Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity lies again! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know why everyone has to complain about them. Trinity have had great products, I bet every single person has had a moster in there car before. Who makes that really fast motor, oh ya trinity. Anyways why people complian about nothin beats me but oh well
...who makes that awesome stock motor out there..? oh yeah... EPIC, not trinity. trinity just happens to have probably the biggest budget when it comes to advertising and that is the only reason that the monster stock is know as just that, the trinity monster stock.

people get all caught up in the brands and fail to just remember/realize... it's just a sticker...

Last edited by peter_robinson; 10-07-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You do realize EPIC stands for Ernest Provetti Import Company do you not? Ernie is the pres. of Trinity. So it is a Trinity motor, actually.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

futureal you forgot me!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Mal

That's what the epic from trinity stands for. I believe the other epic, the japanese manufacturer who's name is stamped on end bells, actually makes the motor.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Axiom5B
You do realize EPIC stands for Ernest Provetti Import Company do you not? Ernie is the pres. of Trinity. So it is a Trinity motor, actually.
Axiom....Im not saying thats this is wrong but I want to see where this INTERNET myth started and if it is indeed true. I have seen this alot but no one ever proves its reality......it very well could stand for that but me being a doubter I want to see it for it to be true.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And this whole new EPIC line of stuff from trinity is nothing new....remember "Point Blank" and the serries of motors and batts that Trinity sold under that name in the mid 90's. Its about marketing and they right now seem to be on top of the game....everyone is talking about them more then anyother company so thats got to tell you something.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

EPIC

I though that meant: Eat Pie $ Ice Cream
Old 10-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, yea, SMC cells are GREAT.

Used them to power my XXX4 to the top spot in the Triple A mains this years Tacoma RC Raceway Gold Cup. Two first place finishes usually does that.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
At the risk of going against popular opinion, I agree fully with Kevin and Darkseid. Trinity has some suspect practices, but how can you argue with the success they've had?

This IS a capitalist marketplace, and Trinity is taking advantage of that. If you don't like them, don't buy their stuff.

If you have "hard evidence" that Trinity has wronged you in some way, then that is a much more convincing (and useful) thing to post.
I'll third that, I've used(& still use) plenty of Trinity products(& I do heavily rely on their stock motors & it looks like their Chameleon 2 may be the best 19 turn I've seen yet, though I know I haven't seen them all), & there's NOTHING wrong with them. I do, however, think that they sometimes get carried away with some of their advertising...I still remember how they said that the P-94 would "Revolutionize modified racing", but seemed to fall a bit short of that(though they're still good motors, I know the one I got from Paul Lemieux is a rocket). But it's not like they're the ONLY ones who've ever exaggerated like that, you just have to take it with a grain of salt, & remember the old saying..."Caveat emptor", which roughly translated, means "Let the buyer beware".....
Old 10-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

hey i actually had a few trinity gp packs and they were just as good as the promatch and smc packs i think you paying like 10-15$ extra just for the name, if they were to lower the prices i think they'ed have like twice the amount of customers i know i'd start buyin there packs again because they are pretty good. another thing from trinity is of corse their killer motor. and everyone else is prced there motor at same price so maybe once in awhile you over price a few products higher then other companies. i think big deal you don't like do whine just look for something else then.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

I have a quick comment and a note on GP Batteries.

I'm not sure if Trinity has or has not but my understanding of ROAR rules states that any new battery must have been submitted by September 1 (? not sure of exact date) to be legal for the following year... This is to include the current GP in a new shrink.

As for my theory on GP batteries the old verse the new ... voltage jumped way up because the original GP battery did not meet ROAR specs and so when they did conform they compressed the material into a smaller can thus increasing voltage... The reason I say this is a good friend of mind has pressed batteries that he uses in his R/C sport and this process increaded the voltage in the batteries he was using. For anyone wonder if he race cars ... he does not.

As for Trinity not playing fair one can say that under cutting the hobby shop is not fair ...

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 10-07-2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Here is another example of Trinity's deceptive advertising policy.

Reference: Talking with Josh Cyrul thread:

Hiya Josh,

Thought I'd also ask a question that I posted on that other forum.

The question was: I noted at the Worlds that the fuel you and Mr. Collari were using seemed to be quite a bit lighter in color than the Trinity fuel sold. Would you care to comment?

Cyrul's reply:

Brent - The fuel that was used at the Worlds was something we mixed up at the track. Sirio supplied us with the oil that they like to run in Europe. Wild Cat fuel actually supplied us with the methanol and nitro for the race. We didn't add any dye to the fuel so that's why it wasn't any color.

Trinity fuel wins the Worlds - yeah right...........
Old 10-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

everybody who disagrees with what trinity is doing..here's a piece of advice for you.. vote with your dollar.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:03 AM
lee
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The question that needs to be asked is. If these cells are different then the others. Have they been ROAR approved?
Old 10-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

guys theres a little nitro onroad race here in florida where team trinity drivers were using max's racing fuel because they were getting dog by the locals!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.