Old 03-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

???
Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Carlton just called and said Paul LeMieux won Touring Car, and Tosolini won 1/8th scale.
speaking of tosolini, sucks that he wrecked his touring car, he was running well. in 1/8th scale he was in a league of his own.

by the way, anyone see the mini-t running on the track after the races :P
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess for this Event nobody cares to share the results or tell us anything.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

No kidding, i cant find anything on the race.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Be patient guys. Hopefully we'll see some results and pics in the next few days. Some people do have a life outside of R/C. Let's give these guys a chance to catchup.

There were a lot of good intentions as far as promoting this race and trying to get some type of live broadcast. Sometimes things don't go as planned.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks for the info DJ. I hope you guys figure out how to fix the tire wear issue.

I have my suspicions as to why Team XRAY is not having the tire wear issue.
We started the 10 minute qul. at 62mm and was on the rim at the 10 minute mark!

I think the Xray cars are really efficient as well.

Mark

Last edited by MBlackketter; 03-25-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

LeMieux dominated touring car, he won every round of qualifying and all 3 of the AAA mains.

The track was right next to the 'real' track, so nobody could talk on their phones from the pits.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

As Doug said, it was imposible to talk trough cell phones at the track, I just arrived from my flight wuth 3 hours delay I will try to post some pictures.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

First I would like to thank Jeff,Carlton,and Mike Alexander for making this race possible.....

I have been in this industry for years and this by far is the best way possible to Promote this hobby...it was INCREDIBLE how many spectators we had watching including the head of Homestead Speedway...He was very impressed!

The race went very well for us at Team RCAMERICA/XRAY..Qualifing 1,3,4 and finishing 1,2,3.....Really great showing for our new car the NT1!

Paul was unstoppable all weekend...with the race being in a spectator area of the grandstands the traction was alot better then I thought it was going to be...The tire wear was alot due to the asphalt...

We ran much bigger tires to deal with that also as Mark said our car seems very efficient on tires.....

All 3 of us(Paul,Ralph, and myself) all started with different set ups and continued to try different changes..due to being a new car we are still learning what everything does so that when the car reaches the shelves of your LHS we will have many helpful tips for everyone...

All of us at RCAMERICA appreciate the hospitality from RC Pro Series,Jeff Vargas, and everyone at Homestead Speedway for a wonderful weekend of not only RC Racing but for all they did to promote this hobby we all love so much.......

I am sure that if this is done at more of these races our hobby will grow like wild fire.....

Barry

BTW...Thanks Carlton for giving breaks so everyone could watch the real cars also...that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

The track was challenging to say the least. And I do not mean the layout. Congrats to the winners. Thank you to the homestead r/c club. John R and crew are doing a great job to keep the R/C seen alive in Miami. With what they were given to work with they did a great job and put a lot of hard work into the track for the Race. We definately had a big crowd watching our mains. It was kinda cool to see people get so into the cars. They were cheering for all the racers. Did not matter who it was. If someone made a pass or crashed and kept going, they got so crazy. Glad to see the people that came, just because they really want to see the sport grow. Again congrats to Paul and Toso for their wins. See you guys in Kissimmee for the regionals.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Great to see you guys had a good time and that the event looks to be a success.
Dissapointing as I was so looking forward to the coverage but hey im sure RC won in the end.

Congrats to all that took part and to those who won and a big hands together for the Guys who put the event together
Great to see guys looking at growing the sport and the interest in RC.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great race!! It was a blast having a huge crowd watching. They were 2-3 deep all around the retaining fence and cheering through the entire racing action.

Carlton was told by the Homestead reps. we we the largest crowd draw outside the grandstands- great exposure for all of us.

Tire wear for everyone was a challenge with 10 minute heats- we cut the warmups from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. I've never run triple A mains, but that was fun as well. My tire bill nearly beat the cost of my airfare, but it was worth it

There was a great deal of courteousy on the part of all racers. I already plan on making the show next year Lets have a larger racer turnout.

Thanks to Art Carbonnell for the set-up advice on the 1/8th and to some new friends made while swapping pitting duties- Thomas, Mike C., Mike W. and Denise C.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A big thank you to Carlton and the entire Pro Series crew as well as all others involved in making this race happen. I have been to many many national races, this being my first gas race ever and I have to say that from the spectator standpoint and drawing new blood this venue is TOPS!!! There must have been easily 400 spectators watching the racing on Saturday. So, yes as far as the hobby is concerned this was a HUGE success. I had at least 30 people ask me how much the cars were, how fast they could go, where they could buy one and so on and so forth.

I'd like to thank Brian Esser for letting me run his Mugen car and lending me ALL of the gear needed to run nitro.(I'm a nitro virgin! LOL!) Jason Bell, Alex Lopez and Gabriel Lopez for all the help and pitting. Also, a big thanks to Team Mugen for their support, Art Carbonell and Andrew D.

Congrats to Paulie and Toso for their wins and to Team Xray for an impressive showing.

Hope to see this event again next year!! Sign me up!!!

P.S. Hey Mark..... D - A - N - I - C - A!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Butter,

Remember:
1) I'am Somebody!
2) Barry "Sanjaya" Baker fills the stands!

Mark
Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Butter,

Remember:
1) I'am Somebody!
2) Barry "Sanjaya" Baker fills the stands!

Mark

LMFAO!!!!

P.S. I'll ge that box out to you no later than Tuesday AM....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.