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
Awesome prayer my Brother glory be to GOD and in *red* is what I need to hear today.
hunternaf likes this.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

One day while Jesus was teaching in the temple, the religious leaders brought in a woman who had been caught in the very act of adultery, and they stood her in front of the crowd. The man that she had been with was oddly missing. They asked Jesus what they should do to her, and reminded Him that the law said that they should stone her.

The religious leaders knew that Jesus was gentle, loving, and merciful, and they wanted to trap Him in His words so that they could accuse Him for breaking the law. Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground, and then He said: 'Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone.' Then they all left, from the oldest to the youngest, until Jesus and the woman were alone.

Basically, everyone there was guilty of sin, and it would just be one sinner stoning another sinner. John said that if we claim that we have no sin, that we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8). Jesus did not condemn her for her past, but instead He told her to go and sin no more.

People will look down on you. The Lord Jesus does not. If you have a checkered past, just let it be in the past. Start today fresh, forgiven, and from this day forth, walk with Jesus. Don't point fingers at others and remember that those that look down their nose at you, are no better than you. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. Without His grace, we are all lost.

Prayer: Heavenly Father I thank You for Your grace and mercy. I pray that You fulfill Your will in my life and lead me into all that You have for me. Open the doors that I should go through and close the doors that I should stay out of, in the name of Jesus Christ I pray
hunternaf likes this.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Transparency

Dont know about you but I know its has been one of them weeks for me, work has been challenging, kids have been acting up and my wife has been dealing with issues at her job.

A family member is ill and it just seems like those that do not believe or are not saved seem to have it all and they life is going great. So as I push threw I stop and think that one of our setbacks as Christians is "Transparency".

As christian we sometimes want the world to see us as winning in life but if your real with yourself we all know that is not true because of the team we are on and that team is Team Jesus !

So as a family we are to be there for each other in prayer and you never know when or want blessings you can be or receive when we come together as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Prayer: Father help us to open our hearts and eyes to see the needs of others and how we can be a blessing. Help us to be Transparent to share our struggles in life that in return blessings are awaiting and we can be a blessing to others.

All this Father to bring you glory and only you in Jesus name Amen, Amen and Amen
hunternaf likes this.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Default The What if

Luke 12:25

25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life

We were so concerned about tomorrow that we could not sleep. We had received a subpoena late that evening and had to appear in court at seven in the morning, but so many things ran through our mind that we watched the sun go down and then come back up. It was all for nothing, and the case was thrown out. God came through, but I had worn myself down from worrying.

Today has arrived and it is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. It is here now, and if you are reading this, you are still here as well. So many times in my life I have been worried about the 'What if?', only to find that it came to nothing. God took care of it overnight, or I faced it and it became part of my testimony that I share with others.

When you dwell on what may come out of this, it will grow bigger and consume you. What you feed will grow, fear or faith. Face today's problems and leave tomorrow alone. Grace is given when you need it, not in advance. You will have the grace to deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Whenever you feeling like saying 'What if?', make that into: "What if God takes care of it?"

Prayer: Heavenly Father I pray that You move in my life, show Yourself strong, deliver me from the things that hold me back. Fulfill Your will in my life and protect me from those that seek to do me harm, in the name of Jesus Christ.
hunternaf likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default .

"Blessed be those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"
"Today you will be with me in paradise".

Blessed be our brothers and sisters of the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs.
Who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom and peace, whilst giving praise, worship and glory to God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, for they have received the riches and the glory of their inheritance that had been set aside for them in heaven.

Our hearts and prayers go out for the loved ones, the families and friends that are left behind by this ungodly tragedy. May God be your comfort and your strength.

May Gods healing hand bring peace and joy back to the township of Sutherland Springs, and to all who have been affected.
May God bless you.
Amen.
hunternaf likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jagman1
"Blessed be those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"
"Today you will be with me in paradise".

