Wiki Posts
Search

19T motor for ultima rb5

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default 19T motor for ultima rb5

This is my first offroad buggy kit I have ever built. My local track is just starting electric buggy (everyone is big on nitro classes) and have decided to go 19t stock as the first class.

I had originally planned on going brushless, but there is no point if i cant race anyone locally with it.

What 19t motors are descent in quality and price. I have no equipment to rebuild the motor at all, so I'll either be at the mercy of some co-racers with lathes and such, or just have to buy new motors. Hopefully I can get into brushless before i wear out a bunch of 19ts.

Ok pros, lay the 19t motors on me so I can place my order!

thanks

- J
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

TTT
Old 05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

19T is actually a fast and fun class in and 2wd or 4wd e-buggy. I ran 19T when first getting into mod 4wd buggy, and wasn't too far off the pace compared to those running 11 and 12 turn mods. We were actually thinking of going with a 19T 4wd buggy class here, but turnout won't justify it unfortunately.

Anyway, I would say of the 19T motors out there, I would go with one of the following in this order:

1. Checkpoint Money Motor
2. Reedy Quad Mag

The Checkpoint makes as much or more power as the Quad Mag (a personal favorite of mine) and can go for long time between comm cuts.

When do you need the motor by? I should be getting both types here this weekend in a package deal, a standard checkpoint money motor and a tuned EA Sports Quad Mag (very fast), originally mine. I run mod brushless right now so I don't need these. Let me know if interested via pm.

As for lathe's, usually you can get someone to put a skim on the motor for you for cheap. say a buck or so. You can also pick up some niced used lathes online or see if your LHS has them for a good price. Just remember you DON"T need a diamond bit. Just get a 200 grit or close diamond file and sharpen properly (I have the method from big jim, I can send it to you).

Not sure how the buggy turn out is by you, but its great that you do have a class. To really show up the nitro guys, you should pick up a Maxamps 8000mah pack and get a brushless unit (or heck, I think configured right you coudl just run that 19T) and show them the fun of 20+ minute mains with your buggy. With 19T power, you probably could go alot longer. And charge and go right away.

If it was allowed right now, I would be running lipos only.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

fastest 19t i have seen is a komodo pro (at least based) but if you cant cut the com and they wont allow 4300 or 10.5 brushless run in 19t the checkpoint money is a good choice. not weak at all they are both faster than my chameleon pro.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

i would have to say that the team checkpoint money motor is the best 19turn and you can get plenty of run time before a rebuild
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I really like my element 19t with the mod endbell. (May not be allowed everywhere) Lasts a long time between brush changes and comm cuts.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Check out BANZAI motors.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Peak Dynasty or Orion Element
Old 05-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Checkpoint makes a good 19T motor. I used to run the Komodo 19T's.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The integy 19 or called the super stock on their web site is very fast.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Agree re: 19T being very well suited to 2wd offroad. Torque avail from these motors allows very generous gearing.

Reedy quad prob the best performing 19T ive seen on our track (tight, twisty). Peak dynasty V2 endbell has less punch but great top end and is very well wearing.

Also seen a matrix 19t recently and performs really well.

So long as you go for a high end 19T, i doubt you'll be disappointed.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

I had a cobalt 9-teen. I didn't change the stock gearing down for my track (didn'/t know any better at the time) and eventually burnt it up but it was strong. Stronger than the komodo I got after the cobalt. It's not cheap (like 60$, paid 34 for the komodo) but I liked it the best of the brushed 19ts I've ran. I got a 10.5 bl system now...it's great but I'm still casing the right gearing for it.