ROAR new body rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Did ROAR contact you concerning the change? if not, how did they listen to you as a member prior to the decision being made?
No but I did contact them after I heard aobut it months ago and voiced my opinion.

Ed M.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow comes to mind

I'm down with making rules for the stuff that should be governed, ie: tires, wheels motors ect, but this is just out of control.

ROAR is there for the racer, who pays to be a member, we dont pay for them to outlaw something that makes no sense to outlaw. What amazes me is the truggy bodybulldog, punisher, 2.0) all went by just fine without a commotion, now this all over a body that isnt even available to the public yet? Not to mention its first appearance at a non ROAR sanctioned race!

If the body made the guys running it 2 seconds faster a lap, then I would expect this, but all it does is give a new look to an old fashioned style body that had not seen much change until now. Probably more downforce and better cooling as well, but much past that, its not cheating, which is what this seems they are making this out to be.

If we were racing 1:1 scale replicas and a body like this came out, I could see the point of their ammendments.

Sadly, I think ROAR will be a thing of the past soon, their rules are too strict, and although I do believe that we need a strong set of guidlines, all it seems that is going on here is a power show. Fewer and fewer races are being sanctioned by ROAR, IMO we need a new sanctioning body to step up to the plate for the decade we are in. Only time will tell what will happen here though.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentgear
No but I did contact them after I heard aobut it months ago and voiced my opinion.

Ed M.
Was this something ROAR posted up on there website or did you hear about it through a forum or something?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Was this something ROAR posted up on there website or did you hear about it through a forum or something?
Step 1 - Become a member

Then get involved.

1.2.4 Members, ROAR Officials, Track Operators, and Industry Affiliates are encouraged to send suggested rules additions or changes directly to the chairpersons of these committees. Proposals or suggestions may be submitted to any member of the ROAR Executive Committee, but these submissions will be referred to the relevant Section Chairpersons for discussion and acceptance before being reviewed by the ROAR Executive Committee.

1.2.5 Suggestions should be in writing and may be sent by E-mail, Fax, or Letter. To the extent possible, a response will be provided for each suggestion. Addresses of key ROAR Officials are listed and on the ROAR Website.

Very easy to sit behind your computer and throw firebombs at will behind a hidden name.

Step up and volunteer in your region and make tougher decision than you own self interest.

Come on in, the waters always warm when you have to become the steward of the Organization ahead of your own selfish interest.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
What amazes me is the truggy bodybulldog, punisher, 2.0) all went by just fine without a commotion, now this all over a body that isnt even available to the public yet? Not to mention its first appearance at a non ROAR sanctioned race!
There was an uproar. Many discussions took place. MonsterTrucks/Truggys had a fairly open body rule. It just couldnt be a car or legacy buggy body. The issue was more to do with exposing the rear shock tower than anything else. They are after all monster trucks by heritage.

Buggy Class has always had a Body rule that left much discretion to the designers. Just a Non-Truck type body.

Did the Losi 2.0 cloud the issue? Probably.
If you sat the new style truggy bodies next to it, would it have a non truck type appearance? Yes

If you sat the new style Truggy body next to the newest Buggy Body, could the same be said? More often than not, the answered would be No.

Whats next? will someone take one of the high downforce 1:8 Onroad bodies and reshape to fit around the Buggy Chassis?

By the comments of some, it should be allowed. Or better yet, please say why it shouldnt.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

I will buy and run the body when it comes out if it comes out. If Roar will not allow it then i guess i will not race in a roar race. I will be more then happy to give my money to Rc Pro or another big event race that roar doesnt have control over. No one is makes me race roar races or anyone else. If you race in roar race you follow roar rules.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDCrow
Step 1 - Become a member

Then get involved.

1.2.4 Members, ROAR Officials, Track Operators, and Industry Affiliates are encouraged to send suggested rules additions or changes directly to the chairpersons of these committees. Proposals or suggestions may be submitted to any member of the ROAR Executive Committee, but these submissions will be referred to the relevant Section Chairpersons for discussion and acceptance before being reviewed by the ROAR Executive Committee.

1.2.5 Suggestions should be in writing and may be sent by E-mail, Fax, or Letter. To the extent possible, a response will be provided for each suggestion. Addresses of key ROAR Officials are listed and on the ROAR Website.

Very easy to sit behind your computer and throw firebombs at will behind a hidden name.

Step up and volunteer in your region and make tougher decision than you own self interest.

Come on in, the waters always warm when you have to become the steward of the Organization ahead of your own selfish interest.
My questions were to understand how as a member of ROAR changes like this are put forth to the membership, which is why I asked a member of ROAR how they were notified of this for any input, etc.

If there is a problem in asking a member this, I guess I am at a loss
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
My questions were to understand how as a member of ROAR changes like this are put forth to the membership, which is why I asked a member of ROAR how they were notified of this for any input, etc.

