Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome thread. Here is mine. Was gonna post a PIC but I haven't posted enough. Sorry.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

FYI, I put my Hyper TT up for sale in the classifieds. $99 + shipping each or $198 shipped for the whole load.

Hobao/Ofna Hyper TT + boatload of parts!

Old 03-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Oh man... very tempting to buy that setup from you RazorRC!

I sold my brand new never ran 10TT a few weeks ago to a local and just finished helping him tune the truck at the track this past weekend, where I drove it for the first time on turf... and lets just say I've got sellers remorse! That truck is so dialed, it drove just as nice as my Tekno EB410 with comparable lap times, folks were definitely asking questions about the truck by the time I finished with the pack that I ran... I literally didn't want to give the controls back to the new owner, ha!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong

I sold my brand new never ran 10TT a few weeks ago to a local and just finished helping him tune the truck at the track this past weekend, where I drove it for the first time on turf... and lets just say I've got sellers remorse! That truck is so dialed, it drove just as nice as my Tekno EB410 with comparable lap times, folks were definitely asking questions about the truck by the time I finished with the pack that I ran... I literally didn't want to give the controls back to the new owner, ha!
Glad you got the truck dialed for him! It's definitely a fun truck, and for less than the price of the 80% ARR, you get a ****ton of parts, including tires for every conceivable surface. The chassis is pretty scratched up on the bottom, but it's only cosmetic and you can basically rebuild everything to new (body, wing, arms) and more spare parts than you can shake a fist at. I've got some other random new spares (diff gaskets, etc.) that's not pictured. It also sounds like you know the magic setup for your track already...

LMK if you want it, and I can ship it out next day.
billdelong likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help you have given my son and I with the truck Bill.
He absolutely loves it. I went ahead and grabbed RazorRC's Hyper.
That should cover us on our parts for a long time to come. See you at the track!
Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by volcanus
Thanks for all the help you have given my son and I with the truck Bill.
He absolutely loves it. I went ahead and grabbed RazorRC's Hyper.
That should cover us on our parts for a long time to come. See you at the track!
smart move Jason, only thing I might consider changing is to go with the nylon spur, that will really make the ride a lot more quiet and you probably want to drop the center diff down to 10K anyway so that car won't do wheelies on hard acceleration as well as make it a little more stable too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HoBao-11066...Y/142470869949
Old 03-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered up the nylon spur and a screw kit. I still need to attach that aluminum brace to the front.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

I used a generous amount of thread lock on the aluminum mounts, be sure to use an iron or micro torch to heat/melt the glue before you loosen any screws going into metal so you don't strip any screw heads

I use this thread lock here, never lost a fastener since I started using it, but have also learned the importance of melting the glue on stubborn screws:
https://www.amazon.com/Vibra-TITE-Re.../dp/B008RQ5GSA
Old 04-02-2018, 08:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I just joined this elite club and ordered one of these bad boys. After searching around trying to find something that fit most of my needs, I ended up buying one.

Now I have to absorb as much info from this thread as I can. I'm in for a long night.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Anyone have experience with the stock RTR electronics? I have read that they are 3S safe.

How is the performance?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Anyone have experience with the stock RTR electronics? I have read that they are 3S safe.

How is the performance?
I didn't keep the stock electronics very long. It's a re branded HobbyWing.

Also keep in mind that it does not have LVC.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Slash65
I didn't keep the stock electronics very long. It's a re branded HobbyWing.

Also keep in mind that it does not have LVC.
I guess Hobao updated the electronics at some point. My truck came with a rebranded Hobbywing 60 amp ESC and a program card. The default cutoff was set at 3.2V, so I upped it to 3.4V and it seemed to work well.

The manual had an insert that said that the ESC fan was rated for a 2S lipo and that a 3S lipo would burn it out. It included the info to buy the upgraded 3S fan. It's just odd. Maybe I will wire this stock fan into the receiver and not worry about it.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I exclusively run my off road vehicles on a dirt oval track at my local hobby shop. I also have a much larger dirt oval that we all use as a practice track. I took the Hyper TT to the practice oval yesterday to put it through the paces.

The Hyper TT was brand spanking new and had never been run. When I pulled the truck out of the box, the first thing I noticed was that all four tires had flat spots. I guess this old Hyper TT had been sitting on a shelf at Tower Hobbies for a long time

As mentioned in my previous post, the manual says that the truck was 3S capable, but you have to change out the ESC fan to the upgraded version. So because of that, I ran 2S all day. The practice track we use is a large oval with extremely loose dirt. Did I mention extremely loose dirt? Clouds of dirt and zero traction are commonplace.

The Hyper TT was an absolute beast. Box stock with no mods, I was able to breeze by short course trucks, Axial Yeti's, and Baja trucks. The Hyper TT tires hooked up really well and the truck handled great in this environment. I was really impressed. For such a large track, I almost felt like a need to move up a pinion tooth or two, but I will resist the urge since the nicely groomed track that we frequently race at is much smaller with tons of grip.

Pros:

- I love the noisy drive train. It is very unique.
- Plenty of get up and go power.
- All of the RTR electronics were smooth and felt good.
- Real head turner (just something cool about a small 1/10 truggy)
- Well built for an RTR (nothing loose, no failures after a long day of running)

Cons:

- Stock ESC fan can only handle 2S lipo
- Turn radius sucks compared to other vehicles
- Tires had flat spots out of the box
- Hobao packaging sucks (no styrofoam or other protective material)
- Stock radio feels really cheap and just barely gets the job done.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
- Turn radius sucks compared to other vehicles
This is a known issue and I'm really surprised that HoBao hasn't addressed this, earlier in the thread I posted some tips on how to bend a custom ackermann bar to get equal throw in both directions, I also showed how you can grind the front pivots to get even more throw. After the mods I was able to get the same amount of steering as my EB410 and turned comparable lap times... the 10TT can be made to be extremely competitive.... they just need to hire some pro's who know what they are doing to make a few tweaks to the design... personally I'd rather see them switch to a C-Hub design if I had any influence.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

This is a known issue and I'm really surprised that HoBao hasn't addressed this, earlier in the thread I posted some tips on how to bend a custom ackermann bar to get equal throw in both directions, I also showed how you can grind the front pivots to get even more throw. After the mods I was able to get the same amount of steering as my EB410 and turned comparable lap times... the 10TT can be made to be extremely competitive.... they just need to hire some pro's who know what they are doing to make a few tweaks to the design... personally I'd rather see them switch to a C-Hub design if I had any influence.
Thanks for this info. I read through most of this thread, but it was difficult due to the overwhelming amount of info. I wish I could collect and organize the tips and tricks and maybe send it to the OP to add to his original post. I love when threads have all of that great info readily available.

I'm going to find your posts and get these mods done. It's hard to believe that this model doesn't get the sales it should. I was really impressed. Now granted, we practice with a "run what you brung" mentality, so the competition was a hodgepodge of different trucks, but the truggy was the fastest one out there.

It will be interesting to see if I can get the same results on the smaller, well groomed track. I love the open classes that my track holds. It is a ton of fun racing against anything and everything. I think this truggy will be my main focus this summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.