Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tire Question

How many of you guys have run The proline bowties in rear and the pro line holeshots up front and what kind of success did you have. Im talking the soft compound. I have a race Sat and was thinking about trying this but not going to have much time to practice before race. Thanks Rick
Old 10-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i have run bowties in the back and crimefighter in the front (bowfighters) and that works really together.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Prophet

the bowties would work good in the rear or the front the holeshots in the front proberty would take a lot of foward grip out and steering also thats my guess
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Okay let me ask this. How do the soft Hole shots work on a hard and dusty service. Ive used the boe ties and theres almost to much bite. I do have a set of the hard rubber crimefighters but there the older discountined version. Small rim and large tire. They work good but theres a lot of body roll
Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
Okay let me ask this. How do the soft Hole shots work on a hard and dusty service. Ive used the boe ties and theres almost to much bite. I do have a set of the hard rubber crimefighters but there the older discountined version. Small rim and large tire. They work good but theres a lot of body roll
I've used soft Double Dee's(pretty much a Holeshot) on hard packed dusty surface and it worked pretty well. Just don't get off the groove or you'll be skating.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have had very good luck with M3 revolvers with AKA or the new blue Pro-Line inserts on just about every surface, including hard and dusty. I have found the stock inserts in revolvers to make the car very unpredictable, but with a stiffer insert, the tire comes to life. Calibers also work well on that type of surface. If the track is really dusty out of the groove, you might not want to go with the hole shots, like Miniracer said, you'll be skating.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think it would work rather well on a really well groomed hard packed blue grooved track. However, you will run into a real wear issue with the rear tires.

On a different note I have run Double Dees on the rear of my buggy and Crowbars on the front of my car just to try on a crazy blue grooved track with amazing success. Definitely take a look at that setup. BTW JCONCEPTS rules.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive found HoleShots to be excellent on blue groove... Like stated before get out of the groove though and you are on ice. BowFighters work well for me too...
Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DPowers
i have run bowties in the back and crimefighter in the front (bowfighters) and that works really together.
+1

I often use this combination and i quite like the results
Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
If your track is hard and dusty, the last thing you want is a soft compound tire in 1/8 scale imho -- unless your track is moist and dusty... which is strange to me. When you're on a dry surface, you want mediums, perhaps hard if it's really hot. Soft will not stick as well and will get destroyed, especially holeshots, on a dry dusty track. Now if it groves up, you may find that soft holeshots works well, but damn, I'd rather run mediums because they stick to the groove very well and will at least last a while -- I'd also run a slightly larger pin. I'm a big fan of medium jconcept hitmen and aka I-beams (like bowties).

The only time I'd run soft holeshots is when there's a moist pack -- they'd be absolutely dialed then.

Wayne
Old 10-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by climbaatizept
+1

I often use this combination and i quite like the results
+2 i use this setup all the time