Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks around NYC or Westchester

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tracks around NYC or Westchester

I live in Bronx,NY. Where does everyone go that lives around here?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

are you looking for onroad or offroad. i think bruckner hobbies is in the bronx and it may have an onroad track. other then that only out east. long island raceway (www.raceway.com) is located in farmingdale. it has an offroad track indoors.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was looking to do some onroading. I never knew there was a track at bruckner hobbies.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

yeah i checked rc caraction and they have an indoor onroad track. so i hope that helped.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Both Willis Hobbies in Mineola and South Shore Hobbies in Coram have on road tracks. Willis hosts an outdoor nitro series at Nassau College during the summer.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

from what i was told (a guy that races with me at li raceway) had said willis no longer runs at ncc. but they have a carpet track downstairs in there building.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

vtl1180ny
do you only race onroad? i though south shore was going to have an offroad track.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

I wasn't able to race the outdoor nitro at NCC this year, but I did get a chance to go watch. Up until this year I was all but retired from racing RC's at all, I was paying more mind (and money) to my sportikes. Due to 4 herniated disks, I need a little less physical stress so I'm back to RC's after about 8 years of just being a backyard basher. The tracks I raced at are long gone, there used to be so many more. As for what I'm racing... Still a little undecided... I've got my RC10T set up for stock and mt T4 for modified. But I'm really leaning more towards on-road this year. I have a Yokomo MR-4TC SD SSG which will be my indoor car and a Nitro 4-tec which I hope to race next summer outdoors. I've never raced off road at South Shore, I know they have a track but I hear it's tiny. I'll probably end up racing on road at Willis with maybe a few trips to South Shore if I feel like driving to Coram.

Does anyone know of any other tracks on LI???
Old 09-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

if your looking to run offroad go to li raceway. there site is www.raceway.com. excellent track pretty big i guess havent seen to many to really say. but a difficult track to. that is where i for now just practice until i am good enough to race competitively. willis has the indoor carpet track. and li raceway may set up an out door onroad track but i dont want to spread anything when i dont know thef facts. other then that we have nothing else out here. kind of sucks. all the good tracks are in florida and surrounding states, cali and texas.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

you mentioned a mt t4. is it the associated t4 or an hpi mt rs4. as for the rc10t it is way out dated you wont really be able to race that and stand any chance. i was running my lxt and handles great but doesnt steer like the new trucks.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

It's an RC10T4... My RC10T is by no means origional, except for the shock bodies. The aluminum tub was ditched 10 years ago. It has a full RPM chassis/suspension, RPM 2.60 stealth tranny and all titanium parts... I was out at LI Raceway the other day after work running both trucks, honestly I was having less problems with the 10T than with the 10T4... I've already snapped a rear hub and ball ends on the T4... The 10T is my "old faithful..." I've had 12 years to get the 10T set up to my liking and only a few months to set up the 10T4....
Old 09-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

I JUST BOUGHT THE B4 LAST WEEK BUT I HAVE ALL LOSI CARS. I HAVE TO SAY THE NEW B4 IS NOT THAT GREAT. AND I FEEL AND SEE THAT MY XXXT CAN HANDLE JUST AS GOOD ( IF NOT BETTER WITH A MORE EXPERIENCED DRIVER) AS THE T4.

WHICH DAY WERE YOU OUT THERE. I USUALLY GO SAT 12-6 FOR PRACTICE. I DID NOTICE YOU ARE FROM PLAINVIEW. NICE TO FINALLY SEE A NEIGHBOR. I LIVE IN HICKSVILLE. NOT TO MANY PEOPLE FROM LONG ISLAND ON HERE.

SO DOES YOUR 10T LOOK SIMILIAR TO THE T3 OR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF IT.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Cool... Nice and close... There was another guy I've been BSing with on the other forum who's in Levittown... I was there on wednesday, I hung out till around 8 PM when myself and another guy were told it was time to go... I'm on vacation till the 18th, only bad part is when I go back to work I'm working 2 PM to 10:30 PM so I won't be making any Friday night races. I think if I have to chose between On road or Off road on Sunday's, on road's winning... I'm waiting on my approval or disapproval for my disability retirement from work, if I get it anytime will be a good time... I may see if anyone will let me work for track time since I really won't be able to work... I'll be around all week, I have my 4 year old with me also... We'll be hitting at least farmingdale this week, maybe south shore also... I don't have an on road car that I'll let him use and he gets all upset if he doesn't get to play also... I do have an old bolink pan chassis I used for drag racing, I may just set that up for him to use on road till christmas when I'm getting him a TC3...

My 10T has a very narrow chassis, everything is mounted on top of a plate that holds the battery in. It's a nylon composite material which has served me very well...

As for locals, I think it's just us...
Old 09-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

So, Travis doesn't do so bad... He's actually better than that kid Evan, who's also double his age... I was going to kill the kid, he intentionally tried to hit me when I was picking up a few guys buggys....

I'll probably be al LI Raceway most saturdays till Willis opens their track back up in October... Even though I'm planning to race on road this year, I'm getting my eye/hand cooridination back off road...
Old 09-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

i hear you on evan he hit chris (the guy sitting next to me) when he was picking up cars. nick ran around picking up evan's car and flipping it upside down and then evan's father told brian to kick evan off the track. travis was doing pretty good i just feel bad he has to follow it around the track. thank god he was out there when evan was driving evan would aim for him. and the truck is set up good for a much older truck. i wont be there next saturday but i am thinking of racing on sunday. brian is really trying to get all the guys that come down just for practice to race as well so i think i will just not sure what class. between novice and 19 spec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.