Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys I am going to get a Inferno GT readyset, what parts would I need to make it a GT2?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Koval,

Good job on the body. However, that is not the Kyosho version of the Ferrari I have pictured in my post. I will see if I can acquire the Kyosho version and do some track testing to see if it is a performance body like the short chassis Ferrari F430 Modena was.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default GT/GT2 classic

Any 'iteration' of the Ferrari body is going to be good.

The 'low nose' is going to address the down force but be careful to get a 'TIGHT' fitting front bumper to protect from flexing the top of the front wheel-well. This is a constant point of 'flex/cracking'; the weakness on the McClaren. (sp?) (this tip given to you by the former owner of a 63 Corvette convertible with 'that cracking' in real life---1:1...)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Any 'iteration' of the Ferrari body is going to be good.

The 'low nose' is going to address the down force but be careful to get a 'TIGHT' fitting front bumper to protect from flexing the top of the front wheel-well. This is a constant point of 'flex/cracking'; the weakness on the McClaren. (sp?) (this tip given to you by the former owner of a 63 Corvette convertible with 'that cracking' in real life---1:1...)
A little fiberglass tape and some shoe goo will help fix that somewhat......
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
A little fiberglass tape and some shoe goo will help fix that somewhat......
'True dat'...... but the loving application of a 'tight-fitting' front bumper is worth the time spent !!!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
'True dat'...... but the loving application of a 'tight-fitting' front bumper is worth the time spent !!!
Big bumpers will not be an issue for me. Got the big bumpers from Ipanema that has definitely filled the front-end void to stop the body flex (and are tough as nails too) with very little trimming.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian C.
Hey guys I am going to get a Inferno GT readyset, what parts would I need to make it a GT2?
If you are buying a New RTR they only come the "long" version for some time now unless you found some new old stock.

I saw your other thread and read you will be running GT this season
I also see by your signature you race at TLR so I assume you will be joining us at Port Jervis and Blue Diamond, may I suggest you keep the Kyosho GT you have in the short chassis form, you will be more competitive that way (98% of races will agree) but if you feel you must have at it I think 1 person there runs a long chassis and has switched for this season learning his lesson.

See you at the races
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
If you are buying a New RTR they only come the "long" version for some time now unless you found some new old stock.

I also see by your signature you race at TLR so I assume you will be joining us at Port Jervis and Blue Diamond, may I suggest you keep the Kyosho GT you have in the short chassis form, you will be more competitive that way (98% of races will agree) but if you feel you must have at it I think 1 person there runs a long chassis and has switched for this season learning his lesson.

See you at the races
OK thank you!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by *1speedy

See you at the races
+1...... BRIAN...Keep the car in its current shorter GT1 state...I have both and now I am putting the $$$ behind "SHAWTY" ! lol...It just simply a lot more agile, turns easier and lighter...too many ++++ with the GT1 !
Old 02-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Kyosho GT2 chassis no kick up.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I literally signed up just to ask where and how much??? Lol. I have waiting for a while for something like this. What's the total caster now?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja
I literally signed up just to ask where and how much??? Lol. I have waiting for a while for something like this. What's the total caster now?
With the chassis being flat now you are taking away 7 degree. I will give you
more steering now that it has less caster.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

basically after looking around, if i want pure just balls out top end, just get the high speed gear set and the 21t pinion for 2nd gear right? if i want to to tailor my gearing for the track then i should get the evolve set up.

I wonder how the LRP .28 will do. does anyone have experience with the high speed gear set up? thanks

Last edited by BuddyBaja; 02-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

*double post

Last edited by BuddyBaja; 02-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

any way to just run the evolva bell and pinions and leave the spurs alone?

I don't want to go from 15t to 21t on the pinion but i want more speed and i am not sure if i will be getting much more with the evolva set up for what it costs. not for a basher anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.