Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by judge10tpt
sounds good, i want more that one, if we want say 20 + would that be easy, so as soon as you got the PT post it up and i will order, got to be better than the club ones with dead batterys and the $100$$$$ to get the batterys replaced
Hi judge10tpt, we're helping clubs with PT's, we can replace dead batteries but often they want club i-PT's made up. Now they can have club PTX's instead
Old 05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im not gonna lie, im pretty confused how it works but sign me up
Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi judge10tpt, we're helping clubs with PT's, we can replace dead batteries but often they want club i-PT's made up. Now they can have club PTX's instead

i am there with that

PM when they are ready and i will get some
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can u make them in different colors? i want blue
Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Terry,

I think I've read all the info here...lets see if I have it correct.

a)New PTX transponder is really small (about 1/2 the size of the AMBrc)

b)The NEW PTX transponder comes with "10" different I.D. numbers built in and is selectable. The chances of all 10 of these available ID's being used is slim to none, so there should be no problem using these at any events.

c)The NEW PTX cannot really be cloned, because it's got 10 available channels in it...that were probably selected randomly based on previous cloned unit I.D.'s, but if you want it cloned...you would add the cloned numbers into the 10 number mix...or can it actually hold MORE than 10...if you have more personal numbers you want cloned and added in.

d)The CLUB version, I assume is designed to be used with a scoring program being used in a NON AMBrc mod (Or in AMB20 mode) so it is only selected by the LAST digit. But, would these still work with the program in the full AMBrc mode where the 7 digit number is used?

...I know this will be a VERY popular item...can't wait to see the production price.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi SWTour, thanks for your comments. Some things with transponders only make sense if you're involved with running meetings and using the autocount system and software etc, I guess you're one of them.. a race organiser?

Here's the answers:

a) Correct.

b) Correct, no problem using them but two people can't be on the same number in the same race for obvious reasons!

c) Yes, think of the PTX as 10 PT's in one with one standard 'set' of 10 numbers plus the option to have your existing PT number programmed in. The 'custom cloned number' option is for those people who want to move over to the PTX and still keep their existing number(s).

d) The 'club' PTX is has a single 7 digit number just like any exisitng PT, except that the number is from a club rechargeable transponder. They are used by clubs instead of their normal rechargeables. Either they replace their whole set of house TP's with 10 or 20 PTX's or as many as they need.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by punkracer24
im not gonna lie, im pretty confused how it works but sign me up
Hi punkracer24, no need to be confused it's a new type PT and anyone can run with them. You don't need an AMB original first, which has been the case up until now.

Originally Posted by GymBeam
can u make them in different colors? i want blue
Hi GymBeam, if you want it blue you need an i-PT the PTX only comes in 'stealthy' black!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How do you choose which number of the ten in the ptx you want to use? Is there a button on the ptx, or is there some other hardware/software needed to select the number?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Andrew, there's a button on the PTX that's used to select the number.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Terry_S
.......the PTX only comes in 'stealthy' black!
SOLD!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Terry, any ETA on these? I was going to buy an ITX until the pricing went up and put them near the cost of an AMB. Hopefully you'll be able to keep the pricing down with the PTX. Any plans on having a US distributor carry the PTX since cloning won't be required this time?? If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand over on this side of the pond.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, if we can pre- order, let us know. Then you know how big the first batch should be ;-)
You can definately count me in on it
Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey terry,

Can we specify to you what "random" number we want on the PTX when we order?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Terry, any ETA on these? I was going to buy an ITX until the pricing went up and put them near the cost of an AMB. Hopefully you'll be able to keep the pricing down with the PTX. Any plans on having a US distributor carry the PTX since cloning won't be required this time?? If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand over on this side of the pond.
No ETA sorry, not as yet. We're hoping to keep the price low and we'll be having discounts for clubs. Re distributors, we don't have them for our timing/transponder products and services. It will be easy to order so there shouldn't be problems to buy them in the US or other countries.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GymBeam
Hey terry,

Can we specify to you what "random" number we want on the PTX when we order?

Thanks
GymBeam it's a standard 'set' of numbers plus optional custom cloned numbers on the basic PTX and a single cloned number on the 'Club' PTX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.