Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fai :

Originally posted by davioh
do they still sell RR's and how do they compare to the mirage (i hav a mirage blue dot and i was wondering the differnece)
Sorry don't have a Mirage 23T to compare....but I don't believe there is actually not that much of a "massive" difference between stock motors...not like handwound modifieds.....
Old 05-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
"Glass car" and the SD is just a copy of the TB in SSG graphite!! MR4 was also a glass car with a crazy power hungry drive train...... they stopped making "good" cars after the YR4 type J!!
agreeded with the copy! the pro4 will be a TB surikarn replica as well, and unlike the SD the servo position is the same as the TB. another note is that the pro4's screw positions are almost the exact same as the TB on the lower chassis, you might even be able to put the pro4 chassis on the TB
Old 05-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fai :

Originally posted by dtm
Sorry don't have a Mirage 23T to compare....but I don't believe there is actually not that much of a "massive" difference between stock motors...not like handwound modifieds.....
well the thing is that my friend has a type r and my mirage seems to be going faster than his car...or it might be our car difference (TB compared to 04SS)
Old 05-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

agreeded with the copy! the pro4 will be a TB surikarn replica as well, and unlike the SD the servo position is the same as the TB. another note is that the pro4's screw positions are almost the exact same as the TB on the lower chassis, you might even be able to put the pro4 chassis on the TB
there are always quality issue with HPI cars especially on plastic molding parts

Tamiya parts are on par or even better then HPI now.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:23 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fai :

well the thing is that my friend has a type r and my mirage seems to be going faster than his car...or it might be our car difference (TB compared to 04SS)
The Type R and RR are 2 very different animals....if your friend has not been truing his com (and its a pain on the R)...then the motor is usually toast after about 10-15 packs. Especially if you are running 5.x ratios.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:26 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
there are always quality issue with HPI cars especially on plastic molding parts

Tamiya parts are on par or even better then HPI now.
HPI!!! haha......thats even worst than a Tamiya TB-01....any company who creates a graphite prototype using some one elses parts (TC3) will not get my money......thats why I have a VoneRR and not Trinity Reflex...........

Tamiya has come a long way since the days of the TA03...althougn I wish they would change their "soft" ball ends...
Old 05-16-2003, 10:15 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
"Glass car" and the SD is just a copy of the TB in SSG graphite!! MR4 was also a glass car with a crazy power hungry drive train...... they stopped making "good" cars after the YR4 type J!!
DTM: That's why there's a turnbuckle that connects the upper chasis and the rear bulk head in order to loose up the belt!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

gonna be racing in 23T stock in EGR tommorow. one way or diff? i read something that said high grip tracks should use one way because u don't need 4 wheel brake to stop the car...i guess i'll do that.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:54 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

gonna be racing in 23T stock in EGR tommorow. one way or diff? i read something that said high grip tracks should use one way because u don't need 4 wheel brake to stop the car...i guess i'll do that.
Davioh: One-way is the way to go! This makes the car gains more steering and this can save up some battery! Good luck man!

Also, where can I find some pics of Pro4?? I just can find a poster from a Japanese website!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:12 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Davioh: Oops... I finally see those CAD drawings from the other thread...
Old 05-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fai
Davioh: One-way is the way to go! This makes the car gains more steering and this can save up some battery! Good luck man!

Also, where can I find some pics of Pro4?? I just can find a poster from a Japanese website!
thanks! haha one way all the way! hehehehehe i hope my mirage can still hold up...i've had about 12 packs with it.
should i use my stratus 2.0 or Tamiya NSX

my friend was telling me about this RC show on TVB jade that's on at 3.20 sat...gonna watch it soon. haha he said the guy dropped a savage and it was alright.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:08 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
Davioh: Oops... I finally see those CAD drawings from the other thread...
You're not going to go down that "scary" road of HPI ownership again are you Fai?????
Old 05-17-2003, 12:10 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

.........should i use my stratus 2.0 or Tamiya NSX
The NSX is famous for staying on its roof if you flip the car.....I know about that well.....
Old 05-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

so stratus im guessing...anyways i don't wanna strach my precious NSX saving it for the tamiya race to scratch
Old 05-17-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

my car is 1.3kg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.