• 3 Post By thilo-alexander
  • 1 Post By Tpg racer

1/10 GP 200mm Touring Bodyshell Feedback/Review/Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 1/10 GP 200mm Touring Bodyshell Feedback/Review/Comparison

Hi guys,

I am new to 1/10 GP touring class (10+years in 1/10 EP) and have found that on RCTech information and threads on EP related topics by far outshines what is available for GP (for newcomers especially).

Currently running a Kyosho R4 Evo with Protoform P47 body and have already went for just a 1 day session at the track. With no other GP touring experiences prior to compare to, i would say practice session was awesome (lots of learning yet to be done).

Anyway now would be a good time to start trying out bodyshells and tyres (also to keep them as spares) and i would love to know the feedback from others what bodyshells are currently popular for most racers out there and why.

Some comparison and feedback on the body characterics would be helpful. I have seen brands that i have not seen before in my 1/10 EP touring days such as Xtreme Aero and SRC that are currently popular in big races in Europe for instance.

Hope someone could share their experiences and shed some light on this and hopefully it could benefit others out there as well.

Regards,
Kraisorn
Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Most popular bodies at the moment:

Protoform P47 - very stable with lots of steering in fast corners, most popular body worldwide, for a reason.
Xtreme Aerodynamic Hammer - seems to be a little bit easier to drive than P47 but P47 doing a little bit faster laptimes
Xtreme Aerodynamic Avenge - massive rear grip, very stable but understeering. Pretty good for super-high traction.

SRC Spark - unstable but very fast on straights, a lot of mid-corner rotation
Brilliant RC TCX - same as SRC Spark since its basicly the same body as SRC Spark
Protoform SRS - massive steering but a lack of rear traction.

That last three have been the body of choice for years but since the first three were released the majority races seemed to be more comfortable with this.

Note: this is only my personal opinion and others may have different experierence when comparing bodies.

Greetings

Thilo
Tpg racer, chromie and THE FRIDGE like this.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
Most popular bodies at the moment:

Protoform P47 - very stable with lots of steering in fast corners, most popular body worldwide, for a reason.
Xtreme Aerodynamic Hammer - seems to be a little bit easier to drive than P47 but P47 doing a little bit faster laptimes
Xtreme Aerodynamic Avenge - massive rear grip, very stable but understeering. Pretty good for super-high traction.

SRC Spark - unstable but very fast on straights, a lot of mid-corner rotation
Brilliant RC TCX - same as SRC Spark since its basicly the same body as SRC Spark
Protoform SRS - massive steering but a lack of rear traction.

That last three have been the body of choice for years but since the first three were released the majority races seemed to be more comfortable with this.

Note: this is only my personal opinion and others may have different experierence when comparing bodies.

Greetings

Thilo
Hi Thilo,

Thank you very much for your feedback. From your review/comparison sounds like the Xtreme Aerodynamic's R10 Avenge might be a good body option to try for a newcomer like me.

Easy to drive and stable for a newcomer is never a bad thing. It might just end up giving me and my friend more confidence to push the car as we learn to get up to speed.

With that being said, at the moment i don't have much to complain about the Protoform P47 body too. It felt abit lively but i was able to hang with it by dialling in a bit more rear toe-in.

I will order the Xtreme Aerodynamics R10 Avenge and give it a try to see if it helps calm the car down a little more.

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback. Information like these helps very much to get up to speed.

Cheers!
Kraisorn
THE FRIDGE likes this.