Community
Wiki Posts
Search

very confused, car has mind of its own

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default very confused, car has mind of its own

well im not a newb at rc but i didnt know if this ? should go here or the rookie zone, but anyways. i recently just put a new piston and sleeve in my hpi stadium truck, broke it in correctly, assembled correctly etc... however i cant figure out why when i give it full gas it just dies. it runs great but when you punch it, it just shuts off. i have tryed everything i know. i even took it to my buddy who has 15 years experience and he couldnt figure it out. any suggestions would be great thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pu the motor back to factory needle settings and tune from there. It sounds like your low speed is too rich or too lean.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

It only dies when you punch it? Or, does it also die at full throttle easing into it?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chunk t
It only dies when you punch it? Or, does it also die at full throttle easing into it?
dies if i punch it and if i ease into
Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Pu the motor back to factory needle settings and tune from there. It sounds like your low speed is too rich or too lean.
i already tried that a couple of times still the same results
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had the same problem awhile back too. Well kinda. My engine would idle perfectly but after I would take off it would just die. I leaned out my low speed needle alot and it seemed to do the trick. Weird thing was my car had no gurgling noise that you would hear when it is rich. That's what made it so frustrating. But it runs great now.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

could it be possible that i have a small leak in the oring on top of the gastank lid, so the tank doesnt hold good pressure, wich when i get heavy on the gas it begans to leak pressure from the gastank so it doesnt feed gas to the engine enough for open throttle???? i am not leaksing gas anywere and i have replced the pressure line from exhaust to gastank and fuel line