Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent Impact

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by psycho
HEYALIGNMENTGUY

If you get an Impact, you should come and race with us in the South Bay. Castle and RAMS run 1/10 on-road.

I plan on racing it at RAMS as for Castle seems like a rat race there once a month
Old 04-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

whats up all.. i'm looking to get a new motor... but i cant find a Mt12 or the JP motors instock any where .... If any of your LHS have them post there number please thanks all

-TG
Old 04-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

HEYALIGNMENTGUY

yeah, well, there is that... We only had 183 entries last race. We went to controlled practice and are policing freq clips a lot better, so it has improved. We're supposed to be going to the personal transponder system at the next race, so that should help a lot too.

On-road is more of a fun class at Castle. Most of the guys are just out there having fun driving and it's not ultra competitive like the open sedan class.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Game.... Brown Brothers has them. I think Buster has them also.

Mike Webb
Old 04-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

HEYALIGNMENTGUY

On-road is more of a fun class at Castle. Most of the guys are just out there having fun driving and it's not ultra competitive like the open sedan class.

I agree the open sedan/Foam class is taking off so much, There was like 98 people at one of the DELTA races, cars where flying in the pits from all the angry people who can't control there emotions....

I do this for fun and I don't mind getting smoked by Eric York and others, but when there is some guy yelling at the corner marshall to flip his car back over its a little too intence for me

I have heard that the RAMS races are a little laid back is this true?
Old 04-24-2002, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

I haven't been out to RAMS this year, but the guys from RAMS that have been racing at Castle seem pretty intense. I guess it doesn't help when the beginners are marshalling the 1/10 race. RAMS is having a "fun day" on Sunday. I'm thinking about going out there, but I may opt for the local school parking lot for a tune up day.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

I plan on checking out the festivities at RAMS on SUN
Old 05-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Well I got the 02 special edition Verry nice kit, but it didnt come with the polished one piece pipe like the web sight suggested, OH well the car went to geather real well I am in the process of breaking in the engine.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

cool,

I haven't raced mine yet...hopefully this Sun.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Well I got the 02 special edition Verry nice kit, but it didnt come with the polished one piece pipe like the web sight suggested, OH well the car went to geather real well I am in the process of breaking in the engine.
I got the WC02 special edition as well and you're right, it didn't come with the polished one piece pipe.. mine had other oddities as well.. for example, instead of the regular brake cam, I got the lightweight one (black in color).. also the funniest thing.. the one-way outdrive adapters in the front.. i got one that had a silver shaft (the norm) and one that had a black shaft.. both fit perfectly but isn't that weird? Anyhow, took the black one out and it's in my pitbox as a spare.. had a couple spares from when I ran the Impulse (I used the Impact outdrives on it) so I'm using that..

Raced at Castle in the .15 class for the first time this past Sunday.. was fun.. how different is Rams? I've got a MRX3 that has yet to be driven sitting in my garage and I have no idea how I'm going to split time between that and the Impact.. I'm actually thinking of selling the MRX3..
Old 05-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EuroKRN

Raced at Castle in the .15 class for the first time this past Sunday.. was fun.. how different is Rams? I've got a MRX3 that has yet to be driven sitting in my garage and I have no idea how I'm going to split time between that and the Impact.. I'm actually thinking of selling the MRX3..
I have not raced at Rams, but did go check it out a couple of weeks ago , a lot bigger track, I do mean, A lot bigger, they set it up to let those 1/8ths streatch there legs I wouldnt sell the Mugen just yet
Old 05-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

I gotta go check out Rams sometime..
Old 05-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

A couple of the guys that race the .15 class at Castle just got 1/8 scale cars. I was really close to buying an MRX3 yesterday! Grrr... more money! But, that's the one to get!
Old 05-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

A couple of the guys that race the .15 class at Castle just got 1/8 scale cars. I was really close to buying an MRX3 yesterday! Grrr... more money! But, that's the one to get!
Wow, hope that doesn't mean we're going to lose more racers in the .15 class...
Old 05-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

I don't think so. There was more .15 cars this past weekend than I have seen in quite a while. If anything, I think people are switching over to foams on their sedans and deciding to take the next step to on-road cars. If Mugen releases another 1/10 on-road car, I think we would see more interest. I'd sell my Impact and buy a Mugen in a heartbeat because I know it would be a lot cheaper to run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.