Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Corally RDX Touring Car >

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 08-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone make a rear body mount plate that will let me fit a mazda 6 shell?

Also what do people do when running the front roll bar as mine hits the steering blocks when the steering is turned and the suspension compressed.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Rick,

I take and move the rear body mounts all the way in where the slots are on that plate. You will need to take a 1/8 inch drill bit and open the slot up just a tick. But it wont hurt it. I havent seen anyone break a body mount plate once moved in either.

On the way bar I would say you have the front mount on back wards. Im looking at my car and it wont even get close untill you move the tire up about and bottom the shock all the way out. It wont move that much during a race.

EA
Old 08-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

1.how mm of downtravel people used normally for carpet??

2.do you want more down travel for the rubber??

3.2mm in the front and 2.5m in the back its is a good starting point?

Later!!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bearings for one piece spur gears

I just got one of the one piece spur gears (part# 79310) but when I went to fit it I discovered that the bearings that came with my current black spur gear do not fit - they are too small.

I drive a UK spec kit - is this right or am I just being stupid?? Do I need to put in bigger bearings and does anyone know the size I need?

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 08-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

It has come!!! it looks like such a nice kit and i can't wait to start building it and even better racing it
Old 08-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

I have a bit of a problem with the RDX. I am putting together the Diff and for some reason it isnt working. I think i have not been given the diff pully but insted two of these?

Am i just stupid and its in another bag or i am actually missing something.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-photo-0013.jpg  
Old 08-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
I have a bit of a problem with the RDX. I am putting together the Diff and for some reason it isnt working. I think i have not been given the diff pully but insted two of these?

Am i just stupid and its in another bag or i am actually missing something.

Those are the one piece pulleies. They should work I have them and have been using them for about 6 moths now with no problems.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Well im so totally because how do i set it up because the manual is telling me diffrent to what i have got in the bags. ALSO i have found no bag 2 in there
Old 08-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Well im so totally because how do i set it up because the manual is telling me diffrent to what i have got in the bags. ALSO i have found no bag 2 in there
Ok....... you ordered the UK Edition Kit. I believe bag 2 is for the one-way. Not 100% sure. Those white pulleys used to be a $36 upgrade which are now included with the kits.

It is pretty simple. Instead of screwing the diff pulley onto the other diff half it is now a ONE PIECE PULLEY. So skip that part and move on to normal diff assembly. Simply put in the diff balls and follow the steps for the washers and assemble.

The kits are getting "running changes" which take the overall value even higher at no additional cost to you and it is tough to keep up on the manuals as you usually get 100's printed at a time. Sorry for any confusion.

Jeff
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks i now understand and every thing is running real smooth for now
Old 08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default RDX and Helger UK

Hello,
If you are in Bristol Uk, phone Helger racing they will help you immediately. Andy
Old 08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks andy ive sorted it tho any ways
Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Jeff, instead of printing new manuals, maybe additions or updates could be added to the kits...they can just be a simple half sheet of paper stating the updates in the kit thats different from the manual.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had one of the retaining rings pop off on my one-piece pulley. A bit of CA fixed it up, but I noticed the other one diff a little loose to, and hit it with a bit of CA as well. Something to keep an eye on.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andyuk99
Hello,
If you are in Bristol Uk, phone Helger racing they will help you immediately. Andy
Got to say, sent an E-mail to Helger racing the other week advising them that the cone washers for the couplers were missing and that in the reviews the car had the duraluminium steering levers but in my kit i had the composite one's... I received the cone washer's via my LHS and a day or so later an E-mail from DAVE SPASHETT that due to the trouble i had had he would compansate me with the alloy one's. You don't get that service from everyone. WELL DONE HELGER RACING and DAVE......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.