Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IS ALL OF THE KYOSHO DRIVERS LEAVING?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Outside of Iraq & Afghanistan more people in the 21st century have died in the US from terrorism than anywhere else in the world - the sooks who don't want to go to an "unsafe" country have got a better chance of dying in a car crash driving to their local track.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

I thought mindless babble only happened on the Grid! Yikes...I don't think there's any way to reply to this thread! :-/
Old 01-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Outside of Iraq & Afghanistan more people in the 21st century have died in the US from terrorism than anywhere else in the world - the sooks who don't want to go to an "unsafe" country have got a better chance of dying in a car crash driving to their local track.
Yea and if you take 9-11-2001 out of the equation, how do the statistics add up?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Yea and if you take 9-11-2001 out of the equation, how do the statistics add up?
I'm not sure on that one..Does Oklahoma count as Terrorism..
Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxkat
I'm not sure on that one..Does Oklahoma count as Terrorism..
If not mistaken, I think the OKC bombing was in the 20th century.

I also love how people forget about the size difference and population in their statistics as well. Trying to compare the USA to IRAQ is like comparing Rhode Island to Texas, no where even close to the same size and population. Where are the adjusted comparison that would show the numbers if every country had the same population or geographic size?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

So Kyosho drivers are leaving because the Worlds are in Indonesia and Terrorisim?
Tony, I haven't been to a pro race but have seen many detailed shots of their buggies and aside from prototyping something that comes out 6 months later I don't recall ever seeing something that i couldn't buy (engine mods aside). Do they really have a lot of stuff that's exotic?
I think one of the neat things about the hobby is that a racer can truly measure themselves against the best without wondering if they lost to the pro's equipment. BTW, I run a stock MBX-5 and I couldn't agree more with you about it.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Davidka I am only inferring to the post made by Capelracer.

I feel the reason the Kyosho Drivers are starting to look for other rides is because of the Kyosho America deal, till it gets off the ground, their funds are primarily devoted to establishing this network, not the racers.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Dave,

That's basically what I'm talking about, the proto-type stuff. Such as new shock springs with different rates, new tire compounds, etc. Some run stock motors while others will tell you they are stock. Many of them run "funny's" when it comes to the radio as well. I don't have any issues with them doing any of it as long as it makes the products I buy a few months later, better .
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

i see the connection between rc cars and terrorism. its osama's priority to blow up grown men racing car toys

really rc worlds, no one even knows its on! they have knitting competition that have higher profile than rc cars
Old 01-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XingXing
i see the connection between rc cars and terrorism. its osama's priority to blow up grown men racing car toys

really rc worlds, no one even knows its on! they have knitting competition that have higher profile than rc cars
Yeah I would think we are not to high on the "priority" list..Anyones..
Old 01-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tebo won't be with TTR, or Mugen, or X-ray, or HoBao, or Jammin, but with a company not related to R/C at all in the past

just a hunch i have
Old 01-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

accually, according to Neo, tebo has been seen driving an Xray.....but its not official yet.....
Old 01-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ovaltine factory racer?
Ginsu brand kitchen knives?
That's where we're headed, corperate sponsorship like NASCAR. I can see the headlines:

"Jeremy Kortz wins the world championships for the Gerber babyfood factory team!"
Old 01-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I remember reading many years ago that Masami had a Pioneer sponsorship. To what degree I don't know, but the corporate sponsorships have already been done at least once.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thats all it was, he was just driving it. from the rumors ive been hearing its already a done deal, but its still top secrete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.