Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mini-z qualitty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default mini-z qualitty?

i'm thinking about getting ones to mess around with when it rains outside and to let my little bro play with because he always wants to use my tc3 but i would take to much of a chance if i let him but anyway are these things like xmods? plastic bushings instead of bearing, loose fits etc.?
i'm gonna get one of the racers for 100 not the new ones for 150 that have the built in brake, i figure thats an extra 50 in my pocket i can use to get a new motor or something, with mini-z can you do mods like you can with x-mods like the adding cells mod for more speed? and how come i see some with this one shock rite on top going lengthwise with the car when you take the body off and other mini-z dont have a top shock like that
thanks,
Old 10-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

you can modify the crap out of a mini z everything alloy/fast motors/esc/batteries/miltishocks/bearings/diff components/carbon parts/ti screws/ alloy wheels/bodies/exaust pipes/even head and brake lights ive included a pic of a fully dun up mini z ..............sorry about the size
Attached Thumbnails mini-z qualitty?-mtchassis%5D.jpg  
Old 10-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Which mini z are you thinking about? I think the F1 cars look like alot of fun.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think he is talking about the tc version but the f1 does look sick
Old 10-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

wow that mini is pimped' yea i'm gonna get the racer its not gonna have the new esc with the brake feature but thats okay right? i dont think it will make that much of a diffrence?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah its preety cool its not mine tho .............i have 1 but its not running a friend was going to throw it out so i said ill take it so i have a standard mini z with no motor/esc/servo its just a rolling chassis im thinking of geting a new 1 buy my xrzy whould like some money spent on her so thats where the moolah goesthe brake thing wont matter you dont need it anyway....................it whouldent bother me
Old 10-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

yea thats what i figured, i dont plan to spend to much on it maybe just a faster motor and springs and stuff that is cheap but will still effect steering and power for the better
Old 10-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

another mini-z that is awesome is the monster truck version. looks quite fun!
Old 10-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default I highly recommend you get the newer model.

Besides, the braking the battery configuration makes them much less likely to traction roll. Supposedly, they also are less prone to glitching but in the environment I use them I don't have that problem with either.

I second the plug for the F1 series. A couple of them are down to $110 now, at TowerHobbies. Add a bit to your order (to get to $150) and use the 10% off coupon.

At this point, if I was to go cheap an buy the older MR01, I'd get a iWaver. They are an exact Chinese copy (rumored to be licensed by Kyosho) that can be found on Ebay for about $35 shipped. They take every Mini-Z mod. Out of the box they are slower but you can buy the performance motor for much less than a stock Mini-Z. I bought 3 of them off Ebay for the price of one Mini-Z.

You can dump as much money into modding a Mini-Z as you can a bigger RC. You can replace just about everything with aluminum and purchase ball diffs, higher output motors, fet upgrades, small li/ion cells, soft rubbers and foams...etc.

I'd also recommend you pick up a couple of them. They are a blast to race and, like you said, you can race your family and friends in your own living room. Quite addicting.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

"In Stock Frequencies for Kyosho Porsche 911 GT-3 Silver Mini-Z
Surface: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6"

what frequencie should i get, yeah i'm gonna get the mr01 i dont car is mr02 is out its not like i'm gonna get all seriouse with it and go race it in tourneys
Old 10-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

should it matter what freq you are on just chek with your mates that live close to make sure they dont have the same freq .................................cos the last thing you want is to see your mates serpent 710 rocket past you at 100kph+ with you mate running after it and see it smash into a brick wall and explode into a million pieces
Old 10-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

true true
Old 10-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

the cool thing is my lhs stocks up on mini z parts like no other even tho no1 races them[wish they whould] they carry every part for it and every time i go there theres a different kid bying some random part once i saw a kid in there with a mini z prety simler to the one pictured above it was crazy the thing waighd a ton but man it was shiny and he said it keeps up with a 540 tourer in my mind thats prety slow but for a mini z to go that fast then it must be good
Old 10-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

electric touring cars are very fast even with a 19t in them, i think i would have to see that little thing keep up to belive it!

whats the most powerfull motor i can drop in a mini with out haveing to do that potetially diasterest fet mod?
Old 10-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

why is the handleing better on the f-1 mini-z? if i get a f-1 can i use a racer body on it, is it the same chassis and stuff as the racer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.