Wiki Posts
Search

Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

I'm sure we've all had them....I think my biggest to date is when I got my first 1/8 scale buggy...I was changing a steering knuckle on my Storm and I took a hammer and punch and proceeded to beat the pin out of the hub..spent a good 20 minutes cussing and beating before I noticed the set screw holding it in
I seen a buddy of mine drive 3 hours to race and as he was unpacking realized his radio was at home on the kitchen table
So what's yours?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Picked up a new car from under side when it was running the other day & the fat on my palm when up into the spur gear cut out & the spur on that particular car is flush with the bottom of the chassis,new & sharp & has a BIG cutout & now so does my hand.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ive made a lot of what was I thinking comments, like forgetting my fuel, charger, etc. Only one I can think of now is what happen today. I was getting the motor mount screws out from my friend losi muggy. We we at it for 45 minutes. It was a huge hex, and it came with his vehicle but we were using pliers and everything to get it out. Then I asked somone over at my house if he could help, as he was stronger....got it right out. Come to think of it, I was turning the hex wrench the wrong way! Now when I take out screws I always say "lefty loosy righthy tighty".

The one about your friend forgetting his radio is still making me laugh!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Brand new built mrx3 1/8 onroad car [check]
freshly broken in RB C5 Rody Modified engine [check]

Was firing it up out front of my house to show my Uncle what true insanity is [1/8 onroad] and the screws the hold the battery tray in fromt he bottom of the chassis were either loose, or not in at all [dont know, never found any screws]

Guess the battery was just dragging on the street [1/8 onroad sit so low theres no clearance for the battery to get out] until I hit a rock... battery flew out and became disconnected

Fresh built car hadnt put a return spring

WOT down a straight street, in a straight line. at probably 80 mph. you do the math
Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

^ I dont know wh it posted before i finished typing, but yeah car was fine but it ran at full throttle forever, destroyed the motor..so i got to buy ANOTHER c5 rody mod...lol good times.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

it had been raining for some time and i had just got
a new v-spec did the brake in thing and off to the
track i go when i get to the track it was flooded
out but the front straight with a quad jump was
dry so there i go start putting a tune on it running
up and back over the jumps a good 40 feet span
and off to the left is a small lake like 3 feet deep
hit the jump and off in to the lake goes my car
and new v-spec with me in hot persut after like
5 min i find my car in the mud but now after a
total overhall i go back to the same track and
on the same jump yap off goes my car straight
in to the lake os much for my new v-spec
and a 7955tg servo all this in like 3 days time
Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

another of mine...I was running my Savage around and the pipe came off the hanger...So I tuned the radio off and got the wrench to fix it..the phone rang and I forgot that I had turend off the radio in the truck and here I am pretty much sitting on it...I hit the roto-start and it fires up and goes wide open...peeling out in my hand and on my leg.....took off ....hit the neighbors fence and died....tore a nice chunk out of one finger
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

My JP V-spec hit 350 degrees after a flame-out. FML. Lesson learned.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A couple of months ago, I got a brushless system for my indoor carpet 1/10 scale, had been looking forward to getting it for two weeks, spent a couple of hours soldering it together, making sure everything worked right. Drove an hour to the club I race with. Unpacked truck, radio, batteries...and then realized I'd forgotten the motor and ESC at home
Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

done almost all those lol

drove an hour to a club race, forgot my radio AND body. drove back got it and came back to the track and i arrived as my race was warming up. thru the car on with no body clips and somehow the body stayed on the WHOLE race

another one was my dad. he has a lipo in his 1/8th and we drove 1.5 hrs and he forgot it. he ended up havin to buy another one because it was to long of a drive to go back he had no time
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Was marshalling one time for a truggy race. Race was over and picked up a truggy and without thinking stuck my thumb directly over the exhaust to turn it off without thinking. Hurt like hell and was throbing for hours.

Lol. I actually when inside the LHS and stuck my thumb onto the inside of the freezer door for thirty minutes before I was up to race.

Lesson learned. Never will I do that again!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

last night i was putting my revo back together and when i got the diff in i started to spin the spur gear just to make sure no gears were binding up and i noticed the front hubs were spinning backwards. so i took it apart and i had put the front diff in upside down lol i felt like a complete idiot lol
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I started racing RC cars. Didn't seem to learn my lesson yet either... I'm still at it.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The first time I ever rebuilt any shocks(10 years ago), I emptied out the oil into a coke can, I get that all done and put my battery on the charger so I can try them out, anyway, I come back when it finishes, and I spot the coke can forgetting I had emptied into it, grab it and take a nice big mouthful of dirty shock oil.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG RE
The first time I ever rebuilt any shocks(10 years ago), I emptied out the oil into a coke can, I get that all done and put my battery on the charger so I can try them out, anyway, I come back when it finishes, and I spot the coke can forgetting I had emptied into it, grab it and take a nice big mouthful of dirty shock oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.