Wiki Posts
Search

Chopper82p frauds post here

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'm not sure it's "personal" but I do find it ironic that a person of faith (based on their signature) is condoning theft.
Really racer judging me huh its ok, but 1 I never condone theft my arrangement was is paypay really losing money and if so they would of stop the free gift services a long time ago. And I am not perfect and just a sinner trying to follow Christ.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I still want to know if you think it's ok to stiff Johnny on his $2 shoe shine. You never answered that question..
Old 04-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Really racer judging me huh its ok, but 1 I never condone theft my arrangement was is paypay really losing money and if so they would of stop the free gift services a long time ago. I am not perfect and just a sinner trying to follow Christ.
Ya they are genius! Because you pay as gift vs goods/services like you should be. What's so hard to understand???
Old 04-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This thread literally hurts my brain.. I can't believe what I am reading with this Bigc2007 guy... I am not sure I even have the energy to explain to this guy how it IS stealing from paypal... he seems to think that just because they make millions of dollars in profits, that it is ok for him to steal just a tiny bit, a dollar here or a dollar there, because they make other money from other things.

Mind Blown.

The thing is, Bigc2007... you aren't actually SUPPOSED to be sent anything RC related, because all you did was give this guy money as a gift. You are getting exactly what you deserve... which is nothing but a hole in your wallet. Technically you GAVE money to this guy as a gift. Period. THEN... he was supposed to GIVE you something RC related for free. But he changed his mind. Working as intended I would say.

To the rest of you that are getting paypal refunds... booya. Glad to see it's working out, this is of course the EXACT reason you always pay as goods/services.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This thread literally hurts my brain.. I can't believe what I am reading with this Bigc2007 guy... I am not sure I even have the energy to explain to this guy how it IS stealing from paypal... he seems to think that just because they make millions of dollars in profits, that it is ok for him to steal just a tiny bit, a dollar here or a dollar there, because they make other money from other things.

Mind Blown.

The thing is, Bigc2007... you aren't actually SUPPOSED to be sent anything RC related, because all you did was give this guy money as a gift. You are getting exactly what you deserve... which is nothing but a hole in your wallet. Technically you GAVE money to this guy as a gift. Period. THEN... he was supposed to GIVE you something RC related for free. But he changed his mind. Working as intended I would say.

To the rest of you that are getting paypal refunds... booya. Glad to see it's working out, this is of course the EXACT reason you always pay as goods/services.
Ok here we go, 1st I never said it was NOT stealing at all my whole things is was paypal really losing money on this and my take was that they are making it up in other services and to cover the cost. They cant just give away this for free. Just like getting free air at a gas station they have a overhead cost. 2nd I have not lost anything and I have not paid for anything as a gift and never sold anything as a gift. Again my take was paypal offers the send for free as a "gift" and they have a way of covering the cost NOT once did I say it was ok to pay for items as a gift.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Again paypal is not getting ripped off, they have meetings once a week and if they were losing money or getting ripped off someone from TOP management would of put a stop to sending payment as a gift a long time ago.
YEA Mr helper knows it all about PayPal. he knows about their weekly meetings and income and all rules wow he should be TOP CEO, lets vote for BigC2007 to run PayPal..
Old 04-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

The hilarity never ends.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 174 (100%+)

my friend added me on 2 facebook rc sights that do this for a living since I guess facebook doesn't allow raffles or something like that they sell what they call them waffles and sell what they call stickers and then do appreciation drawing for a rc product and the guys doing it only take payment for sed stickers as "gift"

I never participate but post always come back as the up and up.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

It's always been my understanding that sending monies as a "Gift" was intended for sending money to family members or friends that you can actually trust, not just anybody in the world.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 174 (100%+)

Yeah. That's just the way it's setup on those sites so that's there perogative
Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Paypal make money because of their fees, you get a secure transaction knowing that if it turns sour you have something to fall back on (if your the buyer), pretty good I reckon. If everybody paid as a gift there wouldn't be any profit made thus in turn no paypal. Its like saying I will download a pirated copy of windows and saying, its ok, plenty of other people buy it so they won't miss my business, again if no one bought windows there wouldn't be a windows. Both parties in either case are taking part in the offence, not 1 or the other.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Wait... where did this thread run off to? I thought I would see a bunch of posts of people getting reimbursements etc... oh man, but either way, if you pay for merchandise you pay accordingly, if you pay a charity then a gift is perhaps more in line. I think what's best is just to protect yourself at the end of the day, (as common sense as that may seem to some, but perhaps not others), even if I pay a fee, is the savings of the fee worth losing the entire amount of the sale?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

BigC2007,
Here's the problem with the "Paypal makes it up in other areas" argument: The other areas they make it up is increased fees for those of us who use their product as intended. Why do I have to pay more for you or others the skirt the rules? Yes, paypal will make their lost revenue back. How to do that? Increase their fees. Duh! WE all suffer because a few decide to save a couple of bucks.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BruceR.
BigC2007,
Here's the problem with the "Paypal makes it up in other areas" argument: The other areas they make it up is increased fees for those of us who use their product as intended. Why do I have to pay more for you or others the skirt the rules? Yes, paypal will make their lost revenue back. How to do that? Increase their fees. Duh! WE all suffer because a few decide to save a couple of bucks.
Quoted for post of the day
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I have an analogy... Let's say it is standard practice to eat a meal every time you use PayPal. PayPal runs a restaurant where typical members of society pay for regular priced meals. PayPal also runs a soup kitchen where they give away free meals to poor and homeless people. Standard practice is to meet your buyer in the normal restaurant, and pay for a regular priced meal. But the buyer says, "Hey, let's meet in the soup kitchen. It'll save you a few bucks." And you reply, "Sure, that's fine. I'm not stealing anything from PayPal because if I were poor/homeless, the food would be free anyway." BUT you are not considering the cost of the food. That is what you are stealing from PayPal, CigC2007.

Bank and credit card transactions cost money. Depending on the type of payment, the cost can vary from a fraction of a cent up to 2.5% of the total transaction amount. If you pay a family member from checking direct draft, it costs the least. If you pay with a debit card, it costs a little more. If you pay with Visa or Mastercard, it costs even more. If you pay with Amex or Discover, it costs the most.

In my analogy, the cost of the food served to the homeless people is the cost PayPal incurs when you accept payment for goods as friends/family. It is stealing. If you read through all that and still don't think you are stealing food from PayPal's soup kitchen, then I'm sorry for you.

(On a side note, I have a problem with businesses that charge you more if you pay with a credit card. It's a cost of doing business. Which should also apply to individuals selling toy cars online. If you met in person and their only form of payment was either a credit or debit card, and you had the smart phone card swiper, then you would incur a fee for the transaction. Alteratively, you could ask them to send the payment over PayPal as a gift, you would not incur a fee, and that would also be stealing from PayPal because they eat the cost of the transaction. Do you see now?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.