Wiki Posts
Search

Team Thunder RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I'll be honest I like v2's from the standpoint of they are easy on the comm and you can get several runs out of them, but they are a pain to work on and solder in your car...

I also still run Ti motors...

DC Motorsports winds some really good stuff and he's real quick about getting the product to you. Curtis' work is top notch.

Team Br00d also does good work and their arms are top notch also. They take the time to go the extra mile weld the tabs instead of just solder and polish the stacks. However you will have to wait a little longer with them.

Those are the only two companies I'd consider buying from and both you can specify what exact winds you want or you can have them give you some suggestions.

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
i agree what Michael say V2 endbell really give you a hard time to solder your wire to the copper tube if you using 30 watt soldering gun. as i using Hakko 936 also sometime would not able to let it stick on the tube. and i make me change my soldering gun to 80watt in order to let it solder well.

i was using V2 based as well all the time because even u using lower turn you no need to always true the comm just to maintain the performance. i had a few order with Dc as well curtis really do well job i just send few pic of the track and he already have some idea of which patern to wind. i really very happy with dc motor.

about the team brood i heard some rumors that their comm have problem people have only few run only the comm head broke out?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have 5 or 6 Br00d arms and have not had any problems with them at all and they run great...
Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Just a quick note. I will be making decisions on the sponsorships this week.

I will email those that will receive a sponsorship by Monday.

BTW everyone that receives a sponsorship will be listed on my sponsorship page so I'll need a pic of you and your car.

I will eventually have a sponsored driver login on my site, but for now you will have to email me for your orders to get the discount.

Thanks

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'll be honest I like v2's from the standpoint of they are easy on the comm and you can get several runs out of them, but they are a pain to work on and solder in your car...
Yeah, For MOD I ran V2. Needed very little maintenance and last for a while. Last season I ran 10x1 on 1/12 scale, I remember I probably cut the comm a few times in a month for club races.

I have to agree soldering the wire is a bit too hard as far as the motor tab is concern. Being in awkward position when installed in the car.

But I don't have heating problem. I am using Metcal soldering station. It has Metcal´s patented heating technology provides accurate heat and rapid thermal recovery. From the cold tip to the solder melting point under 3 sec.

I just have some car trouble lately. My instrument cluster in my minivan kept losing its power. I had to bang it really hard on the dashboard. Perhaps some lose wires harnesses or the crack on the circuit board somewhere between the body control module and dashboard. I may have to drop it off at the dealer. I didn’t feel like mess with the dashboard, didn’t want the air bags to pop in my face.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Komkit,
I have used one of those soldering irons...they are AWESOME. Where did you get yours?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

that's a nice soldering station

sorry to hear about your car troubles..

I guess that win this weekend with the Thunder RC Atlas 19 turn and IB3800's sure made your weekend better Congrats on the finish.

I ran out of time today so I'll email you tomorrow with the info we discussed today.

Thanks,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

BTW to everyone that applied for sponsorship, I will do my best to get the emails out to everyone Monday night.

I will post here when the emails are sent.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Arun,

Give me a call tomorrow if you get a chance need to talk to you about some MuchMore stuff

Thanks,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Arun
Komkit,
I have used one of those soldering irons...they are AWESOME. Where did you get yours?
Arun,

Yeah, Metcal is a cool soldering station. I paid through the nose though even with corporate discounts. I got mine about 3 years ago from www.techni-tool.com

I generally don’t carry this to the racetrack, not for club races anyway. They are too big and bulky, for big event 2 or 3 days I might.

My regular station is PACE ST-45, its has some very nice features like Programmable temperature setback; Auto-off/power down and so on. The price is 5 times cheaper then Metcal MX series. Techni-tool have them for $119 plus $26 for the 3/16 tips (5 pack).

If you are looking for a new soldering station. I'd recomment PACE ST-45 we use a lot of them at work.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

that's a nice soldering station

sorry to hear about your car troubles..

I guess that win this weekend with the Thunder RC Atlas 19 turn and IB3800's sure made your weekend better Congrats on the finish.

I ran out of time today so I'll email you tomorrow with the info we discussed today.

Thanks,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

BTW to everyone that applied for sponsorship, I will do my best to get the emails out to everyone Monday night.

I will post here when the emails are sent.
Yeah, I’ll have to drop the van off at dealer tomorrow.

Yes, indeed. Combining Thunder RC Atlas 19T, Thunder RC IB3800 and Much More CM sure did put me on the map.

The IB3800 was great especially the 2nd run. Not many people at my local hang out knew or seen Atlas in action. I’m sure after they saw what Atlas 19T, IB3800 and MMCM can do they probably gone home and starts some researching.

Though in the main I wasn’t the fastest car on the track. I was dead last after the tone, got some BEEP-BEEP right after the tone, so I went from qualified 2nd to last – thing happen.

After that I went into a panic mode but Thunder RC Motor and Pack gave me juice and power that I didn’t have to worry about it.

So I drove hard didn’t have to think about anything but concentrate on clean driving. Paid off though.

Thanks again.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Arun
Komkit,

BTW the MMCM charging profile posted on Nexus racing website works really well with IB3800.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
Though in the main I wasn’t the fastest car on the track. I was dead last after the tone, got some BEEP-BEEP right after the tone, so I went from qualified 2nd to last – thing happen.
I wasn't even there. Atleast someone was filling in for me
Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastasu2
I wasn't even there. Atleast someone was filling in for me

Uh-oh, we have a spy

Your charger is ready I'll be there on Sat.

Oh, did someone told you that Thunder RC Atlas 19T was fast?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Those eXpress guys are sneaky... watch out komkit they'll be in your pits and next thing you know your motor blows up and your car is missing screws

That's what the "You've been Tagged" phrase really stands for HAHA

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Those eXpress guys are sneaky... watch out komkit they'll be in your pits and next thing you know your motor blows up and your car is missing screws

That's what the "You've been Tagged" phrase really stands for HAHA

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

Mike I got it yesterday, THX
Old 07-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
Uh-oh, we have a spy

Your charger is ready I'll be there on Sat.

Oh, did someone told you that Thunder RC Atlas 19T was fast?

No I was talking about getting you in the first corner

Ok, I will try to see if anyone is going up there Sat, and hook up with you. Wife has a baby shower to go to and I get to watch the little one. I will hook up with you one way or another though. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.