New Face for 1/12th scale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Face for 1/12th scale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Plus, with the problems body MFG's are having with licensing these days, would you want to pay $28+ per 1/12 scale body?

I do like the current styling of bodies, but agree that it would be interesting to see some form of different body styling on the 1/12 scales. however, I do not think there's enough room for two different classes. 1/12 is on a come back right now, wouldn't want it side tracked at the moment.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the things I like about 1/12th scale are the sports prototype bodies. Reminds me of the good ole days. Without these bodies, it just wouldn't be 12th scale anymore to me. If you want to slow the cars down.. run a stock motor. If you want them slower than that for some reason.. run a silver can....
Old 04-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Hmmm.. perhaps this idea is a strike out?

Seemed dialed at the time...

KB
Hey KB

It was worth asking
Is Zahn still runnin?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1/12th scale is the grand daddy of electric r/c racing... everyone knows that. 1/12th should continue to be the fastest car on the track. It should continue the tradition of CanAm/Group C/GTP type bodies. If it's realism you want then make your body like a real car.Who knows, maybe you'll be a trendsetter. I made a Group C "Joest Newman Porsche 962" using the old Sauber body from Andy's. It looks cool and fits in with the rest of the 1/12ths out there. I like realism but that's just me. I'll bring a realistic looking car for whatever class. Forget the "I'm on acid" colors, or "I need my own look / pro-racer ", and tattoo schemes of today. I don't like the slot-car / tunnel hull cockpits either with the new bodies but they are winning a majority of the races. So I'm not sure any new styles will be to our exact liking.

As for slowing down the cars.... Get a couple of guys to join you running a slower motor with green dots only. 1/12th puts a premium on driver and car. I don't want to see that change ever.

As far as shrinking numbers? Not here where I live. I was thrilled to see for the first time in Utah 17 cars show up to a carpet event this last winter. I'm positive that asphalt will have the same if not more for the summer. I hope 1/12th never dies.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Din Viesel
Hey KB

It was worth asking
Is Zahn still runnin?

Haha.. i guess not..

Zahn... he is! but this is where i throw him a huge eye roll== MICROS... Iv been trying to coax him into getting a TC for the better part of this season.. wastign my breath there too!

KB
Old 04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing 1/12th for probably more years that you or old.We've gone thru racing them the shoe box Nascar bodies- Gt bodies with big wings,Can-Am and GTP bodies. We even mandated the bodies at one time in the Florida series(Can-am and GT). Our lowest turn outs and biggest complaints was with the GT bodies.They were dropped and years later were still racing with
gtp bodies and the class is coming back. Now I'm waiting for my new car - a Corally 12X as I just sold my Corally 1/12th yesterday. With 1/12th today now racing 4 cells has helped get the class going again. Learning throttle control has always been a plus for this class.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I'd like to keep the GTP style bodies. My philosophy is if you can drive a 12th scale good, you can drive anything good.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slcf1
As far as shrinking numbers? Not here where I live. I was thrilled to see for the first time in Utah 17 cars show up to a carpet event this last winter. I'm positive that asphalt will have the same if not more for the summer. I hope 1/12th never dies.
Where is there 12th scale racing in Utah? Anything this month or next month?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd like to see more body choices, no matter if they are GTP/ALMS/DP inpired, true sports cars (vette/viper/CTSV supercar, etc), or sedans. Everything out right now seems to be more slot car thingie/door stop styled......

And my complaint about the current bodies is that it's fairly tough to get everything underneath without rubbing. Mainly the wiring and battery connectors (corrally style bullets)......Just need another 1/8" or so......
Old 04-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

I knew i wasnt the only one..
Old 04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

While I do not want any body change to negatively effect handling, more realism would be nice. The current LeMan cars are quite attractive and immediately noticable by 1:1 motorsport enthusiasts (ei: our most likely demographic of newbie).
Old 04-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I knew i wasnt the only one..
Yeah, there's more than one weirdo on here J/K
Old 04-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1/12 is the Formula 1 one of RC. Not everyone can drive it or it's not for everyone. Formula 1 Race Cars or even the LeMan's Cars do not even sow realism compared to a real car.

I tried it, and was amazed by how it runs. but 1/12 mod is just too fast for me, and there were no stock clases.

Eventually, the carpet track closed and 1/12th died down.

But, i would love to try it again, with a PASSION!

Peace and Happy Racing
Old 04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bring back the TOJ
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=BullFrog]I've been racing 1/12th for probably more years that you or old.We've gone thru racing them the shoe box Nascar bodies- Gt bodies with big wings,Can-Am and GTP bodies. We even mandated the bodies at one time in the Florida series(Can-am and GT). Our lowest turn outs and biggest complaints was with the GT bodies.They were dropped and years later were still racing with
gtp bodies and the class is coming back. Now I'm waiting for my new car - a Corally 12X as I just sold my Corally 1/12th yesterday. With 1/12th today now racing 4 cells has helped get the class going again. Learning throttle control has always been a plus for this class.[/QUOTE

Bill those indy cars were ugly! I remember running the greenwood vette, and the lieger massarati!. Oh! we even ran sprint car bodies on them . Bolink use to make them. And as far as the best body back then the TOJ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.