Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By estill

LaTrax Rally For Parking Lot Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LaTrax Rally For Parking Lot Racing

Wondering if anyone does this and what do you think? Straight out of the box or bearings? Anything else?
Old 06-28-2021, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have three of them that we race in the driveway. They are definitely fun and tough. I would recommend bearings.

On the down side they are just OK at everything. They don't go that fast, so keep your "track" small. Tires are on the hard side and tend to slide. Finally the shocks are only springs so they don't take bumps very well.

My LHS says the Druatrax all in one brushless motors are a direct fit for more speed. I haven't gone there as the area we run in is pretty small.
Tim Hafner likes this.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome. Did you switch to bearings?

As far as the sliding goes is it fun (drift) or not so much?

How smooth is the surface you run on?
Old 06-28-2021, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We have bearings in two out of the three cars we have. The difference is noticeable. We typically run on a driveway, but I have some RCP track we will pull out from time to time. The street in front of our house was chip sealed last year, and that is too rough to even think about driving on.

As for the tires they are almost right in the middle between drifting and having a comfortable level of grip. Power slides are fun on the driveway. On the polished concrete garage floor a better driver could probably drift.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I really like them, you want bearings for sure! tough, easy to upgrade to brushless, parts plentiful and inexpensive, even hopups. But, I lost interest in mine due to needing more traction (brushless) and tire selection is non-existent. Well, as far as I know, there could be options I've just not heard about.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Absolutely, bearings. After burning up 3 stock motors, I opted for a proper 370 motor with external, replaceable brushes after experimenting with brushless and destroying several diffs. Lucked out and found a Losi Insane 370 on Ebay. But definitely start with the bearings.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

How small of track are yall talking about driving these on? My driveway is about 45'x25', and I'm setting up a track using 1'pvc to run my Reflex 14B that I've put Contact 1/10 foams on, and it's a blast, and I'm looking to add a second rc to run on it. It has 5' lanes, 1full length run followed by a sweeping turn into various switchbacks. The driveway is concrete with a smooth bushed finish, so it has a lot of grip. I'm actually thinking of a 1/12 pan car, but there is 2 expansion seams in the driveway that the pan cars won't like, at least if they are anything like my FIRST kit rc, a Parma California Sport Truck. Well Thanks for the info! BBD