HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

engine wise i have a novarossie nsr12 s3, great motor heaps power little pricy but great power and very easy to tune and get running right.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProE
I'm new to RC racing and just ordered my first racing car from RCmart. I did some research on different cars and decided to buy R40 2005 edition kit.

I need some assistance on the other parts that I need to purchase as well to get me up and running.

I thinking of buying the Futaba 2PL radio/receiver and s3010 servos. The Futaba NR5F Receiver NiCd Flat 6V 600mAh.

For the engine im thinking of going the O.S. .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port Turbo way.

I need to knpw what elso to buy. ex. what clutch, pipe. etc..
There are other companies such as OFNA that makes 1400mah NiMH rx pack that can mostly last the whole day playing. And the kit comes with centax clutch already. Pipe I would say Skyline VR12 or RDLogics Turbo III, high performance at affordable prices. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bummy
i would go for the lightweight 2 spped assembly and chassis. and for the battery get a bigger mah rating around 15 is good. i find, dont need to charge as often cheers.
I believe the 2005 kit comes with the lw tranny and chassis..
Old 12-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey AMGRacer you just got get back over to Brendale when the track opens again. We where down there for a working bee and the new surface is just AWESOME. So bring that rocket over to the north side of town, we'll have a blast like always man.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ProE
I'm new to RC racing and just ordered my first racing car from RCmart. I did some research on different cars and decided to buy R40 2005 edition kit.

I need some assistance on the other parts that I need to purchase as well to get me up and running.

I thinking of buying the Futaba 2PL radio/receiver and s3010 servos. The Futaba NR5F Receiver NiCd Flat 6V 600mAh.

For the engine im thinking of going the O.S. .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port Turbo way.

I need to knpw what elso to buy. ex. what clutch, pipe. etc..
that servo would work well for throttle but for steering your going to want something faster and with more torque..
if your trying to keep things on a budget you can go with the futaba s3305, it is slightly faster, plenty of torque and has metal gears for about $35.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by finchy
Hey AMGRacer you just got get back over to Brendale when the track opens again. We where down there for a working bee and the new surface is just AWESOME. So bring that rocket over to the north side of town, we'll have a blast like always man.
Dude I am ACHING for it to open, I cant wait to get out there again

I saw some pics and it looks brilliant!!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the response so far.

I have updated my wishlist to two futaba servos, a 3305 and 3010.
The battery has changed to HPI 5-Cell 6V 1200mAh Rx Stick Pack. (the bigest that I could get at towerhobbies).

What about the air filter. Is that included in the kit, or with engin or do I need to order that seperately. (Sorry for all these dump Questions, its my first kit, only had RTR before).
Old 12-30-2005, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

yes you will need a air filter, get a motor saver. i find they are the best.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)
Default 2004 vs Hara

I have the R40 2004 edition. What had been changed for the R40 2005 Hara edition? I know the tank is slightly different. Anything else?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Upper deck , lower chassis. Now the battery compartment is sealed on the lower chassis...just metal and you place the battery under the gas tank.

The RX box has also been removed and now has a CF plate over that and there is no TI kit now.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I personally enjoy running my original R40. Surely I couldve bout a Mugen MTX3 prospec for the price of what I payed, but the R40 I enjoyed running from box stock and it surprised me even more with every little upgrade I added to it. I don't want to be like everyone else running a Mugen or Serpent, or Kyosho. Besides I see some of the MTX4 owners already purchasing new stuff on the net because some of the stock items may not suit their liking. Time to lay down the assault on the other cars at the track and represent HPI. My friend ran his NTC3 FT which many novice people bash with rather than race on some forums. It's highly doubted because of its "durability", but in the right hands it's a capable car. My R40 is good to go for 06 racing. Last thing is spektrum, xtra car parts, and it's on.

P.S. Only mugen I do have is the MRX4.
On that note there is a guy at my local track who every single time without a doubt. TQ and 1st place in a TC3.....and we have people with mtx-3 and murnan modified motors....who cant even touch him.

Hpi challenge orlando , he built a stock r40 , nothing on it...won that too.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Upper deck , lower chassis. Now the battery compartment is sealed on the lower chassis...just metal and you place the battery under the gas tank.

The RX box has also been removed and now has a CF plate over that and there is no TI kit now.
Doesn't the steering servo go under the fuel tank? The battery goes where the reciever used to be, and the reciever goes where the steering sero used to be.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Well I think you can place the RX anywhere , since it doesnt have a designated box for it now. Some might use the old on the top of the chassis manuever.....I know im not too sure where I would run it. That one spot kinda scares me.

Different servo placement due to the upper deck, not sure if it goes under the tank? The battery from what I can tell from the Hara Gas tank I bought is it still goes somewhat under the tank.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It looks to me like the batteries (AAA-style) and the servo share the area under the front of the tank. The servo mounts opposite of how it is now...the linkage is the same, the arm is in the same place. It looks like you could stick the reciever on/under the little tray or stick it to the throttle servo.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Im suprised no one from here has the kit yet? I kinda find that funny that no one has it yet from this group of R40 owners....heck not even me and Ive had plenty of chances to buy the kit.

I probably wont ever buy it...unless its on ebay for half the cost. Then I might.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.