RDLogics Mongoose

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

does anyone tell me how to work out overall gear ratios for the car(including tire diameter)
Old 09-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

can someone tell me how to work out overall gear ratios for the car(including tire diameter)
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

menace you have PM

g4racer I know a few guys have rollout calculators PM RC alan I think he has one he was offering up.

does anybody know if the 18t pinion will fit the ufo clutch bell!

yes.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=65103
Old 09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Clutch Dilema

I would like to get the new UFO clutch that RD offers, but funds don't permit at the moment.
With the stock push type clutch which comes with the 'E' type.
Which clutch spring would you guys advise to use as the stock one still engages too soon.
I've tried tightening it down. But I'm afraid if I tighten it down any more, it'll be locked-up!

I noticed a number of different ones on the site now and even some using, is it the Mugan 'Super hard' clutch spring?
Just wondered which one would be best to use.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

i have been reading quite a bit on these forums about the g4 and i see that as soon as they saw the rrr win the worlds and now with the soon to be released mtx-4, many people just gave up on the g4.If you buy a car you have to stick with it and iron out the faults otherwise you will never get anywhere.anyway in my opinion i think there is not much difference in the handling of the rrr,g4,mtx3,710 etc.........
they are all top cars!!!!!

I have had my g4 for almost a year now and i am very happy with it.i am always consistantly up in the top 3 and i race against mainly other g4's and rrr's and mtx-3's.now im not bragging im just trying to prove a point that the g4 is just as good as any other car out there
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
I would like to get the new UFO clutch that RD offers, but funds don't permit at the moment.
With the stock push type clutch which comes with the 'E' type.
Which clutch spring would you guys advise to use as the stock one still engages too soon.
I've tried tightening it down. But I'm afraid if I tighten it down any more, it'll be locked-up!

I noticed a number of different ones on the site now and even some using, is it the Mugan 'Super hard' clutch spring?
Just wondered which one would be best to use.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Try Fluorescent Yellow spring from K-Factory. I will give you more consistent better feeling in power transfer.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:17 PM

I would say orange clutch spring is the one you should use, I am using the yellow one & I think it is a little on the stiff side, We will see soon if that is the right one since the car is not 100% broken-in yet. ( spring adjustment: 1 more trun in, make it flush).
(omg, I am bad, did correct my colors.)

Last edited by xrcbuggy; 09-19-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g4raycer
i have been reading quite a bit on these forums about the g4 and i see that as soon as they saw the rrr win the worlds and now with the soon to be released mtx-4, many people just gave up on the g4.If you buy a car you have to stick with it and iron out the faults otherwise you will never get anywhere.anyway in my opinion i think there is not much difference in the handling of the rrr,g4,mtx3,710 etc.........
they are all top cars!!!!!

I have had my g4 for almost a year now and i am very happy with it.i am always consistantly up in the top 3 and i race against mainly other g4's and rrr's and mtx-3's.now im not bragging im just trying to prove a point that the g4 is just as good as any other car out there
Try using 20T pulley at the rear instead of 19T. It will give you more speed at the straightline. Can match the 710.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default clutch......

Thanks Piyo Piyo for the advise.

Hey....do you know of any good race days comming up around the Midwest area?
I'm actually from England and not too used to the area yet...
I don't mind travelling to nearby states. I'm on the Iowa/Illinois boarder.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

British menace check this site www.midwestseries.com and go to the events page. there is one race left this season in cincinatti and if you click the toledo club and go to their site you will find two more club races there this year,. after that the season's done.

guys the yellow spring is harder than the orange one. use the orange one with the brass weights in the flyweights. if you don't use the weights you can drop down to the blue.

PS congrats to Howard Cho and Ray Jule for qualifying 1 and 2 at this weekends midwest series race in toledo running mongoose's. Howard is a RD dealer in canada. PS Howard won too!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Motorman..................Whats up with the RD Logics universals? I broke 4 of them Sun. in my MTX3
Paul Rush.........................
Old 09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

I can tell you that if the servo saver on the MTX is to soft it will break the universals every time. If you hit somthing the knuckles can travel beyond the universals ability to travel and they snap. It will even happen if using mugen axles. Tiighten the servo saver up some more. when I ran MTX that solved the problem. the servo saver needs to be cranked up at least 1/4 inch from the bottom thread.

Toffelmire its all done
Old 09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
I can tell you that if the servo saver on the MTX is to soft it will break the universals every time. If you hit somthing the knuckles can travel beyond the universals ability to travel and they snap. It will even happen if using mugen axles. Tiighten the servo saver up some more. when I ran MTX that solved the problem. the servo saver needs to be cranked up at least 1/4 inch from the bottom thread.

Toffelmire its all done
I`LL try it, thanks.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Thanks Piyo Piyo for the advise.

Hey....do you know of any good race days comming up around the Midwest area?
I'm actually from England and not too used to the area yet...
I don't mind travelling to nearby states. I'm on the Iowa/Illinois boarder.

Thanks.
British Menace, sorry I can't give you any info. I'm from South East Asia .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.