Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Novak steps up to the plate....again !! You offered before and I appreciated it then. I'm sure Rob will take full advantage of the offer too. You folks rock !!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by woodys3b
In the classes we are talking about, I'd say the tub cars are good enough. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are just as good. That being said, the other day, I swapped cars with the guy to beat in Trans Am at our track. He had a 21.5 in his car and wanted to see what a 25.5 felt like. His car is an Xray and he is a very talented driver and an expert chassis guy. We were both shocked at how similar our cars were. I'm pretty sure that if we would have raced with each others cars, the outcome would have been the same.

Once again, it all comes down to the guy holding the radio.
SORRY!! I MEAN THEY ARE EQUAL...& I AGREE ABOUT THE GUY HOLDING THE RADIO...SO TRUE!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let's race......
Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

One question guys. How many REAL GT CLASSES RUN TREADED TIRES IN CONDITIONS OTHER THEN RAIN?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

BJN....really?.....come on Brad...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Well answer the question myron. if you can?????
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

How many REAL GT race cars use belt driven 4wd drivetrains, Lexan bodies, dish wheels or electric motors and batteries out of a power drill?

It's RCGT. It's scale racing, and with that comes concessions for the better of scale racing. There are things done to make them appear more real (driver figures, spoked wheels, racing liveries, etc.), and things done to force racers to not use items that are made specifically for racing, like treaded tires instead of pre-mounted race slicks.

It's old school scale R/C racing. Deal with it and quit complaining.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

how are treaded tires better F1 tried that and are now back to slicks. dtm bttc are using carbon bodies so we should now do that because they dont use lexan is that what you want go ahead and take out you front drive belt or shaft so it will be more like you just said. i rember being old school and running real TC bodies like the bmw m3, clk gtr, infinty g35 and, the dodge stratus. I like the class idea just dont like the idea of running treaded tires

History lesson the reason of modern tc racing is this class

Class 1 Touring Cars was a motor racing category for modified production based sedans. The class was introduced by the FIA in 1993 along with Class 2 Touring Cars, the latter officially becoming known as Super Touring cars from 1995. Class 1 permitted more liberal modifications to the vehicles than those allowed for Class 2 cars.

Class 1 regulations restricted engines to a maximum of six cylinders, 2.5 litres capacity and four valves per cylinder. The basic unit had to be derived from a production engine made in quantity by the same manufacturer as the car, although it did not have to be from the same model as that being raced and could be extensively modified. All wheel drive, traction control, anti lock brakes and electronically controlled differentials were permitted. Aerodynamic aids were free below the wheel centreline and, from 1995, suspension systems could be purpose built rather than production based.

Class 1 Touring Cars contested the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft series from 1993 to 1995, the International Touring Car Series in 1995 and for the International Touring Car Championship in 1996.

Only three manufacturers, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz and Opel, competed in Class 1 during the short history of the category and the withdrawal of Alfa Romeo and Opel from the International Touring Car Championship at the end of 1996 effectively spelt the end of the class
Old 03-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

First, this class is replicating GT cars, not touring cars. Only recently Speed World Challenge cars started using slicks because of a change in sponsorhip of the series from Toyo to Pirelli. There are still a few of the GT-style racing series using DOT competition tires. This is a silly argument.

Second, why would you want to be in a class that you didn't like the rules, and why would you attempt to try to change the rules of a class just to suit your whims? Still, in 2011, this is the single biggest problem with RC car racing in this country—people who can't conform to a class structure, but feel the need to change and alter things on a local level so that they are happy.

So you feel this is a touchy enough subject that you have a never-used screen name just to blather on about slicks and the history of touring cars, and you can't use your real name to express an opinion. Is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

HPI created this class based on their treaded spec tires, realistic bodies, slower speeds and a whole different atmosphere from what has become the norm in R/C road racing. It's a good, solid concept—just like VTA—and it works for a lot more people than the few who get disgruntled by "non racing parts" like treaded tires.

The number of people flocking to these classes over the last few years tells me that those racers who continue to push for gummy slicks, dish wheels, ambiguous bodies, open electronics and faster speeds are the people becoming the minority in racing today.

And that's a great thing in my book.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The real world response is actually pretty simple. There are very few slick tires available to GT drivers that meet all the needs. IE: If you want to use REALISTIC wheels. have you looked for 24mm realistic wheels lately ?? Almost non existant. The flipside is that there are alot of 26mm realistic wheels but NOT alot of 26mm slick tires available. The other aspect is related to the business. HPI, like many companies, are looking for ways to defray costs. Licensed products are one way to do that. When Falken shows interest, you pursue it. Guess what....Falken doesn't make slicks.
Bottom line is that there ARE legitimate reasons why slicks aren't used. As someone who also advocated using slicks I can offer my practiced opinion and also say that when I finally DID get them....they sucked on our un-prepared concrete track and I imagine they'd suck on our now asphalt parking lot track. They may be great for nice, smooth, prepared asphalt with traction compound and I'm sure they'd work on carpet BUT for good old natural parking lot tracks....I'll take the X Pattern Pro any day.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squarehead
Second, why would you want to be in a class that you didn't like the rules, and why would you attempt to try to change the rules of a class just to suit your whims?

Still, in 2011, this is the single biggest problem with RC car racing in this country—people who refuse to conform to a class structure, but feel the need to change and alter things on a local level so that they are happy.

Fixed it for ya! Oh, and +1.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjn24
One question guys. How many REAL GT CLASSES RUN TREADED TIRES IN CONDITIONS OTHER THEN RAIN?
This class is based on the ashes of RCGT, which was Hpi X patterns as the only tire. It worked well until the advent of 17.5/boost, which was too much for the tires (and a lot of racers).

Treaded tires were previously part of the class' predecessor, so it's here to stay
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

well...hummm thats seems to sum it up...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

then use a different term radial tires are belted. aslo gt stands for grand touring so therefore it is a touring car class
Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
This class is based on the ashes of RCGT, which was Hpi X patterns as the only tire. It worked well until the advent of 17.5/boost, which was too much for the tires (and a lot of racers).

Treaded tires were previously part of the class' predecessor, so it's here to stay
Did HPI not udate their website to say that boost was allowed with the 17.5 motors?? Isn't this where we are getting the rules from for the RCGT class?

Love the idea of trying out different treaded tires as USGT would allow but do not want to go out & purchase a 21.5 motor for it. If non boosted 17.5 is to fast for a beginer then what were people starting out with in the 27 turn brushed motor as stock days?? Since the non boosted 17.5's are supposed to be the equivalent of 27 turns how is that all of a sudden to fast for people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.