Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
No Andrew not the bulkheads. Else the diff CF plate wont mount proper. I will measure my front shocks as well. I think its some silly mistake I did most probably. I will disconnect each link and test again tonight.
rear shafts in the front ?, man you like some droop
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asc6000
fast typer
On a tablet no less. :-)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RShockley
Are the bulkheads labeled? I don't think mine are mixed up but didn't notice any differences between them while building it.
They are not labeled, but the picture in the manual highlights the angle on the bulkhead (pg 8/9 and 10/11). Also, the front bulkhead has a steeper angle on the flat spot. I know it doesn't make sense without looking at the manual.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Theibault
On a tablet no less. :-)
Dang. That is fast. But in my defense, I'm watching the Fiesta bowl and cleaning tires.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I don't remember them being labeled.
Looking at the manual they are seperate part numbers. The only difference i see is the front has more of an angle where the brace bolts on. Looks like i got lucky and built it correctly without paying attention to it.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RShockley
Looking at the manual they are seperate part numbers. The only difference i see is the front has more of an angle where the brace bolts on. Looks like i got lucky and built it correctly without paying attention to it.
I almost missed it too. I marked mine in silver sharpie just to make sure.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Looks like an excellent car from Xray and a great video posted by Tim. I miss racing at that place years ago, best people around!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

So far the xrays have been very consistent at the local track. Consistent not finishing races and breaking the same parts. I would be livid if I bought one. They must have a horrible r and d department. It is impossible to believe in testing these parts did not fail. AE Kyosho TLR Traxxas can make kits that have little to no issue. I feel bad for my friends that bought them because they are all broke and parts are not available. Is xray offering any help to fix the kits? The dealers here say xray is a pain to deal with.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

First run w/ mine last night and NO issues. It was awesome.

I also let two of our fast guys wheel it and they loved it. Hard tumbles, high speed crashes, hard braking - no problems.

Silky smooth and incredible steering.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
So far the xrays have been very consistent at the local track. Consistent not finishing races and breaking the same parts. I would be livid if I bought one. They must have a horrible r and d department. It is impossible to believe in testing these parts did not fail. AE Kyosho TLR Traxxas can make kits that have little to no issue. I feel bad for my friends that bought them because they are all broke and parts are not available. Is xray offering any help to fix the kits? The dealers here say xray is a pain to deal with.
It appears they did all the testing with the prototypes and no testing with the production kit. ??
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

broke the camber rod part of the rear tower off... I had been wondering how you could do that, heres my story. Simple, accelerate 5 feet over a small double to an immediate 180 at the finish line. The 180 is around a pvc rail stacked two high and held by a spike pounded in the ground... well I landed on top of the pipe and slid... right into the spike head. Looked like the front hit as it slid off the rail (keep in mind this all happens in a ten foot space so the speed was slow) and I looked down to check and it looked okay so I took off but it was apparent after a couple turns something was wrong.
SO.... we looked carefully at the arms and could not see the impact mark so we could not confirm what I thought i saw (the front hit) but it must have caught the right rear arm. So a nice sharp (not big at all) shot broke that off ? Where does it get the angle or force ? hmmmm Not the cars fault at all, track maintainence would have cured that for me and many others.
Anyway I still love it.
Out of curiosity at your local indoor clay track do they stop watering the track a week before rebuilding ?

Last edited by asc6000; 01-03-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: track?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DekelzMan
Anyone else in Canada get one? I heard a rumour I might be the first..Picking it up Saturday
I've had mine for over a week now, i had ordered it from toprc.eu as they where one of the first places to have them in stock when they got released
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Car has done 4 packs now on a very rough hard packed track. It's taken some hard hits and reasonable big tumbles. Nothing broken and nothing leaking. Only issue I've had is the mesh came loose but that was probably my fault as I didn't tighten the screw enough. Hasn't happened since.
I don't doubt that some people are having issues with a first batch run of a new platform but let's not be silly here...
Traxxas are bash cars, they are designed to last not compete. As for Associated and koyosho not breaking, please get reall dude...
Of all the cars that the X ray factory sent out all over the planet gotta say that the complaints are few and far between, on this forum and others.
Remember what time of year it is and the fact that X ray had a very busy end of year with world titles and kit releases. Lets just wait and see what they do...

To all those reading this thread remember people are always quick to complain and not so fast to compliment...

Cheers Andy
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
Here are my fixes for the intial issues with the XB4.

For the front bulkhead, I made a brace. My frontbulk head is actually broken, but with the brace is working fine. I attached a picture of the brace, it was handmade so its not perfect.

For the CVD plastic pin retainers, I have been using some DEX410 parts.

Team Durango Driveshaft Bushing
Team Durango B-Type Driveshaft Pin Set (2.0mm)

These pins use a set screw and will not fly out.

For the leaky shocks I have been using the DEX410 Orings.

Team Durango 10x1mm Shock Cap O-Ring Set

Hope this helps some people.

I am hoping Team SR looks at my brace and makes a nice one.
You can do the same for CVD's with Xray parts:
305392 flat spot pin
305231 drive shaft coupling
These are touring car parts but work with the XB4 too.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
My friends at TSR just announced these cf battery hold downs. Copied from "RedRC".

More XB4 parts to come from TSR.
Any idea on a timeframe for when those will be in the shop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.