Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Probably not, he's not a believer in massive hopups either, like me. And plus, the money thing.... will need to run that pass the boss first, his wife... is also his pit person.

Dom
Come on Mike! Do it! It's only going to cost you a few bucks and you get to beat Dom! Really! It's going to be worth it. Just imagine the expression on Dom's face when you beat him! You may not be a believer now, but just wait until you cross the finish line!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dougday
RND, I am not sure what analysis you used to determine that the MTX4 is better than a RRR, I hope it had nothing to do with Mike Swaugers' car. If Mike was driving a HPI Nitro RS4 , he would have beaten everybody there.

Mike is by far the most outstanding RC Driver in the USA. He has clearly established that in my eyes. As a matter of fact, I feel that he is the best driver in the World right now (not sure what happened at the Worlds).

I saw him at the nationals in kissimmee, at the Winternats... every year that he has been there.

The rest of the sedan A-main were top drivers also, but not in Mike's class. Mike is in a class by himself....he went down to 14.3 s in the main...multiple times.....nobody else went below 14.6

He did it when he was under pressure....he did the same thing at the Winternats when he was under pressure running the top 12 consecutive fastest laps at the Fort. Mike does this at will. You would have to see him drive to understand. He is like a machine.

I am not sure that comparing the cars of top drivers can be a determining factor in which car is better, unless there are significant differences like what happened at the worlds in Brazil.

I am not a top driver, but i have been driving the RRR for a while (before the worlds) and I have also driven the MTX4 and worked with my friend in trying to get it to handle as well as the RRR. We have not been able to do so in the last 2 months. The RRR is a far better car than the MTX4 in my humble opinion.

The 720 is another matter. I was present at the testing of the proto types and the immediate performance was truly amazing. I have not driven one yet or spent anytime working with one so I cannot say where it would rank in my eyes. I can say that it is a far better car than the 710 and should get even stronger, as the Serpent-USA Team really does their homework. They spend a lot of time and energies trying to get everything right.

It is very difficult to say that one car is better than another without driving all of them yourself and it takes time to setup a car to your liking. They are all using the same engineering, have the same amount of adjustments.

Just drive the car that you feel most comfortable with and do your best.
well spoken douglass, you should drive what fits your driveing style
Old 06-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
In a lot of sports, there is always some discussion as to what is the best equipment. This applies to such sports as tennis, golf, running, sking, surfing, cycling, etc.

In Nitro Racing, people don't seem to want to discuss what is the best chassis. It's okay to discuss tires, fuel and engines, but chassis seem to be a taboo. It's almost as if everyone thinks that all cars are equally matched and that it's really the driver that determines the outcome of the race. If this were true, then there would be really no need to create an MTX-4 or 720. You would just expect the MTX-3 and 710 drivers to work harder to try and beat the RRR. But I bet you, that all the MTX-4 and 720 owners are happy that they have a new car to drive. You think any of them wish they had their old car once they drive the new car? I doubt it.

Anybody race an HPI or Associated car at the Nats? Do you think those owners think they could actually win a National championship with their car? I don't think so.

How many people do you think upgraded their car to the WCE spec when it came out? Isn't the WCE better than the standard RRR? Would any of you downgrade your cars to an out-of-the-box stanard RRR to prove a point that you could still win a race with it? I don't think so.

As Dom and I have previously discussed, the hop-ups do three things; (1) Improve the performance of the car, (2) Increase the tuneability and (3) Improve the chances of surviving the duration of the race. These cannot be bad things. They can only help you.
i think barry could still be competitive with the tc3 chassis were not close a year or two ago but now they are very close so its down to driver
Old 06-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to talking with them about the race, the track and how they did. Brian and Reynold are usually in the top 3 at our local club races.
rmdhawaii: I was Reynold's pit man for his main and he got two bump ups to go into the quarter finals. He did very well. Brian did well also. Those guys are super nice and I look forward to racing with you guys in Hawaii when I go there. Oh, btw, Brian told me to give you my body that I used for the nationals .
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roger
rmdhawaii: I was Reynold's pit man for his main and he got two bump ups to go into the quarter finals. He did very well. Brian did well also. Those guys are super nice and I look forward to racing with you guys in Hawaii when I go there. Oh, btw, Brian told me to give you my body that I used for the nationals .
And what body would that be? Not a "Type M" I hope.

I'm sticking to the Mazda 6. You got a photo? That might explain things a bit.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-21-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
I was Reynold's pit man...
Hey Roger...Thanks for supporting our guys. They are definitely a good example of our local hospitality. Hope you can make it down for one of our races. Or better yet, our championship next year when hopefully the Mugen guys will join us again.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default chassis

B 4 & AFTER NATS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
B 4 & AFTER NATS
Nice! Chicks dig scars!

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default HMM

its not to bad this car is great
Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Come on Mike! Do it! It's only going to cost you a few bucks and you get to beat Dom! Really! It's going to be worth it. Just imagine the expression on Dom's face when you beat him! You may not be a believer now, but just wait until you cross the finish line!
It's ok to dream sometimes though. He's been doing gas racing for over 15 years, so I doubt he'll start to believe hopups will make him faster.

When we debrief after a race, we don't talk about what options on who's car that made which one of us faster, we always talk about our setup and drive lines that made whoever is faster.

On a side note, there was a guy about 5 years back that had an RS4 packed with GPM blings, said could beat my stock Impulse because of all the parts.... needless to say he didn't make it pass the first qualfier, broke. Guy hardly say a word to me anymore when I see him at the shop.

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

packed with GPM blings...
But you know this stuff ain't bling. I don't know why you insist on calling it that.

This has been fun! Make sure you're saving up for next year's Nats.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
B 4 & AFTER NATS
Actually, I think you came out rather unscathed. I hear the track was really bumpy. What ride height did you use??
Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

But you know this stuff ain't bling. I don't know why you insist on calling it that.

This has been fun! Make sure you're saving up for next year's Nats.
Oh yeah, this guy had it going on. Had everything matching purple.... he wouldn't buy other "brand" hopups because the purple anodizing was different.

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, this guy had it going on. Had everything matching purple.... he wouldn't buy other "brand" hopups because the purple anodizing was different.

Dom
OMG!

Are you sure it wasn't a concourse challenge??
Old 06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, back then foam wasn't popular so we ran rubber tires.... so he showed up with HPI radial rubbers mounted on chrome aluminum wheels!!!

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.