Wiki Posts
Search

Cant decide - TT01 or TB03

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys
Will be ordering a TB03
I'm thinking I might just upgrade the motor straight away as it doesn't come with an ESC anyways
Thinking of going brushless, any recommendations on motors?
Nothing crazy I just want it to be a nice powered drifter, not looking for top speed, want it to be controllable
Also I have a heap of 3S LiPo packs, 1800mah - 2200mah wondering if these can be used on the car?
Everything I've read, people always say 2S is enough but I don't want to have to buy a heap of 2S packs when I have so many 3S
Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xplane
Thanks guys
Will be ordering a TB03
I'm thinking I might just upgrade the motor straight away as it doesn't come with an ESC anyways
Thinking of going brushless, any recommendations on motors?
Nothing crazy I just want it to be a nice powered drifter, not looking for top speed, want it to be controllable
Also I have a heap of 3S LiPo packs, 1800mah - 2200mah wondering if these can be used on the car?
Everything I've read, people always say 2S is enough but I don't want to have to buy a heap of 2S packs when I have so many 3S
Thanks
Check out speedtechrc.com for ordering the kit, they have great prices..and a decent esc/motor combo that will get you started in brushless is the Speed Passion Cirtix combo which runs only $90 for both. If you have more money to spend then feel free to look into other brands, but for the price the Cirtix combo is pretty nice.

And for some deals on lipos visit hobbypartz.com and check out the Gens Ace lipos. You can find a 5000mah 40C 2S for $35 and you can score a nice lipo charger for under $50 (check out the Thunder chargers).

And excuse my comment about the TT01 being junk, from someone who started on a TT01 and has built every car up to the Xray/TRF cars, you really notice how lacking the TT01 is, especially when it is the same price as a TB03!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Hahah thanks
I have a charger already, charges all types of batteries up to 6S
$90 is good but I think more than I want to spend, I might look on hobbyking as they seem cheaper and have a wide range of car ESC and motors probably cost me about $50 + postage
Just checked pricing, brand new NSX shelled TB03 $167.00 delivered to me here in Australia
I think thats in USD as well so I will get a better conversion when paying in AUSD
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry for all the posts, on the other hand would it be worth buying a standard ESC TEU-101BK and buying some 2S packs and starting with that?
Are the standard 540 brushed motors fairly reliable and powerful enough?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xplane
Sorry for all the posts, on the other hand would it be worth buying a standard ESC TEU-101BK and buying some 2S packs and starting with that?
Are the standard 540 brushed motors fairly reliable and powerful enough?
Depends on how much you are going to pay for the esc and the motors that can be used with it, from memory it'll basically only handle the basic 540 brushed motors.
The standard brushed motor will do fine to let you get used to the car, but if you want something with a bit more power and brushed you'd be better at looking at a esc that can handle more powerful brushed motors.
For batteries if you just want some cheap 2s lipo's to practice and drift check out www.hobbyking.com where you can get a 4000mah 2s lipo for around $30 Aus.

Cheers
Rob.