Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Should I get a Slash, Blitz, or SC10?  Does it really matter? >

Should I get a Slash, Blitz, or SC10? Does it really matter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I get a Slash, Blitz, or SC10? Does it really matter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Should I get a Slash, Blitz, or SC10? Does it really matter?

just getting into the hobby and looking to get a used one. Does it really matter which one I get? I have read the various reviews on all three (and the losi). But in the end can't any of the three win a race? I have no bias towards any of the companies. I have found a blitz for $150 and a Slash for $125, nothing on the SC10 yet. So, I figure why not just get the cheapest, assuming it hasn't been bashed to death and even then if it has i figure I can get parts for it.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default How Much Racing...

Originally Posted by racingman
just getting into the hobby and looking to get a used one. Does it really matter which one I get? I have read the various reviews on all three (and the losi). But in the end can't any of the three win a race? I have no bias towards any of the companies. I have found a blitz for $150 and a Slash for $125, nothing on the SC10 yet. So, I figure why not just get the cheapest, assuming it hasn't been bashed to death and even then if it has i figure I can get parts for it.

Thanks.
So let me ask you how much racing vs bashing do you plan to do with the truck...

Slash - Great bashing truck and good performer on the track. They have many slash only classes as well as the short course class. The slash can be competitive and win at the club level, it is the cheapest on parts and probably the most durable, but least capable of the three on the track.

Blitz - Good truck for bashing but not as durable as a slash, still good and seems to be a more competitive truck on the track the the slash as well. Parts are a bit more expensive than the slash, but still very reasonable.

SC10 - This is the best of the three on the track as far as handling and racing, again the blitz set up right is good as well, but this would be the least durable truck for bashing and will break the most often in a bashing environment.

Parts Support - Blitz would most likely have the least parts support at local hobby stores, as the SC10 and Slash typically has great parts support which is something to always consider.

Final thoughts... You could not go wrong with any of the three, if you are going to be bashing 80% of the time, go with the slash, if you are going to be racing more than bashing go with the Blitz or SC10. Any of the trucks and win on any given day depending on driver and setup.

Note: Durability of trucks tends to vary and is highly based on personal opinion and my personal experience with a few different SC trucks.

Good Luck and regardless which one you get... Enjoy...
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by racingman

Thanks.
I am new to the hobby as well. I purchased my SC10 back in March '10. I have had no problems with it as far as breaking anything. I know of a couple of racers that have the Blitz and they for some reason are having breaking problems. i.e. tranny locks up, broken ball joints. Things along those lines.

I still have not met anyone with a Slash 2wd. We do have some Slash 4X4's at our local track. They seem to be doing well.

Again, this is just from my experience. I really like my SC10.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try to Find a Kyosho Ultima SC...you wont be let down !
Old 07-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mangler64
I am new to the hobby as well. I purchased my SC10 back in March '10. I have had no problems with it as far as breaking anything. I know of a couple of racers that have the Blitz and they for some reason are having breaking problems. i.e. tranny locks up, broken ball joints. Things along those lines.

I still have not met anyone with a Slash 2wd. We do have some Slash 4X4's at our local track. They seem to be doing well.

Again, this is just from my experience. I really like my SC10.
Glad you are having good luck with the SC10s, they are a great truck as well and are very durable. Seems everyone has good and bad luck with different brands... I think all things being equal, they are all pretty darn good...
Old 07-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
Try to Find a Kyosho Ultima SC...you wont be let down !
I would second that from a performance aspect, best SC on the market thus far for 2 wheel drive short course...
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Sc10

I love my sc10 and will never sell it,like he said up top the sc10 doesn't like bashing but on the track is the best 2wd sc on the market.On mine i use the jconcepts goosebumps tires to take care of my grip issues,I use a traxxas vxl waterproof system because our track gets a little wet,And use the turnigy 5000mah 2s lipo's because they only cost 25 bucks and have lasted me over a year now with no signs of puffing.Great truck.You will not regret it if you get one.You can make it more durable with front and rear rpm a-arms,Strc rear bearing carriers,and strc front caster blocks and steering spindles.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I have had the Blitz since the end of April. I bash and go to the track but not competitively. I have not broken a single part on the truck and it has taken some very awkward landings and I have crashed it into the curb several times, when i lost sight of it.

My next door neighbor is 10 and he has the slash and he beats the crap out of it and he hasn't broken any parts on his either and he's had a year. So they both are very durable. I think it comes down to whether or not you'll be racing or not
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Bashing=slash Racing=SC10
Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I hate this kind of thread, everyone just tells you that the truck they have is the best and never breaks or that this truck is a basher or that truck is the best racer. If you're just starting out in RC you don't need to worry about any of that, get the truck that you like the best or can afford and be sure you can get parts for it. Every truck breaks, every truck needs some kind of hop up to make it work better and be more reliable, any truck can win if it's set up right and the driver is up to it, especially at the club level.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Have all of the above

Have all of the above, have won races with all of them. depends on class you race in and the track. We run spec for slash and mod for everything else SCT. in the mod class, go with blitz, interchangable tires with traxxas and Kyosho. meaning more wheel selection and interchangable hop ups. If you only plan on just getting one truck and never buying another. SC10 it uses SAE tools and it is the most agressive truck I have driven. I just hate having extra tools for it when all the other companies use metric. hope that helps with your search.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I love the slash. Ive had for over a year stock and only broke an a arm out of pure carelessness
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had my slash about 6 months now and have only broken one shock cap, and that was t boning a snow drift at FULL speed