Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree73Likes

2017 ROAR 1/8 Off Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The biggest issue we have is our taste for drama. We love to cultivate it and focus on that part of these big events. When there were great things that get forgotten. Cole Ogden coming from a full lap down and making the show. The effort made to even run when the track looked like it was a lost cause due to rain. The over 300 entries for a Nationals. Xray winning its first Nitro offroad ROAR title.

Seen a switch of narrative on these events in the 15+ years on RCtech. Use to be we just debated if it was the Chassis or the Driver that was the reason for results. Every race it was that debate. Now it is some track drama that we beat to death. Kinda miss the Chassis debates....lol
Old 06-29-2017, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
The biggest issue we have is our taste for drama. We love to cultivate it and focus on that part of these big events. When there were great things that get forgotten. Cole Ogden coming from a full lap down and making the show. The effort made to even run when the track looked like it was a lost cause due to rain. The over 300 entries for a Nationals. Xray winning its first Nitro offroad ROAR title.

Seen a switch of narrative on these events in the 15+ years on RCtech. Use to be we just debated if it was the Chassis or the Driver that was the reason for results. Every race it was that debate. Now it is some track drama that we beat to death. Kinda miss the Chassis debates....lol
Jeff that was amazing for Cole to do that he literally un lapped himself then proceeded to then over take everyone up to the 3rd position. In the Final he was leading for a few mins but unfortunately I think he used up his tires to quickly. I miss chassis arguments too but now with 25 different 8th scale companies the chassis argument thread would never end. I like the drama because well its a part of the industry there is drama in all sports that's what we as fans take interest in our favorite pro or team. There has always been drama its just now with social media the regular people like us are able to witness it now !
Old 06-29-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
Apco1 People on Facebook are up[set that Maifield got up set is what I was eluding to. and Ty crying after coming 3rd at the worlds I thought was some BS just my opinion.
So your opinion of one racers emotions is valid and other peoples opinions of a separate racers emotions are invalid? Makes sense.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm a Lutz fan. He's an ambassador to the hobby. I also like Tebo. I can relate to both.

I was torn because of the transponder issue. I agree with how it was handled. However, if that transponder issue happened to a lesser known driver in the semifinals.... then that driver wouldn't have been extended the same courtesy.

Rules... which ones do you want to enforce today? Even "tech" rules aren't always clear or enforced consistently.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
I'm a Lutz fan. He's an ambassador to the hobby. I also like Tebo. I can relate to both.

I was torn because of the transponder issue. I agree with how it was handled. However, if that transponder issue happened to a lesser known driver in the semifinals.... then that driver wouldn't have been extended the same courtesy.

Rules... which ones do you want to enforce today? Even "tech" rules aren't always clear or enforced consistently.
I think it were someone in 5th place and their transponder wasn't working it would have been harder to give the laps back and see exactly where they finished. Tebo was the clear winner so it was not really a difficult answer.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hypocritical opinion is it not?

Originally Posted by Apco1
So your opinion of one racers emotions is valid and other peoples opinions of a separate racers emotions are invalid? Makes sense.
I don't get it either...seems he (Bermy) has a beef with TY (evidenced in posts after the Neo Race)...he is a baby for crying at the Worlds...but is cool with Mayfield (in my opinion, in an even bigger "baby"
move) throwing is radio about...what gives?

From my view, TY was the defending champ and probably put his heart and soul into that race - losing - it happens - crying about it...not for me to say...I am not in his shoes...but that is a hard emotion to control...choosing to throw your radio around... that is different.

Shake my head...
stanleyw808, gt racing and Apco1 like this.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
I don't get it either...seems he (Bermy) has a beef with TY (evidenced in posts after the Neo Race)...he is a baby for crying at the Worlds...but is cool with Mayfield (in my opinion, in an even bigger "baby"
move) throwing is radio about...what gives?

From my view, TY was the defending champ and probably put his heart and soul into that race - losing - it happens - crying about it...not for me to say...I am not in his shoes...but that is a hard emotion to control...choosing to throw your radio around... that is different.

Shake my head...
I like both Ty and Maifield. I don't really dislike any pro racers(how can I? I dont' know any of them), I just root more for a few than I do others.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

No beef with TY think he's a great racer but I definitely think he gets some favoritism and people act like he does no wrong in a race. Do I think Maifield throwing the radio was silly of course I can fully understand that but for me crying for coming 3rd in a race that you was out of after 30 mins? I know lots of people that would be happy with 3rd there are many great racers out there that never will get a worlds win he has one already.

Last edited by BermyDomRepRC; 06-29-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

I never said that my point is people are quick to bash on one racer but others they let slide.

Last edited by BermyDomRepRC; 06-29-2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bermy - no problems man...good bench racing...
Old 06-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turndownwhip
Bermy - no problems man...good bench racing...
Its all good bud this is all part of RC racing its all fun at the end of the day we are a bunch of people that enjoy this crazy thing called RC! We can have opinions and debates its all part of the banter man as long as we have fun and race in the end.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
I never said that my point is people are quick to bash on one racer but others they let slide.
No problem. This crazy thing called internet doesn't always allow us to read ones thoughts in the same manner they were expressed.
BermyDomRepRC likes this.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

No problem. This crazy thing called internet doesn't always allow us to read ones thoughts in the same manner they were expressed.
When is the next big USA race I know that there are the Euro b races 10th Euros 8th scale Euros and 10th scale US Nats coming up whats the next big US race Hot Rod Shoot out ?
Old 06-29-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

BermyDomRepRC is a self confessed Ty Tessman hater and an avid Maifield supporter.
BermyDomRepRC likes this.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eastside777
BermyDomRepRC is a self confessed Ty Tessman hater and an avid Maifield supporter.
lolololololol my boy !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.