Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Someone stole my pit bag at silverstate! >

Someone stole my pit bag at silverstate!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Someone stole my pit bag at silverstate!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is there anything distinguishable on that bag? maybe if you post a pic someone may notice it at another event or a track or ebay/craigslist? I really hope you find your tools and all the other stuff. I remember how frustrated I was when I forgot a few of my tools at home when racing at an out of state event.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Man theres no mistake about having someone elses equipment. I found a cheap PE temp gun on the track itself that worked and I turned it in. I use those temp guns and I know it was not mine so that means it belongs to someone else... There is no mistake when its not your stuff.
there have been a couple mistakes at the nitro pit, lots of racers your bound to have the same part w/ the same wrap or the same starter box etc. ive grabbed the wrong box once, someones took my exergen gun, everything went back to the right owner(thankfully) but miistakes do happen
Old 03-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry to hear that bro! My buddy had the same thing happen at the PNBIII this year, his exergen was lifted from his pit bag at track side, his pitman walked away long enough to walk 20 ft or so and turn around,... and gone!! What is the matter with people!!
Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
you also have to consider that it could be a legitimate mistake.
I mean really, who wants a "husky" bag?? Glo plug? wrench?
It was probably a mistake.
Not much risk reward there my friend.
I have picked up the wrong starter box before and figured it out before i left.
just maybe he thought your buggy was in it. WHo ever got it was probably pissed when he opened it.
Jeez, maybe if frogs had wings.

This really concerns me.
Having a few thousand bucks of small items sitting in a pit that can fit in a few pockets is a overwhelming temptation for a scumbag.
I will be planing on having my stuff locked up when my pit is unattended.
Sad really, but it's the world we live in.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toofless
sorry for your loss dreaux who would pay 625. for a temp gun?lol
FYI I got the same one at a pawn shop for 90 bucks. Keep them eyes open.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Luckily the track is pretty close to my house, about 5 minutes, so i go by there on a regular hoping that who ever stole it will show up with it like a dumbass! I've also been checking Craigs list to see if they are trying to sell it. I would anyone who races often to really keep an eye on your stuff and use and engraver and engrave almost everything that can be engraved. I've pretty much engraved everything thing I have now, from my starter boxes to all the way down to my tuning screwdrivers. It sucks that someone would steel my shit that I worked so hard to get but I guess they don't believe in Carma like me. What comes around goes around! thanks for the support though guys!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I don't trust nobody. Thing is if i see a thief stealing i will blast them with my starter box. no lie.

Too many people have their nice rides with money and time invested.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

That kinda shit just pisses me off. Really pisses me off. You know we all talk crap and give each other hard times being competitive, but at a track we are (for the most part) are good friends. Its sad that ONE person one apple can spoil the bunch. I swear. Sorry for you lost bro, that really sucks.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
That kinda shit just pisses me off. Really pisses me off. You know we all talk crap and give each other hard times being competitive, but at a track we are (for the most part) are good friends. Its sad that ONE person one apple can spoil the bunch. I swear. Sorry for you lost bro, that really sucks.
+1

Unfortunately that's part of these big races there's always a chance...that's why i make sure to try and put everything in my bag(not to say people won't go in your pit bag if they really wanted something but It makes me feel safer) I also make sure that when I am pitting/using someones tools to put them back in their bag or hand it to them personally so there is no confusion.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

hard earned money down the drain that's really frustrating never been to a big event but shouldn't the promoter provide some type of security
Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
hard earned money down the drain that's really frustrating never been to a big event but shouldn't the promoter provide some type of security
theres nothing security could do. even if you know who did it theres nothing anybody could do (heck, probably even the cops) if it doesnt have your name on it, and its stolen. youre screwed

although if you know who did it, forget the cops. then you can get some street justice
Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Even if they hire 20 amry guards they can not stop it, with so many little things laying around plus you dont know whos what where when. alot of stuff. We all need to beat the crap out of the next person caught doing it to let them know we racers will not stand for it. It will be a pain in the but if we had to put all our stuff up every race.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
Even if they hire 20 amry guards they can not stop it, with so many little things laying around plus you dont know whos what where when. alot of stuff. We all need to beat the crap out of the next person caught doing it to let them know we racers will not stand for it. It will be a pain in the but if we had to put all our stuff up every race.
i keep my pit space clean for this exact reason. i always put my tools back after i use them, and try not to keep random stuff out in the open. that way theres nothing out tempting anybody to take it
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Just put NRA stickers all over your stuff.