Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Setup info needed for Kyosho KF01 nitro f1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Can anyone tell us how much shipping ran for the car? I've heard numbers as high as the low $80 range.

Scott
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kf01 shipping

From Banzai $50.74 to Seattle (For Kf01 and 2 speed) as of end of February. Depends on the exchange rate of course.

If you set up an account and do a purchase (but don't check out) it will give you shipping costs.
They have the instructions on the web site.

Last edited by Mercc11; 02-28-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Rich, I don't want to hack the car in anyway so I'll probably end up with the Kyosho one from Banzai if I can't find a narrower one anywhere else that fits the bill.

Can anyone recommend another starter box that fits / works OK?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzzz
Thanks Rich, I don't want to hack the car in anyway so I'll probably end up with the Kyosho one from Banzai if I can't find a narrower one anywhere else that fits the bill.

Can anyone recommend another starter box that fits / works OK?
Hi Fritzzz and NutDriver,
Have you put together your kf01's yet? I would be interested to hear if you had any problems etc.

-Rich
Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't made a start as yet, was trying to sort out the starter box issue before I got too excited plus I want to order a cheap 2.4GHz radio and servo too.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

Is there away to start the car without a starter box as i dont have one atm. But i want to get this beast going. !!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm still thinking about it.........
Old 05-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Starting car without starter box

Originally Posted by pokiou
Hey guys,

Is there away to start the car without a starter box as i dont have one atm. But i want to get this beast going. !!
No, the motor does not have a pull starter or any way to spin the motor over with out the using something to rotate the flywheel. Bonsai hobbies has a starter box for $35 that is made for the KF01.

-Rich
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

SO finally my R246 starter box arrived and i got the car going. HOWEVER its running really rich and i cant for the life of my figure out how to adjust it if i let it idle it spits fuel out the back and i run out of fuel pretty quickly
Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Racer-rich
Great thanks, I will order a ball diff set from them today. I was breaking-in my kf01 at the local race track and several racers now want one as well. My local hobby store is going to try and get 4 kf01 kits for them. We are going to try and get a race class going here in Northern California.
Thanks again for all of for your help!
-Rich
Would be great to see Norcal have a class for this. They could have run it in the upcoming Nitro series.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor tuneup

Originally Posted by pokiou
SO finally my R246 starter box arrived and i got the car going. HOWEVER its running really rich and i cant for the life of my figure out how to adjust it if i let it idle it spits fuel out the back and i run out of fuel pretty quickly
Hi,
This motor has two adjustment needles, the main fuel needle and the idle adjustment needle. The motor from the factory is set a little on the rich side for engine breakin reasons. Please see the engine breakin thread at the top of the threads page for good info on how to do the proper engine breakin. Depending on the nitro percentage of the fuel that you are using and the air density of your local area the main fuel needle will end up being set between 1 3/4 to 4 turns out from closed position. The higher the nitro % in the fuel the more turns out for the fuel needle will be required to get the proper air/fuel mixture. Also the hotter the air temperature the less fuel is needed an so the needle should be turned clockwise to adjust. The needle should be adjusted in very small amounts as it is very sensitive (think of a clock face sitting on top of the needle and make needle adjustments of only two hours each time you turn the needle). For example, I am using 16% nitro fuel and my needle is set at 1 3/4 turns out from fully closed.

The main fuel needle is next to the air intake facing upward. The idle adjustment needle is located on the right hand side of the carb near the engine heatsink. Turn the main fuel needle clockwise to close and counterclockwise to open. For the idle adjustments turn the idle needle clockwise to increase idle speed.

The idle needle should be set so that the engine does not cause the clutch to engage or move the wheels, but fast enough to keep the engine from stalling or stoping while the radio is at full brake. Be sure to use the idle needle to make this adjustment and not the trim on your radio. Also do these adjustments while the engine is at running temperature.

Good luck,
-Rich
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ride tyres - I'm going to order some more bits from Banzai and can get tyres for nothing extra shipping wise

Was thinking of these:
http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...3-rubber-tires
http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...3-rubber-tires
http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...er-tire-type-a
http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...er-tire-type-a

I assume Type A's are softer as they are for a low-med surface?

Any other comments?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Do you know if a 12 size engine will fit in there? I know it will probably be overkill, but I really want to see how it will act with a modified 12
Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Do you know if a 12 size engine will fit in there? I know it will probably be overkill, but I really want to see how it will act with a modified 12
Hi,
I am sure that it is possible to install a .12 size motor in the car, however you will need to create a lot of custom stuff to cram it in. For example the motor bolts directly to the chassis and so you would need to machine a custom set of motor mounts to attach the .12 motor to the chassis. You would also need to make your own exhaust system to fit under the body as the normal .12 exhaust systems go out the side and into a much larger pipe.
Personally I think that there is more than enough power for the car in the .09 engine and you could still modify the .09 engine to get some more power if you want. The trade off being that your fuel mileage will be a lot less (small fuel tank compared to a .12 sedan's).

-Rich
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Racer-rich
Hi,
I am sure that it is possible to install a .12 size motor in the car, however you will need to create a lot of custom stuff to cram it in. For example the motor bolts directly to the chassis and so you would need to machine a custom set of motor mounts to attach the .12 motor to the chassis. You would also need to make your own exhaust system to fit under the body as the normal .12 exhaust systems go out the side and into a much larger pipe.
Personally I think that there is more than enough power for the car in the .09 engine and you could still modify the .09 engine to get some more power if you want. The trade off being that your fuel mileage will be a lot less (small fuel tank compared to a .12 sedan's).

-Rich
I figred that. Just wonderin since i have an old engine sitting around. What kind of fuel mileage are you getting out of that 09 and tank combo? With the current crop lipo and brushless motors F1 run times arent limited to 5-6 min like back in the days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.