Great movie to watch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Great movie to watch

Just saw this Movie:

Facing the Giants.

I have to say this jumped to the top of my favorite movies. It delivers a great message to those up against things they don't know how to get through.

I love this movie. I praise the Lord for giving us such influential movies. It is also inspiring. Alex Kendrick made a great movie.

Anyone else watch this film?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:45 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Default I liked it as well

Yep I saw it as well...
I liked it very much, my wife and I are big movie fans and its nice to watch one with Christian life's in it. I got it out as Cmotif suggested to me that it was a good movie...
Some of the acting could improve but Christian movies are defiantly getting much better...
I found the whole blessings side of things went a little over the top but I guess if your trying to get that message across and you only have a short movie to do it in then that's what you do...

I like another movie called Joshua as well...
Old 07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It is a great movie.
Our church got to see it before it went to theaters...

The whole Bible Collection is really good...a bit pricey but you can buy it used.
Here is a link..
http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Collecti...4457277&sr=8-1
I believe it has Joshua in it as well....
Very close to the WORD..they did take a few artistic liberties but the message comes through.

-Shookie
Old 07-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own it. Very good movie. I highly recommend it.

C
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I bought it as well
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Deleted

Last edited by Cmotif; 03-20-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: trolling
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default HELLO all

I have taken some time to read this form first off it is nice to see this type of form. I had no idea it was even around.
My wife and I have to agree on what is being said about the movie, We saw it at a time when we were not sure on something and by watcing the movie IT did help and showed hope, Well things came out out ok but we were concern at the time. Since those days we have pick up all 3 of them facing the Gaints. Fly wheel and just pick up about a month or so ago fire proof. All 3 are GOOD moives to watch and were hoping there will others that will come out in the future. DON and Diane MacDonald
Portland Oregon.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Facing the Giants is a great movie!
Another title by the same movie making company is Fireproof!
Did you guys/gals see that one?

Also, if you haven't read The Shack........ Do it! UR missing out!

Be blessed my brothers and sisters!

J
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Facing the Giants is a great movie, I agree! Sure, the acting could be better but considering that all of the actors are members of the church creating the movie I'll cut them some slack. This is the ministry of a church in Georgia, their second attempt was Fireproof which you can tell is more produced and better funded from the success of Facing the Giants. Kirk Cameron starred in it for free if I remember right. If you liked Facing the Giants you will also love Fireproof.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sandfarmer
Facing the Giants is a great movie, I agree! Sure, the acting could be better but considering that all of the actors are members of the church creating the movie I'll cut them some slack. This is the ministry of a church in Georgia, their second attempt was Fireproof which you can tell is more produced and better funded from the success of Facing the Giants. Kirk Cameron starred in it for free if I remember right. If you liked Facing the Giants you will also love Fireproof.
The same church ministry made another movie after Facing the Giants, it was called Flywheel. It was about a used car salesman, I haven't seen it but heard it was good!
http://www.facingthegiants.com/
Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

All three (Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof) are awesome movies!!! I would have to say that Fireproof is my personal favorite, though. It's so nice to have some movies that you can sit the family down to watch and know that their won't be anything you have to mute or censor, and that when it's over, you probably have a tear or two in your eye, and don't feel like you just wasted 2 hours of your life. Basically, movies that I feel like if Jesus happened to walk in while I was watching it, I could invite Him to have a seat and join us and not have to be ashamed!!

I hope the Kendricks are working hard on another one.....GOOD STUFF!!!!

Another good one is Faith Like Potatoes. Great movie, and based on a true story.

Brad