Blessed be our brothers and sisters of the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs.
Who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom and peace, whilst giving praise, worship and glory to God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, for they have received the riches and the glory of their inheritance that had been set aside for them in heaven.

Our hearts and prayers go out for the loved ones, the families and friends that are left behind by this ungodly tragedy. May God be your comfort and your strength.

May Gods healing hand bring peace and joy back to the township of Sutherland Springs, and to all who have been affected.
May God bless you.
Amen.
Thanks for your post my Brother and AMEN, AMEN and AMEN
hunternaf likes this.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Something to thing about this weekend

1 Peter 5:6-8
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour..

For some of us the weekend can be relaxing and fun and for others it came bring anxiety due to many reason.

For myself I have to admit I have a little anxiety that is trying to pop out due to I am racing in my 1st 1/8 On Road race in over 4 and a half years.

But what whatever the reason any of use should face anxiety either it be something very serious or not so much, remember He said cast ALL your anxiety on Him because he cares and is there.

Be blessed
hunternaf likes this.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Default Non Believers

In my thread title " Do you believe " the movie:

Someone drop a post stating that Christianity is a man made religion, so let pray for him and also here is a little something on this issue.

Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. (Romans 10:1)

Paul prays that God would convert Israel. He prays for her salvation! He does not pray for ineffectual influences, but for effectual influences. And that is how we should pray too.

We should take the new covenant promises of God and plead with God to bring them to pass in our children and our neighbors and on all the mission fields of the world.

God, take out of their flesh the heart of stone and give them a new heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 11:19)
Circumcise their heart so that they love you! (Deuteronomy 30:6)
Father, put your Spirit within them and cause them to walk in your statutes. (Ezekiel 36:27)

Grant them repentance and a knowledge of the truth that they may escape from the snare of the devil. (2 Timothy 2:25–26)

Open their hearts so that they believe the gospel! (Acts 16:14)
When we believe in the sovereignty of God — in the right and power of God to elect and then bring hardened sinners to faith and salvation — then we will be able to pray with no inconsistency, and with the confidence of great biblical promises for the conversion of the lost.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to thank all for prayers for my wife as she went through cancer tx as has came out cancer free at this time, now its time for me, after a wellness check I was offered a free ct scan, since it did not involve needles and I smoke I agreed, something showed up on the ct and we are now set up for a pet scan and biopsy of 2 areas of my right lung, please pray for gods healing and guidance in my life, I am not afraid of dying as I know the promise fulfilled on the cross will give me eternal life with my daughters in heaven but I am not ready to leave my wife as a widow
Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
I want to thank all for prayers for my wife as she went through cancer tx as has came out cancer free at this time, now its time for me, after a wellness check I was offered a free ct scan, since it did not involve needles and I smoke I agreed, something showed up on the ct and we are now set up for a pet scan and biopsy of 2 areas of my right lung, please pray for gods healing and guidance in my life, I am not afraid of dying as I know the promise fulfilled on the cross will give me eternal life with my daughters in heaven but I am not ready to leave my wife as a widow
My Brother Gary everyone that will read this post will no doubt be lifting you up in prayer, stay strong my Brother and know that those things that are meant for bad GOD will and has a way of turning them into good.

Prayer,
Father GOD we lift up our Brother and apply your sons strips to any of his health issues and pray healing and a blessed doctors report to come. Father GOD bless his wife and family during this time with peace and encouragement while them put there hearts and trust in you.

Show us Father your mighty hand at work show us your amazing grace and mercy and let us be amazing at your power that is about to unfold and nothing Father nothing but glory be to you.

In Jesus name AMEN !
Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thank you C it is in gods hands and we will be doing pet scan on 28th and biopsy on 29th
Old 11-20-2017, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
Thank you C it is in gods hands and we will be doing pet scan on 28th and biopsy on 29th
Brothers let make sure we note these dates of the 28th and 29th and keep our Brother lifted up in prayer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.