Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T or Jammin X2

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
well i have always just been confedent buying a new AE kit... have they every built a top race kit thats not super nice.. but i really want both trucks.. thats why i made gay post looking for opinions..i honestly feel like i may end up with a x2...but.. then on the flip side.. AE race support and set ups and info are great.. the jammin site done even show the x2 on it ..just a little comming soon update thing...no pro dirver support from jammin on any forum ive been on either....
ok on the set up , I ran my jammin x2 on 3 differents witch all had different surface...believe it or not the stock set up is flawless only X2 thread
Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

ok so i run the X1 and was also wondering wat would be better.my lhs has the RC8t in stock thats why im considering that truck but should i have them order the X2 for me. i am really stuck
Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I went with the Jammin..I just got done building it and tomorrow will be the first outing with it....I had previously driven one and made my decision based off of that......The jammin needs very little out of box,maybe a thicker aluminum ackerman,aluminum top plate,and titanium turnbuckles......

By the time you buy the RC8,aluminum hinge pin braces, aluminum top plate, aluminum knuckles, aluminum ackerman etc:etc:etc: you going to wish you just bought the Jammin..........

The jammin is a nice truck and probably the best out of box kit you can get for a truggy........
Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rossoh10
Well I went with the Jammin..I just got done building it and tomorrow will be the first outing with it....I had previously driven one and made my decision based off of that......The jammin needs very little out of box,maybe a thicker aluminum ackerman,aluminum top plate,and titanium turnbuckles......

By the time you buy the RC8,aluminum hinge pin braces, aluminum top plate, aluminum knuckles, aluminum ackerman etc:etc:etc: you going to wish you just bought the Jammin..........

The jammin is a nice truck and probably the best out of box kit you can get for a truggy........
whoaaa wait a minute the RC8T don't come with hinge pins?wow
jammin all the way
Old 09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Would someone post the links to the hinge pin holders and alum topplate for the rc8t? THanks
Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
whoaaa wait a minute the RC8T don't come with hinge pins?wow
jammin all the way

Huh? read it again .I said aluminum hinge pin braces....The braces t come with are junk,its needs KH stuff or the M2C
Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

is the x1 and x2 pretty similar in that they share alot of the same part or is it pretty much different part all the wa around
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The X2 only has about a dozen or so parts that are different from the X1, however the way it handles is a whole new truggy. I can only speak about the X1 and X2 since i have both of them. I am very happy on the way the X2 drives. When i was building it, i had a feel like why did i buy this when most of the parts are the same. But, when i got it on the track i was and am very happy on the way it drives. I wish you the best of luck on which ever truggy you buy.

Good luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossoh10

Top plate on rc8t is aluminum
steering rack on rc8t is aluminum
stock knuckles are fine ive never broken one
hinge pin braces are the revised ones and the chassis is notched out for support....
and i run a rc8 buggy i have only bent a first run original plate and actualy ive ran it that way for about 4 months i just changed to a kingheadz one today

get some facts straight before you knock a truck completly
Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
Top plate on rc8t is aluminum
steering rack on rc8t is aluminum
stock knuckles are fine ive never broken one
hinge pin braces are the revised ones and the chassis is notched out for support....
and i run a rc8 buggy i have only bent a first run original plate and actualy ive ran it that way for about 4 months i just changed to a kingheadz one today

get some facts straight before you knock a truck completly
dude, chill. his facts are straight. you may have had good luck with yours, and that's great! but the fact is most people have had issues until they change at least the hinge pin holders to king headz or m2c.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

can someone who has a RC8T let me test drive one at Revelation Raceway? I would like to see how it different from my X2 and to see if it worth it for me to jump over to it.

thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twotan
can someone who has a RC8T let me test drive one at Revelation Raceway? I would like to see how it different from my X2 and to see if it worth it for me to jump over to it.

thanks
my rc8t will be running tuesday you can try it anytime, but i know your not gonna jump ship..........
Old 09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

bought a rc8t coming from st rr raced this weekend the truggy is very fast faster then my st rr but question durability also i seen a x2 the other day and if had all sorts of problems did not seem as fast as the rc8t and did not make it in most of his heats or the main that is why i went with the associated just another opinion
Old 09-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

a lot also has to do with preparation and assembly. a newbe is most likely gonna have issues with his truck on a first build simply because they lack experience and the knowledge it takes to make one of these bullet proof. we all know of places we do certain things on our vehicles based on problems in the past. newbe's don't have that luxury and are usually the first to complain that their new vehicle is a pile of crap. (not pointing the finger at anyone here, just talking about some of the newbes.)
Old 09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

ok so im technically a newb as far as building kits and was wondering wat some of yall did to "bulletproof" your jammin. The reason i say jammin is because that one is the one im leaning toward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.