Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

He better add weight and drop the 1s sized 2s LOL.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Been meaning to post up my custom RR12 chassis with some new RSD front braces. Haven't tried them yet. Hey Christian, do you have any stiff 2mm carbon? I may need another one made with some changes. I need to lose 20g. The R1 motor is heavy, but fast!

Front bumper is only 3.4g. So that's staying. Although I might cut some extra out to drop it down to 3g. I can change out my AMR12 body. Strakka's are 4g lighter. Also might try some CRC bodies. I might save 3g if I switch to a Sanwa servo. Most screws are aluminum. There might be 2~4 I can change out and save maybe 1g. I could eliminate floating servo mount and go direct to chassis and/or go thinner chassis. Hmmmm what to do...

Old 08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The aitronics servo is light and great, it can be combined with a smaller servo plate to shed a few grams. How much is your car at? Mine is 728 with a mod motor which is usually heavier.

A thinner chassis will save you about 8 or so g. I have some std weave quasi in 2.0 in dtock right now.

I will tell you this, when I had my X12 I used to run it in stock trim With a heavy servo. The car would come in at 755g with a carbon shaft and I never felt like it slowed me down.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

I'm at 760g right now. The R1 added 14.5g. So I'd at least like to save that much. I'm gonna check a few options before I go with the thinner chassis. I like my wedge cut. It's actually 0.2g lighter than the standard cut. I thought it would weigh more but it doesn't. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I'm at 760g right now. The R1 added 14.5g. So I'd at least like to save that much. I'm gonna check a few options before I go with the thinner chassis. I like my wedge cut. It's actually 0.2g lighter than the standard cut. I thought it would weigh more but it doesn't. Thanks!
I think it's because I cut down the front and the sides a bit to compensate. There is also slightly less material at the sides in the front. Chassis is nice. We'll start doing some testing soon and if it goes well, it might be put into the V2 cars.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Update kit

Here are some pictures of our carbon update kit. These parts will be compatible with the current and all the new aluminum that is upcoming with our V2 kit.

Pre orders are up now and the update kits are expected in about 3 weeks, while the new aluminum is 4-5 weeks out.

Please ask away...

The Revisions included in the carpet upgrade kit are listed below:

1.New Stiffer, thinner and lighter material: This kit is made from 2.3mm quasi weave vs the original 2.5 std weave, The 2.3mm quasi is stiffer, lighter and lowers the CG of the car since it is thinner.

2.New Pod Geometry with the pivot 2mm further forward: This provides more cornerspeed and less lift. Allows for more aggressive settings.

3.New Battery securing systems: The car's battery holding system, whether in transverse of inline have been revised to provide tape-less solutions and more secure holding of the battery.

4.Shapes have been optimized for clearance, flex and ease of use

5.Side springs now have optional more in board positions to aid in a softer roll control for high bite conditions.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Looks good! What's changed with the aluminum parts?
Old 09-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

The pictures you see are using the original aluminum. The new stuff just has some small refinements for lighter weight and a slightly lower cg
Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default RR12 V2 Reveal!!!

The car shown in the pictures is slightly different, the new version will have:

New and Improved Aluminum part
Std Weave Carbon Fiber (no more twill weave, by request, we can make twill weave kits, but they will be filled after original batch of cars.)
AE Tubes/ Ballcups/ Pivots/ Links
All Stainless Steel Hardware
Standard sized servo mount (Micro Servo one shown)
You have 2 options on this page:

Full Kit (complete rolling chassis minus: electronics, wheels, tires, servo saver and fluids) and
Full Conversion with RSD Front End (need donor car for diff, tubes, shock, ball ends).

The new RR12V2 also includes the new carbon parts and geometry the Revisions included are listed below:

1.New Stiffer, thinner and lighter material: This kit is made from 2.3mm quasi weave vs the original 2.5 std weave, The 2.3mm quasi is stiffer, lighter and lowers the CG of the car since it is thinner.
New Pod Geometry with the pivot 2mm further forward: This provides more corner speed and less lift. Allows for more aggressive settings.
New Battery securing systems: The car's battery holding system, whether in transverse of inline have been revised to provide tape-less solutions and more secure holding of the battery
Shapes have been optimized for clearance, flex and ease of use
Side springs now have optional more in board positions to aid in a softer roll control for high bite conditions.

Lastly, the new front end is our icing on the cake. A new, light weight double A-Arm Front end is included int the kit. This system is our big innovation this time around, incorporating a suspension system that is 10-15g lighter than the traditional AE front ends, is easier to adjust and is versatile enough to run as a double a arm or traditional reverse McPherson strut we have all grown accustomed to. We do believe that the double A-Arm, once properly set up is faster than the traditional front ends we are all used to using. All our early testing is showing this.

PLEASE NOTE: THE NEW FULL CONVERSIONS ARE DUE AROUND LATE OCTOBER/EARLY NOVEMBER, THE KITS WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY. THE NEW KITS WILL ALL BE HAND ASSEMBLED FOR THE MOST PART IN HOUSE, SO THE ORDERS WILL BE FILLED IN THE ORDER RECEIVED. WE, AT RSD WANT TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE A PROPERLY ASSEMBLED, TUNED CAR FROM THE GET GO, THIS WAY YOU CAN FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH IT QUICKLY RATHER THAN HAVE TO HUNT FOR SET_UP AND STARTING FROM ZERO.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Looks cool! I'm always a fan of double wishbone suspensions. Can we get some better pics of the front end? It's hard to see where the springs are and how they are actuated.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

The front end has 2 optional ways to set your springs:

Internal spring (in the inner tube) or spring over screw on top of the arm. We have found the inner set-up better so far. It also is a breeze to adjust ride height, by turning the turnbuckle on the damper tube.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Ohhhh, cannot wait to try out that front end!!
Old 09-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

It's very nice! It handles our dots much better and is significantly more stable on small tires over bumps.

The feel is a bit different because the car just pivots so much harder without loosing bite or creating lifting issues. So far Lap times have been just as good, but the consistency seems to be slightly better on our bumpy track.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Looks great.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The front end has 2 optional ways to set your springs:

Internal spring (in the inner tube) or spring over screw on top of the arm. We have found the inner set-up better so far. It also is a breeze to adjust ride height, by turning the turnbuckle on the damper tube.
So similar to the old Delta and Yokomo front ends that had a shock between the arms...just with a sprung damper tube? Then there must be a sway bar as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.