If there is a problem in asking a member this, I guess I am at a loss
I am ROAR No. 10-119524 and I was never notified of anything, I found out on Neo-Buggy!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Whats next? will someone take one of the high downforce 1:8 Onroad bodies and reshape to fit around the Buggy Chassis?

By the comments of some, it should be allowed. Or better yet, please say why it shouldnt.
I think that is the point that is being missed. No one cares what kind of body people want to run in 1/8th.

I think most agree that SC is supposed to be "scale" and mimic real cars so a rule like this makes sense for that class, however, this not what 1/8 racers care about thus the uproar over the rule.

The bodies are just there to protect the internals of the car, provide aerodynamic properties, and ultimately are just a form of self expression of the driver. 1/8 is about performance and getting around the track faster. It has nothing to do with mimicking real cars TODAY although that may have been the intent decades ago.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There was an uproar. Many discussions took place. MonsterTrucks/Truggys had a fairly open body rule. It just couldnt be a car or legacy buggy body. The issue was more to do with exposing the rear shock tower than anything else. They are after all monster trucks by heritage.

Buggy Class has always had a Body rule that left much discretion to the designers. Just a Non-Truck type body.

Did the Losi 2.0 cloud the issue? Probably.
If you sat the new style truggy bodies next to it, would it have a non truck type appearance? Yes

If you sat the new style Truggy body next to the newest Buggy Body, could the same be said? More often than not, the answered would be No.

Because it would cover the wheels. That's why it wouldn't be allowed.

Anyway, I have no issue with a rule saying the body can't cover the wheels, and even a set of dimensions it must fit, but to require an approval based solely on the look of the body is ridiculous. I have a feeling if you drafted a set of dimensions that the body must fit, and you made sure to include all buggy bodies currently being made(not including the bulldog that you hate so much), the dimensions would be such that the bulldog would be legal anyway. Meaning, the bulldog is not very much different from other bodies being made dimensionally. You see, if it is not based on dimensions, who is to say what body fits and what body doesn't? Who is to tell me that one body doesn't "look" right? That my friend is an opinion, and people's opinions will differ on this matter. Body lines and styling should not be a factor in whether or not that body is legal. If it fits the set of dimensions, it goes. Plain and simple, no opinions involved. That's my take.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

I dont think the argument is about ROAR as a sanctioning body. I think that MOST of ROAR rules are in line with the racing scene. But they HAVE to let the hobby grow. VTR tires are IMO a big jump in the evolution of tires. Why are they making racers stay with the same old style tire? I can see they say ok guys this product will not be allowed THIS season and we will review this product for next season. But I think is wrong to come out right at the beginning of a season and ban something. With out the next best thing alot of us on this forum will just become bored and get into another hobby. I think this is on major reason why 10th off gas has died. Since the introduction of Losi 8 line 1/8th scale has exploded in the number of people trying to race them. With Engines, Motors, Batteries, weight length ect, I think these need to have rules set that are actually explored once or twice a year, instead of banning things for a reason that NO ONE understands. You know what would shut everyone one up, since there are really only 2 offroad races for them a year ( regional and nats ) they should make there own bodies.... or post pics up on their website showing a REAL 1.1 BUGGY AND TRUGGY and what they should looks like and Im not talking about hand drawn and the pic should be current.
I do not think that ROAR is purposefully trying to drag down RC I just think that some of their decisions are based on their opinions and not on fact.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default roar

The ROAR thing sucks but I can race all year round and never use my ROAR Membership in AZ and Cali, even Joey only uses ROAR Weights and Tank rules but I was going to go race the ROAR Nats in Colorado and what, after running my Bulldog body and 4.0 rims and tires all year I have to put the old school body and some old school 3.7's on LAME!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Because it would cover the wheels. That's why it wouldn't be allowed.
FYI - "Reshape to fit around the Buggy Chassis" has nothing to do with coveriing the wheels.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=JDCrow;7180671]There was an uproar. Many discussions took place. MonsterTrucks/Truggys had a fairly open body rule. It just couldnt be a car or legacy buggy body. The issue was more to do with exposing the rear shock tower than anything else. They are after all monster trucks by heritage.

QUOTE]

JD, that was my take on the body rules as well yet ROAR clearly allowed Adam Drake to run a car/buggy/vw body in the last ROAR sanctioned Production Monster Truck race on the national level. Of course that is a nonrespected class even tho it spawned where Truggies are today. Racing in Florida in the State Series we run off of ROAR rules and have to be a member to do so. I am curious where this will affect us as the VTR tire rule was started Jan 1 for that series.

This rule will be ROAR's free pass I guess for the special occasions:

At its discretion, ROAR may grant approval to any body in the absence of a submission from the manufacturer or other entity.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

This is about arrogance. How else can you explain Dawns comment about rctech’s readers IQ’s.

Dawn you now officially suck in my book. What gives you the right to comment on my IQ. You don’t even know me. I will not renew.

Mike Johnson
Santa Clara CA.
ROAR#12-115532

Last edited by RBMike; 03-25-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.