Community
Wiki Posts
Search

maifield grp and the nats told ya so

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by captain america
Since you seem intent on criticizing, why don't you enlighten us all on "how things work in the real world or in any form of autosports."
Go to a NASCAR race, or any other form of major motorsports, and ask around the pits and get someone to show you even one actual Dodge, or Ford, or Chevy product on a Cup car.

But the simple truth is that if they find something better that differs from the stickers on the side of the body a real racer will slap it on a car so fast it'll make your head spin. It's the nature of competitive racing ~ always has been, always will be.

I wasn't the one criticizing though, I think it was the rest of you. I was just trying to show you the error in your way of thinking. Which, by the way, there isn't a court in the U.S. or Canada that would support your supposition or even waste their time listening to your case.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
man where is dawn at she was the one who said she just talked to mayfeild an he wasnt running a os

I just called Ryan and he laughed.. yea right.. he's not going to run product as per his contract at a national event.... LOL

And, newb Rick.... c'mon.. get it right...
[email protected]

way to go roar now u really look like a HORSES AZZ

i lost all my faith in roar after dawn took over an now everyone can see why

sure would love to see her explanation now :h a:
I was going to stay out of this, but before Dawn took over, did you ever see anyone on the forums from ROAR?
Dawn is making ROAR "accessible". Dawn is on all the forums and is always willing to listen and help the racers more than any other ROAR official I have ever seen.
Dawn has the racers best interests in mind with all of the decisions she is making.
She just relayed what Maifield had told her to her face, so if you want to go on a witch hunt, go to the source....Maifield.
And on that note, Maifield is on of the most accessible and helpful pros you will find today.
The reason why this is being blown so far out of proportion is that people in this sport, don't understand how competitive racing goes. This type of thing happens in all forms of motorsports everyday and nobody makes a big deal about it.
I find it very funny how everybody follows what the pros run and tries to copy their complete setups to a "T".
It will be really funny to see how many people drop their GRP engines and buy the exact same engines Maifield decides to run.

Colin
Old 07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Legend

The guy (Time Wrap) has the right to vindicate himself ....

Way da go dude , let them eat their crow pie...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

But the simple truth is that if they find something better that differs from the stickers on the side of the body a real racer will slap it on a car so fast it'll make your head spin. It's the nature of competitive racing ~ always has been, always will be.

Rather, I think that it is you who do not understand that racing at that level is a business more than a sport, and business is ruled by the law of contract. Contract is king.

If, for example, you have a contract with Honda to only drive a car with Honda badging and a Honda-made engine, but the Chevy engines are faster, so you go and bolt a Chevy engine into your car and win, I'll be able to count the seconds until the Honda legal sharks wipe the grin right off your smug face. That, you see, is the way things *REALLY* work in the "real" world.

Either way, it changes nothing for me, since I have a Novarossi in my buggy, and probably will for the forseeable future
Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I highly doubt GRP engines are to blame versus Maifiled not getting the same engine support as the Losi guys. Truhe/Drake etc have not had engines issues...as they are most likely getting tuning assistance from GRP themselves. Those guys are winning while Maifield is chasing issues. IMHO GRP/Losi are okay with Maifield leaving as he's not a Losi driver. Just business politics and optics. That's my .02.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
Right but everyone knew it was a K truck and that is what was on the listing for chassis. He wasn't trying to hide that at all. I understand why Maifield said it was a GRP but I don't like that things have to be that way. Maifield ran the OS because he felt it would give him a better shot at winning. Just because someone isn't a national level driver it is still nice to know what's happening. If he is having trouble with the GRP motors then so could the average joe.

Personally I run OS and am very happy.
Actually, no. I have the RCX magazine that had it listed as a AE truck.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hmm without knowing exactly why the engines were liked, disliked, or the stipulations of the contract i would have to say it is noones business but GRP and Maifield..if they all agree to it so be it..there are alot of reasons why this could happen and tell you the truth why does it matter? ROAR is not nascar, rc cars are not like nascar..yes there are some pro drivers but lets face it a top teir nascar team has more money pumping through it than most rc car companies do as a whole and in a sport that is largely still considered a hobby i myself think drama like this is un called for......
Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Actually, no. I have the RCX magazine that had it listed as a AE truck.
Really??!! I thought everyone knew it was a K truck. It was listed on Neo-Buggy and other places as a K truck. That's more of an RCX screw up than anything else.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Rather, I think that it is you who do not understand that racing at that level is a business more than a sport, and business is ruled by the law of contract. Contract is king.

If, for example, you have a contract with Honda to only drive a car with Honda badging and a Honda-made engine, but the Chevy engines are faster, so you go and bolt a Chevy engine into your car and win, I'll be able to count the seconds until the Honda legal sharks wipe the grin right off your smug face. That, you see, is the way things *REALLY* work in the "real" world.
Before you start quoting contract law like it's scripture, I'd suggest you have a copy of maifield's contract in hand. Otherwise you're merely speculating.
In the "real world" most competition contracts have some sort of "better mouse trap allowance" written into them, especially in RCing where a "tire of the week" makes such a huge performance difference at certain tracks.

Then again if you were an actual racer or a lawyer you'd know that.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
Before you start quoting contract law like it's scripture, I'd suggest you have a copy of maifield's contract in hand. Otherwise you're merely speculating.
In the "real world" most competition contracts have some sort of "better mouse trap allowance" written into them, especially in RCing where a "tire of the week" makes such a huge performance difference at certain tracks.

Then again if you were an actual racer or a lawyer you'd know that.

I was providing a hypothetical example. To the best of my knowledge, no one here has a copy of said contract, so as far as I'm concerned, we're all engaging in idle speculation. That's what forums are all about.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Why do we care so much? The motors work great for some of us, and others, well I dunno.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Legend

Default They should pay um

If anything Os motors owns Mayfield big time !!!

I now know which motor performs best ....

so

I`m getting a Os next time ....

Thanks big guy !!!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

These pros are paid from the sponsors to race, and to win, I have seen pros race, non-sponsored parts, at times, to win! even if it is a conflict of interest. It's about winning. When or if they racing with tires from there sponsors that are not working and another tire is working from, thats what will be used to win. As for Maifield, you will not see many pro's as loyal as he has been to AE.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys i've been at big races where drivers that are spncerd by say proline but they ran a panther tire to give them an edge to win and ive seen panther drivers use a proline tire to help give the edge, when the race is over the pit guy slaps whatever tire the driver is sponcerd by for a photo. sorry this happens all the time in rc. ryan just did what he had to do. i have heard a few complaints about grp mills wearing out quik but thats just rumers.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roscoe71
guys i've been at big races where drivers that are spncerd by say proline but they ran a panther tire to give them an edge to win and ive seen panther drivers use a proline tire to help give the edge, when the race is over the pit guy slaps whatever tire the driver is sponcerd by for a photo. sorry this happens all the time in rc. ryan just did what he had to do. i have heard a few complaints about grp mills wearing out quik but thats just rumers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.