Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why buy an off-road car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Its a bit much right now. Week before last was a RC pro race, last weekend was a point race for my local track race series, this week is State race, then next week back to the local track for that points race.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salteen
I hail from the States of United where the dollar's not worth a dollar but a gallon of fuel is worth 3!

hahahaha:l ol:
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salteen
I hail from the States of United where the dollar's not worth a dollar but a gallon of fuel is worth 3!

Ha so true so true.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

ezeevdub, fair enough it might be a full calendar for you to run in every event, but i would kill to be able to run in that many events, you usa guys have so many tracks you can use, we have one, maybe 2 if u like travelling 4hrs, but apart from that one track locally it's just the bmx tracks, and personally i like the bmx tracks better
Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is the sort of thing i like to do with my truck... mine is the dominator with the wide wheels....not the one doin the tripples that's my mate, this was the bash b4 i put the go-tech in it

here is the link.... i hope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkZ3CRGoPo
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

so what do you think of the 10 yr old MT?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

we've used carpet to keep the face of some jumps intacted (outside dirt track) but not for the whole track. The bad thing about carpet is if you have a screw loosen up on the bottom of the chassis & it catches in the carpet. Ugly sight.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes i know what you mean, we run an all dirt track, but on one of the jumps we had to put carpet down, every now and then, cos there are so many cars goin over the carpet, it would lift up an edge!, and wouldnt you know it, the next buggy to go over it would just get caught up in the rug, start doin circle-work, and just waste time, i know what ur sayin dude can be real frustrating but all us marshalls can do is watch and wait
Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I haven't heard of Nitro being run indoors on carpet, but I guess it could be done. The only carpet offroad I have heard of was a few places in the Midwest (U.S.) for elec. guys during the winter in those areas. I have seen carpet for jumps used outdorrs and does work pretty well. Sure is an easy fix for jumps that don't hold up otherwise.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Dave_x8, I'm pretty sure I know what your talking about outside the US. My wife is from EU and has family there. I've been there a few years ago, and you don't have the selection or choices to chose from, not like here where you can change your car or chose tracks to run here in the US at the last minute. I'm pretty sure thats why most people get the most out of wrenching the model they have and except or expect alot from what they buy. Its expensive and not much to chose from when it comes to trying alot of things when it comes down to living outside the US. How is the racing down-under? It seems Axe Rossi is popular down there. I've been sourcing parts from Aus & the UK, because its cheaper there then here in the US.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

really? thats strange, me and my friends found that we can get parts from usa cheaper must be the amerian dollar making things hard for americans to buy american
Old 04-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

No body stocks parts like cases or carbs, heads except the US distributor, if they have it. I needed some one off parts, and I found those items in Australia and the UK in stock and cheaper than getting if from the US distributor as no dealer had them in stock. Also, the front bearing for the Axe Rossi is rubber sealed, yet the US distributor sellss metal shielded on-road bearings for it. This is what I have to look forward to owning 3 of these engines, well now two. Sold one a week ago.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

oh ok, thats not good,
Old 04-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice video, too bad there aren't too many tracks by where you live. C'mon over to the US and we will show you around some of our tracks! Bring your cars and lets get them dirty.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

my truck always gets dirty, and every time i take it out, whether it be for 5 mins or 2 hrs, i strip it down to the bare chassis, and clean it thouroughly, i've only just found out that if i spray the plastic parts with CRC, they come up like brand new, and seriously they do!, i was surprised

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.