Wiki Posts
Search

D8 OR RC8B???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh geez dont get that started lol, so did it jump simlar like a losi buggy ?
you like that don't yaIt flew straight everytime no matter how i came off the triple.It also downsides jumps very easily and smooth.It turns in very smooth and handles the rough very easily.I NEED IT!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kman16jr
you like that don't yaIt flew straight everytime no matter how i came off the triple.It also downsides jumps very easily and smooth.It turns in very smooth and handles the rough very easily.I NEED IT!!!!

nice ! im going to get the d8t still so its proberty a bit similar .
did it feel pretty light ?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

the car flies far,i almost overshot a few jumps a few times because it was lighter than i thought.And as far as weight my buddies weighs around 8lbs fully loaded with a full tank of gas.No more burn't servos,yes.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nice ! im going to get the d8t still so its proberty a bit similar .
did it feel pretty light ?
the D8T jumps very good and is very stable, its easy to drive. best truggy ive driven so far.... cant wait to get my O'donnell Z01-T it will be here tuesday

just need to get my D8T GONE!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
the D8T jumps very good and is very stable, its easy to drive. best truggy ive driven so far.... cant wait to get my O'donnell Z01-T it will be here tuesday

You here this tc5man D8T GONE!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kman16jr
You here this tc5man D8T GONE!

i know i dont, have a enough money right now anyways but im buying new for now on .
Old 08-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

i know i dont, have a enough money right now anyways but im buying new for now on .
+1,been doing that for a year now and do not regret it.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Prophet

cool does the stock setup on the d8t pretty good ? if its easy to drive the harder i can drive i like that.

whats funny i never, seen anybody at my track race the z01-t but i have seen a couple of guys, racing them my racer bud had one that had a losi and he dint like it, he said that it was too heavy and couldnt get it to his likeing but that was a 1st gen model.

i did drive the o donnell buggy, a long time ago it was very stable but i couldnt control it because he had a wicked fast engine in it.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

cool does the stock setup on the d8t pretty good ? if its easy to drive the harder i can drive i like that.

whats funny i never, seen anybody at my track race the z01-t but i have seen a couple of guys, racing them my racer bud had one that had a losi and he dint like it, he said that it was too heavy and couldnt get it to his likeing but that was a 1st gen model.

i did drive the o donnell buggy, a long time ago it was very stable but i couldnt control it because he had a wicked fast engine in it.
yes the setup works great except run these oils: 7-10-3 in the diffs front-rear. and on the shocks run 500 front and 400 rear, white springs front and blue rear. its always what i went back too. on the shocks 500 does not equal 50 and 400 does not equal 40. i ran HB oils. then i went to 50 front and 40 rear with AE oils just bc i ran out of HB oil.

and on OD, my dad and one other guy runs OD, they both have the B-team buggy. i recently got sponsored by OD. i like them but im getting a SG buggy next week also. but they are great buggys and truggys, just cant wait to drive them.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Prophet

yes the setup works great except run these oils: 7-10-3 in the diffs front-rear. and on the shocks run 500 front and 400 rear, white springs front and blue rear. its always what i went back too. on the shocks 500 does not equal 50 and 400 does not equal 40. i ran HB oils. then i went to 50 front and 40 rear with AE oils just bc i ran out of HB oil.

and on OD, my dad and one other guy runs OD, they both have the B-team buggy. i recently got sponsored by OD. i like them but im getting a SG buggy next week also. but they are great buggys and truggys, just cant wait to drive them.

ok yea i use mostly, losi shock oil 7-10-3 diff oil ok are the white front springs a stock part and the blue rear spring to ? i know the parts are cheap so it doesnt matter.

im just curious why i never seen a o donnell truggy at my club race.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

ok yea i use mostly, losi shock oil 7-10-3 diff oil ok are the white front springs a stock part and the blue rear spring to ? i know the parts are cheap so it doesnt matter.

im just curious why i never seen a o donnell truggy at my club race.
yes those are stock, i also like yellow front springs and orange rear too, but i mix match them, you only need those 4.

yeah there none at mine either, ill be the first. the reason why is because they dont do the big nationals.

also look at the chart im posting, its shock oil converter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
001 SHOCK OILS.pdf (19.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im ganna try a new setup on my buggy. The D8 and losi are similar so im ganna try Adam Drakes full set up and im ganna change my diffs from stock which is 5/4/1 to 5/4/2 i think this buggy will be solid then my next experiment is shock oils set up.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Im ganna try a new setup on my buggy. The D8 and losi are similar so im ganna try Adam Drakes full set up and im ganna change my diffs from stock which is 5/4/1 to 5/4/2 i think this buggy will be solid then my next experiment is shock oils set up.
losi and HB handle nothing alike, what so ever, losi is good and all put the push like crazy IMO. in a D8 buggy, run 5-5-3 or 4-4-2 and youll love it. 35 front and 30 rear shock oil and white front springs and yellow rear springs everyone i told that setup to ran it and hasnt changed it since.

the funny thing is i dont run that lol i ran 50 front, 40 rear shock oil (drilled pistons) and 7-7-3 diffs, white front springs, grey rear springs with long shock ends. i do NOT recommend my setup, i have a some custom stuff like drilled pistons, you cant buy them. people liked my setup but its really aggressive and you have to drive it HARD at all times to get it to work.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Prophet

yes those are stock, i also like yellow front springs and orange rear too, but i mix match them, you only need those 4.

yeah there none at mine either, ill be the first. the reason why is because they dont do the big nationals.

also look at the chart im posting, its shock oil converter.

ok thanks for the, chart so the xray #150 oil is the same as losi shock oil 17.5
are the the yellow and orange springs for a smooth track ?

jmaxy51 : some guy on here, told me to use 40w front and rear on the eight -t to get rid of that push which i hate too even though i changed the steering link to a long one.
now this is with a softer front spring and stiffer rear spring..

he said the reason, for the push is because theres so much weight in the front of the truggy.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

ok thanks for the, chart so the xray #150 oil is the same as losi shock oil 17.5
are the the yellow and orange springs for a smooth track ?

jmaxy51 : some guy on here, told me to use 40w front and rear on the eight -t to get rid of that push which i hate too even though i changed the steering link to a long one.
now this is with a softer front spring and stiffer rear spring..

he said the reason, for the push is because theres so much weight in the front of the truggy.
yep that chart is a keeper, print it out and keep it with you

also i like yellow front springs on almost all tracks. you will have to play with them and just try them out and see what works for you. re-set your ride height when you change springs.

yeah i know, ive driven alot of losi's with different setups, the only ones i like (for me) was the ones with front and center smart diffs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.