Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Use ROAR rules and make it simpler...
for us The main reason we don't is we sold so many Slash trucks the first year that this year we didn't want to chase anyone away and wanted one class that remains cheap and so far it has worked great.

Allowing brushless will just make this like every other class out their that costs money. Now guys will spend 200 on a good brushless system and another who knows how much on tires. Not what we are looking for at this time for are track. Season for us has about 2 months and thats it so we won't change it now. Next year we may revisit it but since all but one track in are area runs spec pretty much it is hard to go against one of are best classes with really nice attendances.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
for us The main reason we don't is we sold so many Slash trucks the first year that this year we didn't want to chase anyone away and wanted one class that remains cheap and so far it has worked great.

Allowing brushless will just make this like every other class out their that costs money. Now guys will spend 200 on a good brushless system and another who knows how much on tires. Not what we are looking for at this time for are track. Season for us has about 2 months and thats it so we won't change it now. Next year we may revisit it but since all but one track in are area runs spec pretty much it is hard to go against one of are best classes with really nice attendances.
Slash, SC10, Strike, Blitz, Ultima SC, run equally as well in equal hands. But hopefully youll see the light. A slash did really well in SPEC class at motorama. You were missed.
HPI, Traxxas, Kyosho 1-2-3 in SPEC
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Slash, SC10, Strike, Blitz, Ultima SC, run equally as well in equal hands. But hopefully youll see the light. A slash did really well in SPEC class at motorama. You were missed.
i was watching alot os spec racing while i was there.i didnt think i seen no strikes out there running.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morris
i was watching alot os spec racing while i was there.i didnt think i seen no strikes out there running.
There werent any Strike in the field. I never said there was.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

There werent any Strike in the field. I never said there was.
i didnt say that not saying you didnt.i was just saying that i didnt see any losi trucks there at all....
Old 02-23-2010, 08:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I wish I could of made the race because my Strike works really well and that track looks excellent for it. On most tracks running the stock motor or 17.5 won't make much if any difference but on a longer track and some of the bigger more open tracks the stock kit motors don't stand a change against a 17.5 SCT with a Tekin or Castle in it.

At this time its not worth loosing possibly alot of racers just to allow 17.5 plus are track is not a fan of anything ROAR does. Are oval turnout on big races are huge compared to any ROAR race. I'm pretty sure in the last 5 years ROAR hasn't had a race as big as are Dec oval race at 500 plus and just this weekend with 380 plus. Ever are weekly offroad gets 50 to 85 which is almost as big as the ROAR Asphalt touring car Nats in 09 and will at least 2 to 3 times more than the Carpet Nats will get in a few weeks from now.

Running anything ROAR at any of are local tracks means immediate 50% plus drop off in attendance so we will never ever do what ROAR decides on. Other than allowing lipos and brushless which we did before ROAR we will just do what works for Bumps.

It just depends what works for your track. So far running the SCT class spec has proven to be whats best. We offer an open class for SCT but no one ever runs it. Just must be the area we are in vs your area.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know how much Chris sells the MRT PTX transponders for?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
Does anyone know how much Chris sells the MRT PTX transponders for?
They where 95 dollars each but we don't have any more in stock. We won't have anymore til the new AMB ones come out.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I wish I could of made the race because my Strike works really well and that track looks excellent for it. On most tracks running the stock motor or 17.5 won't make much if any difference but on a longer track and some of the bigger more open tracks the stock kit motors don't stand a change against a 17.5 SCT with a Tekin or Castle in it.

At this time its not worth loosing possibly alot of racers just to allow 17.5 plus are track is not a fan of anything ROAR does. Are oval turnout on big races are huge compared to any ROAR race. I'm pretty sure in the last 5 years ROAR hasn't had a race as big as are Dec oval race at 500 plus and just this weekend with 380 plus. Ever are weekly offroad gets 50 to 85 which is almost as big as the ROAR Asphalt touring car Nats in 09 and will at least 2 to 3 times more than the Carpet Nats will get in a few weeks from now.

Running anything ROAR at any of are local tracks means immediate 50% plus drop off in attendance so we will never ever do what ROAR decides on. Other than allowing lipos and brushless which we did before ROAR we will just do what works for Bumps.

It just depends what works for your track. So far running the SCT class spec has proven to be whats best. We offer an open class for SCT but no one ever runs it. Just must be the area we are in vs your area.
speak the gospel great one.

R
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
They where 95 dollars each but we don't have any more in stock. We won't have anymore til the new AMB ones come out.
Ok thanks. AMB is coming out with new transponders?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
Ok thanks. AMB is coming out with new transponders?
Yeah the initial round of them is suppose to cost roughly 85 bucks but not sure when they are suppose to come in. I know we have some ordered.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd

I never said you dont have a good thing there. I think that allowing ROAR rules into the track opens the window for more retail sales into the hobby store wich all stores need. If you dont think so,that just rediculous. At home we use the ROAR rules and also adopted the use of all RTR motors, speedo's and such. So anyone that buys that 200.00 rtr has two choice's, run in the Sportsman class to get used to routine of the raceday, or join in the ROAR spec class. 17.5 motors are not mandated to be used, you can also use a 27turn motor, or like I said we just allow the use of the rtr motor. Tires alone are 37.00 for a pair of Proline Split Six premounts over the counter. Its all a choice for the consumer, some may choose to stay as inexpensive as possible, which is ok, and most truck work well that way to begin with. Or you have a customer that like modifications with a limit to make it a racing competive race SCT. I dont think it is rocket science, I think it is smart buisiness. Whats fast on sunday, usually sells on monday.

BTW I DONT SUPPORT ROAR in any fashion. I attend their races and abide by their rules. I believe you may see a revision of electronics for spec for 2011..
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
speak the gospel great one.

R
Just trying to explain why Chris did the rules like we have them now. Every year the rules will get revisited and we will more than likely change them as needed to fit what we are doing for that upcoming year.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I never said you dont have a good thing there. I think that allowing ROAR rules into the track opens the window for more retail sales into the hobby store wich all stores need. If you dont think so,that just rediculous. At home we use the ROAR rules and also adopted the use of all RTR motors, speedo's and such. So anyone that buys that 200.00 rtr has two choice's, run in the Sportsman class to get used to routine of the raceday, or join in the ROAR spec class. 17.5 motors are not mandated to be used, you can also use a 27turn motor, or like I said we just allow the use of the rtr motor. Tires alone are 37.00 for a pair of Proline Split Six premounts over the counter. Its all a choice for the consumer, some may choose to stay as inexpensive as possible, which is ok, and most truck work well that way to begin with. Or you have a customer that like modifications with a limit to make it a racing competive race SCT. I dont think it is rocket science, I think it is smart buisiness. Whats fast on sunday, usually sells on monday.

BTW I DONT SUPPORT ROAR in any fashion. I attend their races and abide by their rules. I believe you may see a revision of electronics for spec for 2011..
Yeah things are changing so fast as it seems like it is weekly with the speedo programming.

We like I'm sure you do will revisit the rules for the start of a new season and go from their. I know the racers at Bumps voted hugely to keep the SCT class pretty stock for this year. We use basic commen since stuff in all are other classes which are all mod. We don't run anything stock but the SCT class.

Will see how it goes as the one local track for this summer is going to try keeping the SCT class fairly stock components with 17.5 brushless. Will see how it goes and what the turnout is like. Who knows if it works out then maybe we will try it as well.

Brushless is great and so is lipo but I never thought the speedos could do what they do now to a brushless motor. I'm just amazed right now with the technology we are seeing in such a short time.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what i tell ya mikey!

4 numbers, no less.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.