Introducing: CEFX Raceway!!! >

Introducing: CEFX Raceway!!!

Introducing: CEFX Raceway!!!

Old 12-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Introducing: CEFX Raceway!!!

Hello Everyone!!

If you didn't know, the Halo Hobbies track that my wife and I ran in Toledo is closing. We are now moving up to Westland Michigan to a new place that should allow us to really build a top notch facility to host some great racing.

Here's a bit of info:

It is the green and white building that everyone is speaking of - Basically, exit from 275 onto Ford Rd. (east) and head down around 1.5 miles and make a left on Executive Dr. It's the 2nd industrial building on the left hand side behind the GFS Foods building. . The building is almost 10,000sqft with 7,500 of that being dedicated to race track/pit area. The rest will be the hobby shop and CEFX. We didn't plan on the building being all done up in the green and white but it really worked out that way!!

The new place is called "CEFX Raceway". Double the insurance to insure two companies running and operating from the same building seems a bit crazy. There are other small matters but that was the main issue. Sad, but the Halo name is being left behind with the old place in Toledo....

As far as parking - there are 25 spaces and I will check with the bowling alley to see about allowing for our overflow if need be.

Places to eat - It's Ford Rd...lol... Name it, it's within 15 minutes either way from the track!

Schedule - We will be returning to our full Halo schedule as soon as we are completly moved up to Westland. Basically:

Monday - Closed
Tues-Friday 2pm-9pm
Saturday 10am-9pm with racing starting around 6pm (earlier if needed)
Sunday 9am-6pm with racing starting around noon.

This is the schedule to get things up and running but it may change slightly as we possibly add racing/series on week nights. We also may alter hours to accomidate everyone better as now we have the luxery to not have to operate during specific mall hours.

Current Status:

Tommorow - Painting
Thursday - Possible painting, phones going in.
Friday - Hopefully down in Toledo finishing packing up and hopefully moving some stuff up.
Saturday/Sunday - If all is on schedule, major moving and if all that goes well possibly setting up hobby shop and preping things to lay the carpet and set-up the track.

A very special thanks goes out to Randy!!! He has seriously hooked us up and is in the process of painting the complete inside for us!! Everyone, next time you see him, thank him for helping us give everyone a killer place to race!!

The goal is to be moved in and up and running so we can be racing no later than New Years Eve!!

Lastly, we will check out the Vision Lanes parking lot to check what kind of condition it is in. If it looks decient, I will check with them to see if it would be possible to do some outside racing during the summer. No garantees but I will check into it.

I will post updates on how things are going over the next few days along with hours when we will be at the new place so if anyone is in the area they can feel free to stop in and check it out.

Back to work!!

Josh
Old 12-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

good luck with your new place josh! i know it gets hella cold up there in michigan so i hope you can hook up the place with some good heating! a facility that large is sure to burn up a lot of juice.

Cant wait to see the place when its done. Post pics on your site when you get a chance.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Josh I sent you an email through your cefx website.

I just took over a track and am trying to get some info about what insurance to carry?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 12-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh:

Hi,

Congrats on your new place. we were wondering where you would end up at. your new place sounds great. we'll be down as soon as you open up. it's always fun racing at your track.

Thanks

Tim & Mini
Old 12-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's great there is food close by and everything......but how close are the strip clubs???

Later EddieO
Old 12-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

YOU BAST****... YOU MOVED MY TRACK FROM 15MIN TO 45min away!!!! haha...

Congrats.. i am very glad to see that it worked out and that there will still be a WORLD CLASS facility near by. With ANY luck, your new location will bring more people in. I will watch this thread as I WILL be there Newyears if there is racing (and i dont get screwed into working)..

lets see some pics!!!!

love ya baby

KBpower
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new place Josh.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

TENCHO - The place actually has really good heat!! We cranked it up to do the painting and just over night it's nice and comfortable in there!! Wil do with the pics!!

Tempest - YGM!

Tim - I'll keep everyone posted. Here's the basic info:

5717 E. Executive Dr.
Westland, MI 48185

Phone: 734-722-7479
Fax: Coming soon...

Eddie - Being that close to the airport, I believe there is quite a selection within a 20-30 minute drive...lol... I'm not sure about them though so you would have to check them out for yourself!!

Keith - lol... Pics coming soon!!

Drew - THanks!!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's good news, I can come aggrivate more often. LOL
Maybe we can get "chief sleeps alot" back to the carpet.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow sounds like a wicked facility!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrats on the new place Josh...

The Canadian crew will likely be checking you out too once it's up and running..

btw...how did everything go in Japan after the Champs?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Josh !
No more driving to Toledo every day. It should be better for you and your family.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yah... HOW DID things go in Japan?

Also.. any plans for a GRAND Re-opening..uhh... under new name, in new state.. race...

KB
Old 12-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
That's great there is food close by and everything......but how close are the strip clubs???

Later EddieO
Is that all you think about?

Congrats on your new track Josh. It'd be nice if we could get something like that around here.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sweet! I hope to make it out to this track once in a while, as ChrisP said I'm sure you'll definately see a group us Canucks down there!

Congrats on the new track!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.