Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
suggestion on trinity reflexNT >

suggestion on trinity reflexNT

suggestion on trinity reflexNT

Old 02-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Fiber reinforced pulleys

AMGRacer;

Thanks for the PN of the pulleys. Just got them in today, heck of a lot cheaper than replacing aluminum pulleys.

Guys;

Just put the finishing touches on my 8 yr old Son's Reflex today. It is going to replace the HPI Nitro-2 that he has been racing for the last Year-n-a half. I'm hoping this car will give him the confidence to drive faster and move up into the Sportsman ranks.

See you at the track,
Old 02-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Yeah I think he should do better with the reflex than the hpi. The only thing I have ever broke on nt is a front belt and a front pulley, but that was for sure from rocks. I personally think the reflex is one hell of a bargain you can get it now for like 249.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default tony montana;

This will actually make Reflex #3 for us, 4 if you count the one we bought for parts. I think I may hold on to the HPI's for a while. They may hold another Challenge race locally sometime in the near future.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, everybody i've had my rfx for just over a year now and I luv it. yes i've broken it many times ,but I've thrashed on the track numerous times breaking belts from worn out stock pulleys.,Even had a Harley-Davision run it overjust broke the carb. off , But the hardest impact was at an exibetion at an arena race on an aluminum oval .car was hooked up turning laps 3-4 sec. faster than the mini winston cup cars appox. 60-65 mph. down the straights the track is banked about 15 degrees in the cornersand the transzition to the straight goes back to 4-5 degrees the wall had a hole at this point comming off the cornerI found this hole at about 40 mph and hit the metal strut the crowd went ooooooowwwwww just knoked off the header pulled out a pillow ball and cracked the fuel tank . just minor for the speed I hit the hole in the wall.call my car Harley now after theH-D incenident that guy was pissed I beat him on the street in front of my house. and I haven't seen him since then, these cars go so fast expect to break some thing if you keep running into stuff, or other racers. My .02 .....Bubba
Old 02-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

I really like my reflex! i havent had a problem with it apart from the front belt snapping. My kit came with the extra hubs and i havent had a problem with the CVD's or the arms breaking (touch wood)

Its a real good car and i have given it a bit of a beating cause i started racing with this car so i was a bit of a hack!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Any body running the centax clutch? If so i am having a problem with the adjustment nut tighting up during a run, it gets to the point to were the engine just revs, pull the pinion off and the nut has moved down 1/4 inch, to say this really sucks, nothing like being in a battle for the lead and to pull off because your car whants to launch a rod.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default drfritz;

I still running the Stock Clutch shoes (cut down) and it has worked really well except for the occasional spring breaking.
How about a very small drop of threadlock on the adjusting nut threads (VERY small), just to keep it from loosening on it's own.

Question;

Has anyone tried to fit the New Centax-II off the Serpent 705 onto the Relfex. It looks like everything will fit.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: drfritz;

Originally posted by popsracer
Has anyone tried to fit the New Centax-II off the Serpent 705 onto the Relfex. It looks like everything will fit.
I've heard that the Relfex can use Serpent spurs (old ones before the new lightened ones came out for the 705, 835 and 950) as they are about the same. If you change the clutch to the new Centax II, you may face problems with the existing spurs as they do not align properly. The Centax II clutch needs the new lightened Serpent gearbox to align properly.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Serpent spurs

I think that the lightened 2spd hubs are the same as the ones that are offered by Trinity for the RFX. They are just machined out more to be lighter and take the same Spur gears. I'm going to bet that the Serpent is the same. Yes and Serpent spurs will fit.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Serpent spurs

I think that the lightened 2spd hubs are the same as the ones that are offered by Trinity for the RFX. They are just machined out more to be lighter and take the same Spur gears. I'm going to bet that the Serpent is the same. Yes and Serpent spurs will fit.
Any sample pics of the Trinity spurs and 2 speed hubs that look like Serpent's?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default Serpent gears on the RFX

I KNOW that the Serpent Spurs will fit the RFX as my Friend has them on his. (I'm still using the Trinity spurs). I've seen pictures of the Reflex lightweight 2spd housings and the Serpent housings and they look identical. The Flywheels are very close to being the same diameter within a few mm. AND I can't imagine why Serpent would completely redesign it's entire 2spd when the original worked just fine and just needed some refinements. I also think that it will work only with the standard RFX 1 piece motor mount, but cannot confirm this as yet.
I honestly do not know if the Pinions will fit the RFX clutchbell though.
Maybe someone has both cars 705 & RFX and can do the measurements for everyone. Hint, Hint!!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Nope, the 705 centax-II spurs are totally different!! I have a dozen serpent spurs that will only fit my Impulse now! If you need a lower 1st pinion , try the Kyosho Fantom F2001 15 tooth pinion, it fits the stock clutch and centax I believe.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

I am using the mugen centax clutch. it works fine and i never have any issues with the adjustment nut, in fact its too hard to adjust i reckon...
Old 02-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Serpent gears on the RFX

AND I can't imagine why Serpent would completely redesign it's entire 2spd when the original worked just fine and just needed some refinements.
Yes, there was nothing wrong with the original as it worked fine. Just that the new ones have beafier bearings, and lighter mas overall. So rotating mass gets reduced on this one. Other than that, the clutch shoe clearance with the clutchbell is now fixed. It's simpler and you only need to play around with the 2 springs to adjust the 2 speed shifting. That's all.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

i dont know why people say bad things about the reflex because you can interchange the parts with other makes.... personally i think its awesome.. look at how many options us RFX owners have.. i think others are just jelous

BTW: this came out of no where and wasnt aimed at any comments on here.. i just thought about it because of the thing about serpent spurs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.