Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya M05 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
Huh. Looks to me like the chassis may be unitized from the front all the way to the rear arm mounts/shock tower area. If so, gearbox maintenance could be very complex. Anybody able to give us a shot of the bottom?
It is not because there are wheelbase changing inserts you can install between the halves to that will be included with the M05R allowing you to use the short, medium and long wheelbase bodies.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Ask and ye shall receive.
Those are some clean images! Its looking better and better. And I see bearings in the bell crank system aswell.

Looks like a M1 meets the TL01
Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

after all these years Tamiya has gone full circle and back to the M01 design.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

M05 Promo Video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpqwmBcD7I
Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just noticed another little change: The upper control arms are straight, rather than staggered like the old ones.

Jim
Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony gray

You'd think they would at least change the decal set that comes with the M05 Cooper kit... Tamiya must really like the number 32.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It is not because there are wheelbase changing inserts you can install between the halves to that will be included with the M05R allowing you to use the short, medium and long wheelbase bodies.
Yes, I understand there are spacers to accommodate the different wheelbase lengths. Note I said 'to the rear arm mounts', as others on this thread have speculated that that is where the spacers will go.

But the current chassis splits aft of the battery pack & the pics don't show if that is still the case on the M05. If indeed the main chassis goes all the way back to the rear arm mounts -where the spacers are- then splitting the cases to get at/replace the gears is going to be much more complex than it is with the M03. Hence my request for a bottom shot that- hopefully- gives us some idea of whether that is the case.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Having rear arm spacers on the M05 would be a good thing, because in the promo video the wheelbase looked a few mm too short for the mini shell and 60D tyres.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by panda racer
Having rear arm spacers on the M05 would be a good thing, because in the promo video the wheelbase looked a few mm too short for the mini shell and 60D tyres.
If that's the case then its the same wheelbase as the M3. Because I find the only correct chassis for the mini is the M1. The M1 is dead on good fit for the Mini.

I've even went thru the trouble to cut the rear a-arms and put spacers to bump the wheelbase a couple MM to around 212/3MM with that trick the wheels really match the wheel-wells very well.

Can't wait till this thing comes out
Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panda racer
They look like that for a specific reason.

With zero degree toe-in blocks on the car you'll find they line up perfectly, but as soon as you put 3 degree toe-in blocks on it pivots the wheel centre relative to the chassis and causes the strange appearance.

The wheel is in fact in the correct position, it's just turned in ever so slightly so it looks like it isn't.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm sold on the m05 already. The main question for me is whether I should get the pro version or the kit with esc and body instead. Which do you think is the better deal since I can move some of my m03 hop ups anyway???
Old 05-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
I'm sold on the m05 already. The main question for me is whether I should get the pro version or the kit with esc and body instead. Which do you think is the better deal since I can move some of my m03 hop ups anyway???
If I were you ill get the pro and get another body. You'll have your two cars ready to race.

That's what I'm going to do. I have a new body for the m05pro and I have my beat-up race M03R.

If you wanna strip your M3 for this new car its on you.

Also getting the m05pro you'll get all the bearings and small little nic-nacs, such as oil shocks and heavy duty servo saver and bearings in the stearing system.

I'm sure the M05 kit will need parts your M3 doesn't have.

Or you could just buy the kit and build a race car lol might take two times more money then to just buy the pro
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyde
If I were you ill get the pro and get another body. You'll have your two cars ready to race.

That's what I'm going to do. I have a new body for the m05pro and I have my beat-up race M03R.

If you wanna strip your M3 for this new car its on you.

Also getting the m05pro you'll get all the bearings and small little nic-nacs, such as oil shocks and heavy duty servo saver and bearings in the stearing system.

I'm sure the M05 kit will need parts your M3 doesn't have.

Or you could just buy the kit and build a race car lol might take two times more money then to just buy the pro

Yeah I get you. As with all things Tamiya, the basic kits get more expensive than the R or pro versions to hop up. Oh well, good thing I have a spare ABC Datsun 510 body waiting in storage.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Does anyone know an exact date this car comes out? Is that released yet?

Last edited by Hyde; 05-17-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

I painted this body using some raddle cans laying around. Ill be using this for the m05! Don't mind the front bodypost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.