Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hardened 39 diff gears

Originally posted by coldeye
Does anybody know if tower hobbies sells the 39t gears. All I can find are the silver ones and I thought those were the standard ones. I thought we had a link on the earlier pages, but again all I found were the silver diff gears. Am I wrong in assuming the hardened ones are black? Guide me enlightened ones!

Mike P.
Mike, I think you need to get them overseas for now. I did not make it Sunday because it was TOO HOT!!! I raced at Revelation instead and came in 2nd...
Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hardened 39 diff gears

Originally posted by coldeye
Does anybody know if tower hobbies sells the 39t gears. All I can find are the silver ones and I thought those were the standard ones. I thought we had a link on the earlier pages, but again all I found were the silver diff gears. Am I wrong in assuming the hardened ones are black? Guide me enlightened ones!

Mike P.
My hardened 39t gears are silver and the 40T are black.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by orangbaligila
not waiting for V-One RRR?! hehe,... I'd like to know for you guys that run in JITC,... is the FW "nervous" on long sweepers?! I've only used mine on short track (Makro Bali),... might show up on GQ on May (if I'm good enough already, hehe...)
the only problem v-one series had is that the rear bulkhead doesn't improved much..it's bulky and wide.the effects is that the rear arms are longer and the rear end will had a tendency to "twitch"..especially on high grip tracks.Mugen had the right design cause the rear bulkhead are smaller and the arms are longer..making it's rear end had more grip.
I'd already race the FW on bigger tracks.and it seems that if u want the rear end to be more steadily, u should use harder rear springs, harder stabilizer (high grip tracks), and softer clutch spring..my FW already broke my personal best time set by my V-one rr evo and TQ'd it last race...
Old 04-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by juki
the only problem v-one series had is that the rear bulkhead doesn't improved much..it's bulky and wide.the effects is that the rear arms are longer and the rear end will had a tendency to "twitch"..especially on high grip tracks.Mugen had the right design cause the rear bulkhead are smaller and the arms are longer..making it's rear end had more grip.
I'd already race the FW on bigger tracks.and it seems that if u want the rear end to be more steadily, u should use harder rear springs, harder stabilizer (high grip tracks), and softer clutch spring..my FW already broke my personal best time set by my V-one rr evo and TQ'd it last race...
sounds good,.. btw, any possibility to share your gearing for JITC? one-way or solid or diff for JITC? I'm using both 50,000 diff oil front and rear in Makro Bali (small, bumpy, twisty track),... can get me sideways drift-style on some sweeper, hehehe.... not very good on the tyres though,... but a good taunt for others
Old 04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Coldeye:

The 39T steel ringgears is goldish silver. The stock ones are SILVER. The 40T steel ringgears are BLACK. Good luck!

Buddy
Old 04-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Buddy C!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

juki, what diff oil are you running in the rear? I tried 20-40k and it seems the car pushes on power and at higher speed corners. I've already took out the front sway bars, decreased front droop and am running 37F 40R.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had my car working pretty good in the infield this pst Sunday. Only thing lacking was motor. I blew 1 #6 plug and 2 #8's. Overheated the motor twice and really bad in the main. If I had the power the car was good for mid 17 second lap times. I ended up crashing out of the race but so far I am happy with the car. It is almost there handling wise.

Does anyone notice that motors run a little hotter in this car than other cars because of the air filter in front of the engine?
Old 04-28-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Does anyone notice that motors run a little hotter in this car than other cars because of the air filter in front of the engine?
I thought if the air filter is behind the engine like the NTC3, that would be bad...

Anyway, is it possible that perhaps the engine on the FW05R runs a lot higher RPM for the same track?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

I had my car working pretty good in the infield this pst Sunday. Only thing lacking was motor. I blew 1 #6 plug and 2 #8's. Overheated the motor twice and really bad in the main. If I had the power the car was good for mid 17 second lap times. I ended up crashing out of the race but so far I am happy with the car. It is almost there handling wise.

Racing4Evo, where did you race this Sunday? Care to share you setup? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by orangbaligila
sounds good,.. btw, any possibility to share your gearing for JITC? one-way or solid or diff for JITC? I'm using both 50,000 diff oil front and rear in Makro Bali (small, bumpy, twisty track),... can get me sideways drift-style on some sweeper, hehehe.... not very good on the tyres though,... but a good taunt for others
I'd use 22 and 27 pinions, 39t ring gear...the spur gears are standard.i should change it to the lower one..I also use front 1 way and 30.000 diff oil in the rear end..
Old 04-28-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jeffreylin
juki, what diff oil are you running in the rear? I tried 20-40k and it seems the car pushes on power and at higher speed corners. I've already took out the front sway bars, decreased front droop and am running 37F 40R.
I'm using 30.000 diff oil..it seems that this setup made the car more easier to drive.the front sway bars on my car is set to 45 degree and i've use 37f-37r or 40f-40r.this tire choice are use to stabilize the car when entering corners..FW had a tendency to drive into the corner slowly and little bit understeer. but in the middle of the corner and exiting the corner, the car can back to it's racing line and shut the doors...
Old 04-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

have u take off the heatsink and turn it before u run the engine?the heatsink of the engine had a slot that can be sees from the front.The purpose of this slot is to cool down the plugs.the original heatsink from the factory is set to accomodate the car with it's engine portrude to the left or right(belt driven cars), not to the front or back( shaft cars)..
Old 04-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

does anyone have a gear chart for the kawahara gears?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

have u take off the heatsink and turn it before u run the engine?the heatsink of the engine had a slot that can be sees from the front.The purpose of this slot is to cool down the plugs.the original heatsink from the factory is set to accomodate the car with it's engine portrude to the left or right(belt driven cars), not to the front or back( shaft cars)..
That's a fine idea! I never thought about it. I will do that right away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.