Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can we preorder the diff screws and bushings? I got 6 guys here running RDX, need to make sure we all going to have these new parts.

Dom
Old 11-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jrrc
With the same part # how can we tell when ordering if we are getting the new diff bolts? Any word on the 3.9 chassis?
Well, they are replacing the old style. We will only ship the new style bolts as described. 3.9mm Chassis should arrive after Cleveland Indoor Champs.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey J, wassup? Haven't heard from you about Nats questions lately!!! J/K.

I did an A-B test with the G6 and Parma. G6 definitely got a bit more bite up front, but what I would consider as a bit "twitchy". Parma is just smooth, period.

For a green track, I'll use the G6, for a medium bite track and above.... I'll have to say I like the Parma a lot more.

Dom
LOL ..yea between you and Joe I've gotten a ton of insite and feedback to the nats, things are progressing well on them, check out the site at http://www.2006RoarNats.com
Old 11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

So, if I order the screws and get the old ones I've just wasted my time and money. HPI did the same thing with one of their parts and it took quite a while before the distibutors sold through their old inventory, so the customer couldn't tell if he was getting the new part for months.

IMHO if a part is replaced by a superior part you should have a new part number and discontinue thr old part. It might be a little harder for Corally, but it be much better for the paying customer.

I'm not trying to bash Corally, its a great car. However the first race with it I broke one of those screws.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
Team Corally introduces the all new Brass Steering Block bushings 3x6x2mm. This is an option to replace the ball bearings. They run really smooth with minimum play. They are offered as 4 pieces in one package (#1141)

Retail Price - $7.00 (4 pcs)

Bravo. Thanks for listening to your customers. Great work!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

So, if I order the screws and get the old ones I've just wasted my time and money. HPI did the same thing with one of their parts and it took quite a while before the distibutors sold through their old inventory, so the customer couldn't tell if he was getting the new part for months.

IMHO if a part is replaced by a superior part you should have a new part number and discontinue thr old part. It might be a little harder for Corally, but it be much better for the paying customer.

I'm not trying to bash Corally, its a great car. However the first race with it I broke one of those screws.
As Jeff posted 3 posts abouve yours, Corally will only ship the new ones from this point on. So if you place your order now, you'll get the new ones!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Not if the dealer/ditributor has old inventory.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

We have not ordered any 77162 screws in 3 months because we wanted to wait for the new bolt. If Distributors and Hobby shops still have old stock then that is out of our control. Besides, usually people were only ordering 2-5 at a time which means they were selling out. We have back ordered orders for the diff screws because we knew a better one was coming. Everyone should be out of the old items after 3 months of us back ordering.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jeff, just got my Chassis it is SOOOO RAD.

Thanks Jeff

Dax
Old 11-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, guys, great work on getting the steering bushing improved and more reasonably priced. You folks at Corally USA are good people, which goes a long way toward keeping me with this car. People always ask what cars are better, but with everything being so close, for the average racer, they should really ask who has better support.

I would -love- to put in an order for bushings, diff screws and bulkheads, and have it ship out once all the parts are available. Do you guys have a system for keeping orders in a hold status until all the parts are available to fill the order?

Glad to see Corally is continuing to address engineering issues, like the improved diff screw, and including it as part of their kit. While these are little things, they could just as easily have been used as an opportunity to make more money. I take back my earlier statement about Corally always trying to gouge customers. Way to go.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Could Cuffs or Toso post their latest setup for mod on carpet with foam tires? Only one more weekend to get ready for the Champs, and I'd like a good starting place, that's more up to date than what's on the Corally website.
Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Could Cuffs or Toso post their latest setup for mod on carpet with foam tires? Only one more weekend to get ready for the Champs, and I'd like a good starting place, that's more up to date than what's on the Corally website.
Thanks
Toso ran identical cars at the ROAR Nats and Vegas. Those are the latest setups since Toso doesn't race carpet except at major races. Cuff's only made minor changes to Vegas but I am not aware of any changes he has made since then.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Where can I find RDX steering blocks for sale? I only need the plastic ones, and everywhere seems to be out of stock. I'm broken and unable to continue.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edseb
Where can I find RDX steering blocks for sale? I only need the plastic ones, and everywhere seems to be out of stock. I'm broken and unable to continue.
What up Carl....

Call Superior Hobbies and order some. 407.834.9299 and they can ship them out on Monday for you.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff:
Thanks for the info. That worked out. Give me a PM, my contact info has changed and maybe I can get you guys something.
Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.