Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
ryan said you were getting a b4... did you get it, are you racing sunday?
I have it and it is built. I may make it up this week, not sure. Next week I won't be up since ill be racing in cleveland all week. After that Ill be there every weekend for a month or two.

The layout we ran Sunday was awesome. One of the best I have run on at bumps. I say keep that one down.

Last edited by KHoff7; 10-22-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i've read so much setup guide stuff, enuff of it might make u believe that i should run red or silver instead of pink. totally lost. any1 else contemplatin a compound other than pink as dry and dusty as this track gets now?

R
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i've read so much setup guide stuff, enuff of it might make u believe that i should run red or silver instead of pink. totally lost. any1 else contemplatin a compound other than pink as dry and dusty as this track gets now?

R
Im gonna give u some advice that you give me every single week...Your over thinking it.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

I agree
Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti

R
ult,
when i was there this past sunday i put all my clay compound tires to the test there.just to find out that soft citiblocks were better and i meen way better than panther clays that i had.
try running a red compound tire if i was you.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Losi don't make a silver bk bar or taper. Jason Haas played around last year with different compounds but never had any luck with anything other then pink or red.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last winter when I was there I ran red Tapers with buggy grip or silver Tapers with diesel. This past weekend I used soft City Blocks in round 1 and soft Grid Irons in the 2nd round and the main. I think the Grid Irons may be the best tire Ive run there yet. I was really surprised even right out of the bag (premounts) they were very good. They had better forward bite and rotation than the City Blocks.

The City Blocks were a well worn set that had just a bit of the top peg left and were softened by repeated washing with Simple Green.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default truggy

probably doesnt mean anything to you buggy guys, but in truggy i was running m2 holeshots and they were hookin up realy well, i also tryed my m2 cityblocks and the holeshots were way better.
Now i just have to learn how to drive!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
probably doesnt mean anything to you buggy guys, but in truggy i was running m2 holeshots and they were hookin up realy well, i also tryed my m2 cityblocks and the holeshots were way better.
Now i just have to learn how to drive!
Amen to that sir. Slow = fast lol
I took it easy in the main and i didn't do to bad at all, but I'm sure that's because everyone else was messing up haha.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=ultegrasti;6507068]i've read so much setup guide stuff, enuff of it might make u believe that i should run red or silver instead of pink. totally lost. any1 else contemplatin a compound other than pink as dry and dusty as this track gets now?

R[/QUOTE
Last year I played around some on my 2wd with silver 07 fronts and Red Bk Bar rears...wasnt bad when the conditions were right. I also used Ronsonal lighter fluid on them for compound. Any lighter fluid will work if it has napthna in it.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah man

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning
Amen to that sir. Slow = fast lol
I took it easy in the main and i didn't do to bad at all, but I'm sure that's because everyone else was messing up haha.
yeah man , i hear that, slow is fast, i knew going in there wasnt going to be anything i could do against Matt,, Matt+Rob Hams hooked up 2.0 losi with a seemingly unlimited power Speed motor, aganst my lack of skills + worn out 1.0 losi, with a near no compression P7 = Matt waiting up several times for me to catch up, lapping me almost twice, and winning anyway. LOL ah well i still had a blast ,love the track, and plan on speeding alot of time there this winter!

Is-Ock
Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brian or Chris,

Looking for losi strike losb2902 shock ends. Let me know if you have them before I make the trip up tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Brian or Chris,

Looking for losi strike losb2902 shock ends. Let me know if you have them before I make the trip up tomorrow.
If it is a standard one that Losi uses on more than one vehicle I would say we have it as we just got all are orders in. If it is a part specific to the Strike then no for sure.

I won;t be in the shop til 4pm or so tommorrow. I would call Chris at around 2pm at the shop as he will more than likely be their and can look for you.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 PM

This new offering has Ross written all over it....Literally

R
Old 10-22-2009, 06:49 PM

well finding that u accidentally had #1 pistons in ur rear shocks kinda sux. full rebuild on shocks, move rear arms forward, took out all AS from rear (was 2deg), gave myself an adjustment possibility with the caster block up front. only managed to get thru 1 shock before i called it a nite. mounted up new bars (PL white foam) and pink tapers. will try red ribs next time i'm up 4 a giggle. also moved some of my lead back to the front behind servo. lotta work done, just some gluing and some more shock builds. then it'll be time to find some steering.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.