Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

PSI.. you edited your remark.. why?
Old 04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by warpig
it's the spray bar adjustment.. it moves the venturi position back and forth for different air/fuel flow patterns.. makes minor adjustments to rpm gains... only for very experienced tuners.. you could ruin your engine if you don't tune the whole assembly correctly... easily throw it into a lean setting...
It actually controls the middle range RPM and fuel consumption. The spray bar more inward will lean the middle range RPM and consumes more fuel.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

PSI.. you edited your remark.. why?
I thought twice about bashing that guy.
Instead, I chose just to laugh at the whole story.
That's why I edited my post.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

the plug is a restrictor.. you do not want to remove that... if you do you need to replace it with another size.. the stock one is the best though.. I run a P5 Turbo also.. an 2050 pipe... a novarossi gold 6 turbo plug... not one problem.. the engine is so fast and reliable it's silly... I'd ditch the plug and try another... but, I have never heard of an engine firing up backwards after it was just running correctly

Thx warpig
I will leave the red plug alone and I have ordered 2No Novarossi gold 6 turbo plug's

I'm glad that Psi find's this funny But for me knowing little about 2 Stroke,s It seem's too me that a engine changing direction after running one way to the other would be a worry
and would make sence to talk to people that might be in the know
As it turn's out no one so far has had this happen to them which is good but seem's to make my event seem silly

Any how happlly since then it has'nt happened but I have gone through another glow plug which i think was the wrong one (Os p6) runnig with the rossi 7 till the new one's come
Old 04-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Storm
Thx warpig
I will leave the red plug alone and I have ordered 2No Novarossi gold 6 turbo plug's

I'm glad that Psi find's this funny But for me knowing little about 2 Stroke,s It seem's too me that a engine changing direction after running one way to the other would be a worry
As it turn's out no one so far has had this happen to them which is good but seem's to make my event seem silly

Any how happlly since then it has'nt happened but I have gone through another glow plug which i think was the wrong one (Os p6) runnig with the rossi 7 till the new one's come
Storm,
I'm sorry for laughing at the situation.
What car do you have?
Do you have a car that has reverse?
Maybe it's not the engine and it's your car that's giving you the problem.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thx warpig

It happens, when engine is realy too reach, but it should switch direction back to normal after cranckcase been cleared. Unless there is some "bubu" made during cranckshaft manufacturing-check shaft and compare with other engines.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
It happens, when engine is realy too reach, but it should switch direction back to normal after cranckcase been cleared. Unless there is some "bubu" made during cranckshaft manufacturing-check shaft and compare with other engines.

Thx Top Gun
I have no engine's to compare .
But i've been out with me buggie all morning and it has'nt happened once
I,ve got the engine working how I would like it apart from when I take my finger of the throtal it slowly dies's down to tick over
I've found that after putting after run oil in the carb it returns faster ,Is there any type of oil or grease you can put on this shaft ?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Storm,
I'm sorry for laughing at the situation.
What car do you have?
Do you have a car that has reverse?
Maybe it's not the engine and it's your car that's giving you the problem.

No problem dude
I have a new Kyosho Kanai 3 , novarossi P5T, Futaba S9402's this being my first buggie......... and then seeing the thing go backwards did freak me out after spending near on a thousand pounds on this rig
But I think all is well now
Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

No problem dude
I have a new Kyosho Kanai 3 , novarossi P5T, Futaba S9402's this being my first buggie......... and then seeing the thing go backwards did freak me out after spending near on a thousand pounds on this rig
But I think all is well now
OK, so it's not the car then.
Top Gun 777 said it does happen when it's too rich.
Try leaning it out.
If you need help with leaning it out, I'm sure one of your local guys could help you tune your engine.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on the 4th needle guys. I'm new to nitro and need some help! lol I will leave it as it sits from the factory.

racer-oZ
Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Glow Plug chart

Anyone know where to get the info on Novarossi turbo plugs. I've seen it before where it lists all the plugs and it's characteristics with part #. Instead of going to the LHS and saying I need a medium plug blah blah blah. I'd like the specific plug number.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

glad to hear someone else running a turbo.. mine is unbeliebable.. I have a P5T... just an amazing engine..

I've been running the novarossi C6TGF plug.. it is a high end version of the novarossi 6 turbo plug.. it did run smoother after I replaced the stock one with it... good luck
Old 04-18-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default JP NS 12 3 PORT

Can someone please help
i need to know where to set all the carb needles as a starting
point as i have touched all the adjustments & having problems
now (lost) getting back to a starting point.
Thanks
Old 04-18-2004, 10:30 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Glow Plug chart

Originally posted by mckrooz
Anyone know where to get the info on Novarossi turbo plugs. I've seen it before where it lists all the plugs and it's characteristics with part #. Instead of going to the LHS and saying I need a medium plug blah blah blah. I'd like the specific plug number.
http://www.novarossi.it/accessori_ing/candele.html
Old 04-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Novarossi Top TSR12S3

Hi guys,

wonder what is the TSR12S3 ...is it the same a NSR12S3?

What is the difference between the Novarossi and the Top Line?
I am confused...

It's right there ...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Is it ROAR legal?

Last edited by Frag; 04-19-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.