Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

MTS 1/10 Electric FF Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finally got my car! I see the front shocks dont have spacers between the shock and the shocktower. What benefit will it have to make to shocks standing upright? I am goin to run it this weekend and will give feedback on Monday, hope it is good.

Oops my bad! looks like the car came out of the box assembled wrong!

Last edited by benTC5; 07-27-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by midse

Derek Hung placed 2nd in Mod class at We Shi International race using the chassis and Team Powers.

tem no. RO-MTS-T2
MTS T^2 1:10 Touring Car kit. PRE-ASSEMBLED
Specifications:
- Innovative RAS (Reduced Air System) shock absorber
- Innovative Anti-Twist Bar Rolling System
- With newly designed aluminum motor mount that can adjust the motor towards/backwards to the chassis center
- Belt direct drive system
- Front & rear spring steel CVD shaft
- With front solid axle with spring steel outdrive
- Rear gear differential with spring steel outdrive and with harder plastic gear
- Spring steel turnbuckle and come with HD ball cups
- Come with aluminum Floating Servo mount, Steering arm, gear diff mount, fan mount, suspension mount and locking wheel hex
- The 2.2mm main chassis, 2mm upper deck, 3mm front and rear shock tower are made by USA carbon fiber
- With aluminum stands to adjust the chassis stiffness to utilize different traction at different track conditions.

MTS T^2 User Manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxU...ew?usp=sharing

Looks to have some very cool innovative features. The Reduced air shocks hsve the shafts travelling through the sealed shock cap. Should make for less stiction and end play. The adjustable top deck flex system will be a welcome change too. It has Lots many included options you don't get on other kits. The manual has lots of other parts listings of tuning options. As mentioned above, It is pre assembled so the 3d CAD manual is for reference.

They're expecting to be released soon. I've ordered one to test and will post a full review here and in the MTS t^2 thread. I'll partially pull it down and rebuild.
I've ordered one too. Supposed to be realised end of july early august. Looks different and has some neat features.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

don't pollute this tread please... start another tread for the MTS-T^2 !!!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by otaku521
I have just picked up this car as well...(2nd Hand)
Any one have a good generic setup / setup sheet for this car?
so far this car's electronics:
HW 3.0
Scorpion 13.5T
Sanwa 871 servo
Sanwa 471 Receiver

1) Anyone have any suspension springs advice? HPI Silver? Yokomo Blue? Xgear Pink?
2) as read above that replacement arms, c hubs, etc can switch to Xray ones (plastics)
2a) How about Metal Suspenion blocks - what other ones fits? Xray?
3) Diff can switch to ARC/Xray would be fine? Can it use xray spools? (Since ppl here use bluetac/ear plugs/putty on it anyways)
4) Universals CVD- can it use double cadins? or 2 sections CVDs can it use Xrays compat ones? (like Spec R or Yeah Racing?)
5) Anyone have problem with the pulley? I heard that it wears out easily? I have seems CSO have release a part for it...
6) What type of body works best? HPI Celica? FD2? EK9? MK9?

Sorry so many questions...

So Anyone have a good basic setup sheet for me?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patorz31
Actually for a FWD car you want the biggest Spur you can get for the ratio you want to run. You want the motor as far forward as you can get. The more forward the motor the more front end weight you have which means more traction.
I am running a 78t 48p spur with a 45t pinion currently.
Patorz31: You previously mentioned that Xray Diff and Spool - have you tried it? does it fit nicely? Would Spool be driving better than Diff with putty in it?
Currently I am running with stock diff with bluetac on it...

I am thinking of putting my Xgear Pink into it instead of the Stock Gold Front/ Stock Silver back in my shocks... maybe it could free spin less and more traction than what I preferred... or should I stick to current stock instead?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Right now for me I am running the stock springs and the stock different with 1 million CST in it. It works so well I haven't changed anything. We're I am (Canada), I am running a 21.5 motor with the Ride USGT tires. It works great out of the box with such a low power setup. I have no idea what it would be like with a 13.5 in it. Sorry I can't be more help.
Maybe contact Andy Tse at Team Powers : [email protected]
They run it in HK with 13.5s in them.
that's the best I can do for you.

Pat
Old 08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Race day! will be running the car 1st time today with 13.5 hobbywing and tekin RS pro(blinky) I am starting with a 77/34 combo as this is what our rules dictate on FDR. Just two things so far I had to fettle with: The C hub bushes that was too long. I had to dremel the bottom one down by about 1/2 mm otherwise the was a huge amount of up/down play when I had it on the setup station. And yes the one bodypost wasn`t drilled all the way down to the bottom, probably a manufacture oversight?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benTC5
Race day! will be running the car 1st time today with 13.5 hobbywing and tekin RS pro(blinky) I am starting with a 77/34 combo as this is what our rules dictate on FDR. Just two things so far I had to fettle with: The C hub bushes that was too long. I had to dremel the bottom one down by about 1/2 mm otherwise the was a huge amount of up/down play when I had it on the setup station. And yes the one bodypost wasn`t drilled all the way down to the bottom, probably a manufacture oversight?
One gripe is that the steering have some slop which if putting on a stand and full throttle u will see the front wheels vibrate left and right a little any recommendations on this?

Also the chamber links are to be leveled or tilt down towards the center?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

After my 1st run the car felt very good, must say that the rear is very stable even running on a cold track! The screw that holds the steering arms came loose so a little loctite did the trick. Second run with the tyres pre-heated the car came to life! Was running a second faster than my Sabre FD2. I am using the stock setup so there is room for improvement. Got a setup sheet from race-opt I will publish it as soon as I have a chance.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
I've ordered one too. Supposed to be realised end of july early august. Looks different and has some neat features.
Me too, mine should arrive any day.

thread started here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/886123-mts-t-2-t-squared.html
Old 08-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benTC5
After my 1st run the car felt very good, must say that the rear is very stable even running on a cold track! The screw that holds the steering arms came loose so a little loctite did the trick. Second run with the tyres pre-heated the car came to life! Was running a second faster than my Sabre FD2. I am using the stock setup so there is room for improvement. Got a setup sheet from race-opt I will publish it as soon as I have a chance.
Thank you! been looking for the setup sheet for this as well

thanks!
Old 09-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Orca VX 4.1
Sanwa ers-971
sanwa rx-471
Fantom racing 3900 100c ( 150g )
teampower 21.5
HPI 26mm 0 offset wheels
RIDE USGT 24mm spec tire and insert
tamiya std shock ( 42.5 wt associated )
stock spring
96T / 51T 64p

optional rear shock tower
I buy optional CVD with 2mm outdrive pin for ARC geardiff and spool test

Last edited by Quinny45; 09-12-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Got my MTS FF. Looks great, can't wait to drive it. What Bodies are you running.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

I run HPI civic SI coupe 190mm and HPI toyota celica 190mm

next test speedpassion mugen civic RR
Old 09-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

another nice practice day with my friend Pat ! I try new motor ( R1 Wurks 21.5 v7 ) and the power is awesome !! I run the car with USGT spec tire and weight with civic coupe body and I do the same fast time of my friend who run 2014 Xray T4 !

the best parts of the storie was I am faster with my MTS FF than my ARC 2015 !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.