Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno mp7.5 sport 3 vs Habao Hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Inferno mp7.5 sport 3 vs Habao Hyper 7

hay guys im interested in gettin a new car and i have narrowed it down to either the kyosho inferno or the hyper 7 and was just wondering if anyone could help me decide. they both cost about the same price so it just comes down to witch one is stronger and beter all round

hyper 7 link
http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/pr...00e7e9c24efff5

inferno link
http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/pr...00e7e9c24efff5

Last edited by KIERAN2518; 07-26-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: add links
Old 07-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got no direct experience with the Kyosho RTR buggy. However, I have heard that the quality of the RTR version is nowhere near what it is in the Kyosho kits. I've got a Kanai 3 and it is a very nice buggy. Top quality materials throughout and tough to break.

My other buggy is a Hyper 7 PCR. Hyper 7's are nice buggies as well; I personally think the materials don't quite measure up to the top level buggies but they handle well and are a lot of fun to drive. The new Hyper 7 TQ "Black" is really a pretty sweet ride, especially for $300 US RTR.

So my vote would be for the Hyper 7. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kyosho kyosho i have a 7.5 and love it and as you run it you can put a lot of 777 parts on it and have a kit 777 with not a lot of time and not to much money.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would recommend the Kyosho Inferno
Old 07-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

do u have any reasons for the inferno being beter
Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can't give any reason why the kyosho is better than a hyper 7 I have never ran a hyper 7 I can tell that the kyosho is strong and i have had some big air crashes and not broke anything the one thing i will tell you is the spur gear on the 7.5 is plastic and you will need to chage it with the steel 777 gear.I would also ad diff oil in all the diffs but that is something that needs to be done on all rtr's.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I currently run an RC8, but my last buggy was an mp7.5 kanai, and it's brought me nothing but pleasure. My kyosho is creeping up on jeeze, id say 6 or 7 years old maybe, and its still in great shape and never had to replace any major parts on it. Ive currently got it built up for my girl to drive around so she doesnt feel left out, she loves it.

Ofna, will always be a low end company to be. I know their stuff has gotten a bunch better, and they build extremely competitive [jammin' atleast] race kits now, but I just have a hard time get past their history. Kyosho 1/8 buggies have always been world class, and there's no end to that dynasty in sight.

just my $.02
Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default Inferno MP7.5 vs Hyper 7

I've tested them both. It's really just a personal preference.
They are both excellent for their price range for RTR's.
Either one is a nice choice for a beginner to jump into the buggy scene.
Good Luck!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

My first buggy was a US Sports back in February. I recently rebuilt it for my dad (I "upgraded" to a Turmoil Pro) and I think I got the raw end of the deal. I used to bash the heck out of it in a field before I got into racing and I haven't had to replace any parts.

Of course, that motor can be difficult to tune compared to the Force 21 in the Hyper.

In case you can't tell, my vote is for the Kyosho.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, he's not asking about a Kanai, a 7.5, or a 777, all of which are very nice buggies. He's asking about the RTR Inferno which I have read in more than one post on this site and others is NOT a very good buggy. Again, I've got no experience with the Kyosho, but I do with the Hyper 7. Out of the two buggies he's inquiring about, I'd recommend the Hyper.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Just FYI

Originally Posted by LabRat99
Guys, he's not asking about a Kanai, a 7.5, or a 777, all of which are very nice buggies. He's asking about the RTR Inferno which I have read in more than one post on this site and others is NOT a very good buggy. Again, I've got no experience with the Kyosho, but I do with the Hyper 7. Out of the two buggies he's inquiring about, I'd recommend the Hyper.
The US Sports Edition is pretty much a 7.5, White Edition was first; Red Edition was second; and then the US Sports Blue Edition. I have tested them all and again, feel this decision would be a personal preference. There are many versions of the Hyper 7 as well, so don't get them confused either.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LabRat99
Kind of wierd, but I thought they were.
The title has MP7.5 in it and the link for the picture has a MP7.5 in it.
So what's and RTR Inferno if its not one of these?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK, I don't know whats different between the RTR Sports 3 and the US Sport, but I can say:

The US only has one set of spider gears per diff. Costs around US$20 to add the remaining gears.

The US only has one chassis support brace which is in the rear. I've taken some pretty nasty spills and haven't had any issues.

The US has center dogbones but not CVD's.

All the diffs are filled with grease instead of silicon oil.

The engine is not SG, so you will need to buy a new clutch assembly in the event you switch engines.

The radio is really good, but be prepared for interference from just about any AC source as its AM.

The front C-hub limits steering travel. This can be overcome with a dremel

The front C-hub does not have a shield so it's easy to get dirt into the wheel bearings. There is a 20deg replacement which fixes this. Don't forgot to get the matching a-arm.

The steering servo connection is a bit flimsy (the rod between the server-horn and the bellcrank). I've yet to replace this on my dads, but I can imagine a hard hit would break it or knock it loose.

Overall, this is a great starter buggy. If you're the type that has to upgrade everything (as I am), then you will probably want to start with a roller and add your own electrionics and engine.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mthird
OK, I don't know whats different between the RTR Sports 3 and the US Sport, but I can say:

The US only has one set of spider gears per diff. Costs around US$20 to add the remaining gears.

The US only has one chassis support brace which is in the rear. I've taken some pretty nasty spills and haven't had any issues.

The US has center dogbones but not CVD's.

All the diffs are filled with grease instead of silicon oil.

The engine is not SG, so you will need to buy a new clutch assembly in the event you switch engines.

The radio is really good, but be prepared for interference from just about any AC source as its AM.

The front C-hub limits steering travel. This can be overcome with a dremel

The front C-hub does not have a shield so it's easy to get dirt into the wheel bearings. There is a 20deg replacement which fixes this. Don't forgot to get the matching a-arm.

The steering servo connection is a bit flimsy (the rod between the server-horn and the bellcrank). I've yet to replace this on my dads, but I can imagine a hard hit would break it or knock it loose.

Overall, this is a great starter buggy. If you're the type that has to upgrade everything (as I am), then you will probably want to start with a roller and add your own electrionics and engine.
Now that's some relevant information that KIERAN2518 can use---Good Job
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I think MThird pretty much covered everything with the 7.5 RTR.
Also the stock steering servo is pretty weak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.